5th Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by halcyon, Jul 19, 2021.

1. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Did Nagi just say it wasn't her who pass a handkerchief to the 5ki girl who cried (revealed to be Satsuki) when meeting their senpai for the first time, it was actually Iroha?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

More highlights from Kubo Channel:
    Teresa & Nagi Episode 2
    • Kubo learns about “Nyan nyan Nyagi” and makes Nagi perform it.
    • Teresa says the younger members of the 5ki have their act together more. She's the oldest but doesn’t give the feeling of being oldest.
    • Kubo asks who's the 5ki’s organizer (matomeyaku)? Teresa points to Nagi. Kubo is surprised: “Nyan nyan Nyagi is the organizer!?”
    • Kubo says that of all the senpai’s songs, Guru Guru Curtain is the one that she’s most unable to capture the feeling of the original performance no matter how much she practices.
    • Nagi and Teresa say Synchronicity was the most difficult of the 5 omitatekai songs.
    • When asked about being in the original Synchronicity senbatsu, Kubo says when you’re not the original member for a song, your experience of it starts from seeing the MV and you can only ask others what it was like. But when she’s the original member for a song, what she recalls are the nuances that the sensei points out. Like for Synchronicity, during the jijou wa shiranakutemo iinda part, the choreographer Seishiro said to lean forward like you’re plucking an object out of the interior of somewhere. Such advice becomes very useful years later, when Kubo’s abilities catch up and she’s able to perform what she couldn’t before.
    • Kubo asks if any 5ki cried at rehearsals. Nagi cried from nerves singing Kimi no Na wa Kibou (Kubo: “That’s surprising! Nyan nyan Nyagi!?”). Nagi says Hina and Satsuki are crybabies. Kubo mentions that Satsuki cried when she first met senpai, and Nagi leaps at the opportunity to correct that it was actually Iroha who gave her handkerchief to Satsuki back then. Kuromi mistakenly said Nagi gave the handkerchief, maybe because Iroha had her hair combed to the sides like Nagi that day. Teresa also cried when meeting senpai, but she says it's because she was upset from earlier being informed she’d debut after the other 5ki.
    • Kubo asks Teresa how it felt not appearing with the 5ki. Teresa says she didn’t watch, her mind was full with taking university entrance exams, but she saw 5ki appear on the news, she felt like a fan who was in close proximity to them.
    • Nagi says that even now it feels like there’s a TV screen in front of her when senpai like Kubo talk to her.
    Teresa & Nagi Episode 3
    • Kubo forces Teresa and Nagi to repeat “Teresa-panda hakken!” and “Nyan nyan Nyagi!” in a continuous loop.
    • Nagi says Sakura doesn’t seem older than her, she’s really babyish and clings to people’s arms.
    • Nagi has rewatched her Zetsubou no Ichibyou Mae dance many times and always feels nervous again, but rewatching it while Kubo praises her as cute and cool makes her feel embarrassed and happy.
    • Teresa says when 5ki were shown the Zetsubou choreography for the first time, they felt so daunted it was like everyone’s soul left their body. Kubo says when 3ki first saw the dancers perform Sanbanme no Kaze, the 3ki also felt like they couldn’t do it.
    • When the Zetsubou MV was first filmed, Teresa and Sakura couldn’t appear publicly so they observed from the side. Teresa was upset and said, “Why am I not over there?” but Sakura reassured her and said it was ok. The two didn’t learn the choreography with the rest of the 5ki, so they later had to memorize it in one day, putting Teresa in a panic. She says it was right after taking her university entrance exams, so her head was still full of math equations.
    • Kubo is overwhelmed by the 5ki’s positive thinking and team support. She says the 3ki didn’t get along at first, but the 5ki are completely different. Nagi says after the final 5ki audition ended, everyone gathered and talked. Nagi was shy and couldn’t speak up, but Miku and and Hina started talking to her like they’d been friends for years, so from that day onward everyone got along. Teresa says the 5th gen has a lot of members who can act as “lubricant,” like Iroha.
    • Teresa asks Kubo how to keep hair tidy when dancing. Teresa’s hair swung everywhere and covered her face when she danced Zetsubou, so she was told to tie her hair back for the omitatekai. Kubo says you just learn over time how to move your head to return your hair to its original position.
    • Nagi says she’s bad at variety talk on Star Tanjo and asks Kubo how to overcome that. Kubo says as along as you can just respond when something is said to you, and avoid going “mmm...” then it's fine, and you’ll gradually improve while working with Ozwald.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Nice. 4th gens cosplaying as 5th gens!! LOLz!

