Single AKB48 10th [Oogoe Diamond] 08/10/22

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by flagator21, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Umm...TBA = To be Announced :lol:

2. Criss

Criss Member

Thanks, I though that could be some kind of abbreviation, but with all kind of titles for singles its better to ask.

3. TimeBomb

TimeBomb Kenkyuusei

Maybe a label change could also mean some other AKB stuff could run out of print?

4. kaito

kaito Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Does this have anything to do with the release? Unless they're filming any other PV's sometime soon.

RYON*RYON is a great choreographer, but I'm used to her choreographing very cool, edgy sounding songs (not typical Idol songs), so maybe that's a sign of what type of single it would be? She choreographed Maki's 'Glass no Pumps', 'SOME BOYS! TOUCH' and she did both her 'G-Emotion' tours. She also did that one shot H!P group, High-King's choerography for their 'Cinderella Complex' single. If these are any indication of what AKB48's new single is going to be like, I'M GOING TO FUCKING LOVE IT. <3<3

5. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I need to buy a bunch of DVDs...

AKB48, actually dancing?! I would love it if that happened! Usually we're stuck with a mixture of parapara and random hand/arm gestures... if AKB48 could get up to H!P level in choreography, that'd be awesome!

Since this is another new label, they're going to have do put out an exceptional release that is supposed to define AKB48. It'll be the next Aitakatta. I'm assuming it'll be sung with small groups and I hope that it includes the entire AKB48.

Skirt, Hirari 2008 anyone? (I want this so badly...)

6. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    That would suck in my opinion....it should be something new, not just a re-release. Its been so long since the last original single release (and I mean actual single releases) that for them to just re-release an old single would be very boring and quite a let down.

7. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Then instead of that, I just want a generic-ish release similar to Aitakatta. I think it should be able to be themed in a variety of different ways. As much as