I’m not sure of Mayutan as Ayan.

4. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

So Nagi is the glue and leader of 5ki .

5. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Oops. Moved to post:^^;:

• Like Like x 1
  6. JpmusicRocks

JpmusicRocks Kenkyuusei

Repost from star tanjo thread

English Translation of Shin Nogizaka Star Tanjo『 5-Kisei Hajimete Talk !』# Showroom 02 (Ioki Mao, Tomisato Nao,Ikeda Teresa)

https://twitter.com/jpmusicRocks/status/1536028020913213440?t=mxECvREg27-DWIVUynoSmw&s=19

ANN translation for 5th gen will be taking a back seat for now,as I think this is pretty fun to translate seeing that it's Showroom 1 is only subbed so far.Apologize for any wrong translation as this is direct translated from Chinese sub ,coupled with what I hear from the audio

FR0oVlWacAAeqs4.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  7. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

Has anyone met any of the 5ki yet or read any reports from someone who has? I think it would be interesting to hear how well they’re interacting with fans and if some members are a natural for it while others are still figuring it out. I’m also just interested in learning more about them in general as I still have zero idea which 5ki member(s) I want to support.

8. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    5th gen drawing by Nagi.
    Screenshot_2022-06-23-08-24-11-23_f2cb81fb7cf38af7978f186f2a61634a.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. JpmusicRocks

JpmusicRocks Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    What is happening with this 5th gen is truly amazing!

It will be a long post so, if you feel like reading it just open it at your peril...

After the 4th gen, with its multitude of talents and personalities, topped up with 5 new 4th gen, the Nogizaka skits, the "no Gaku Tabi", the "Doko e" and the "Star Tanjou" with its format as a "real-time performance training laboratory", I was keep saying that 4th gen is the new backbone of the Nogizaka of the future, the gen that will carry the group in the next decade.

I never expected that the 5th gen (especially after its bumpy start) would make me feel even more thrilled. These tiny creatures (with the exception of the super kawaii twin-towers) have got me completely glued to the screen every time I am watching them. I find them extremely charismatic (not necessarily with the meaning of talented). There are of course talents among them but even those with no particular talent are so "maleable", flexible and trainable, easy to absorb, adapt and adopt new things.

These thoughts were in my mind for quite some time but the last Star Tanjou made me want to share these with you. And in particular it was Nao-chan. She is the epitomy of the hard-working girl that is using whatever she is gifted with as a weapon to win our hearts. With no particular talent in singing or dancing, she is so imposingly convincing that she is doing her best! And all this with her strongest weapon: her angelic smile! That smile that can melt even androids.

My dearest Teresa, my oshi, is the epitomy of adaptability. The first girl to perform in Start Tanjou episode 1, proved to be a chameleon compared with the gloomy and somber personality of her documentary. She just switched to an anime!

Nagi-chan is so... complete: She has the looks, very good voice, very good dancing, she is apparently a good leader but at the same time down-to-earth and has shown signs of being a "calm and serene harbour" for the other girls.

Miku-chan is the onee-san. The hug to comfort and strengthen any other girl. Her smile is overwhelming. So is Saku-chan2, the calm and enigmatic beauty. And in this group I would dare put Iroha: she seems frail but is yet another soothing presence. Her scrunchy nose when she sings and smiles is irresistible and her childish voice is most pleasant.

Aya is another "all-rounder". She seems to be a copy of Nagi - just 3 years younger. And although she seems to be the "plushie" of her sisters, she is tougher than rock. This girl will bloom and will bloom big!

My dearest Satsuki: She is another "good at everything" girl, although she joined with no particular waepon. Her voice is also very good (personally I find it fit for a broader spectrum of songs - having in her roster my very top performance of all 10 episodes of Star Tanjou so far: "anata ni aete yokatta") and she is very good at dancing. But what makes this girl BIG is her character: explosive and dynamic, not shy to bring out her ponkotsu. Even at moments of awkwardnes she has such enormous emotional intelligence to turn the situation on her behalf. She is the girl with the character to "fill the space around her". I believe Satsuki is a treasure-box and Nogizaka management must treat her in such a way as to make all this potential develop in the proper way.

Mao is a powerhouse. Despite her nervousnes at omitatekai, deep within lies a true leader. She has the voice that hit straight to the alpha waves of the brain, the voice that we all want to put us to sleep and the voice we want to hear as soon as we are waking up. Apparently she is fit for ballads, and ballads we had so far from her but it would be intriguing to listen to her trying other styles. She is of course very pretty and physically strong (I would bet she is the strongest of all the 5th gen girls). If Nagi is the face, then Mao is the next leader if we follow the 1-3-5 pattern (Manatsu -> Umezawa -> Ioki). Her "yaruki/genki/boku/Ioki" introduction made me ROFL - the best introduction EVER!

And then we have the "black sheep": Hina and Aruno. Of these two "sinners" it was only Hina's "sin" of NDA breach that annoyed me just a bit personally, something I insta-forgave the moment I saw her picture: a stunningly pretty younger Saito Kyoko of Hinatazaka46. Ladies and gentlemen we have our DANCER. And I'm not referring to ballet but her extremely sharp and huge movements during "Ride on Time". And her tears during their performance of "Kimi no Na wa Kibou" were more than enough to start supporting this girl.

And we come to Aruno. For me, the top singer of all Sakamichi group girls until now, with the possible exception of Lotti - and only her! Aruno is a face that takes time to get to really like. She looks as just an "ok..." type of pretty Japanese girl. But the more I see her, the more I like her. She is truly round, LOL, but... her image in that black outfit, with the mini skirt and the boots during the "Roppongi Shinju" convinced me that she has what it takes for a great career! I've never been a Tecchi fan: But Aruno can be like a new Tecchi that I will be a fan of!

But apart from those... details, what I like most about these new girls is the "spirit and bonds of camaraderie" that are so tangible to feel and 'see": these girls are like a solid group, one is there to support the other. It seems that each 5th gen girl has noone to rest and be comforted, apart from the shoulder of whichever 5th gen girl happens to be next to her. And that is what I find amazing.

And one more thing... We are experiencing their live training, the process through which they will become independent and competent Nogizaka46 members and true professionals.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

To kick things off for the idol medley in today's THE MUSIC DAY, singing Sentimental Journey with Matsumoto Iyo.
    [​IMG]
    With 3 different separate performances, I was really hoping 5th gen would also have their participation and not just the usual Senbatsu members. I wonder which member/s will be included for Hadashi de Summer and on their 3rd performance.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

These two are winning me over.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Credit to uploader

• Like Like x 2
  13. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

5ki Evaluation
    S - excellent A- Above avg B- Slightly above avg C- Average D- Below Avg

" All Rounders "
    Nagi
    Visuals - S Vocals - A Dance- A

Aya
    Visuals - A Vocals- A Dance- A

" 2 way "
    Ioki
    Visuals- A Vocals- A Dance- B

Iroha
    Visuals - C Vocals- A Dance-A

Others
    Aruno
    Visuals - C Vocals- S Dance-B

Miku
    Visuals - B Vocals- C Dance- A

Satsuki
    Visuals - S Vocals- B Dance- ?

Sakura
    Visuals - S Vocals - C Dance - ?

Nao
    Visuals- B Vocals - C Dance ?

Teresa
    Visuals - A Vocals - B Dance?

Hina
    Visuals - B vocals - C Dance- A

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Who the fuck make that stupid evaluation?

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Nagi, satsuki and miku in FRIDAY magazine.

FXowttNacAAHKIc.jpeg FXowvTcaQAAyZKs.jpeg
    FXoxpE5acAAtL9n.jpeg FXoxpFDagAAJckC.jpeg
    FXowumhagAAYQWw.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  17. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Senbatsu trio incoming :hehe:

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  18. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Someone compiled the appearances in magazines of the 5th gen.

rps20220716_232621.jpg

Cr: ikutarianbeam

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

About to ask if anyone have a list so far just see who are the likely next model from this group. Not surprising it's Nyagi leading the way. And those magazines. Not bad :D

Btw, are they still doing principal?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  20. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2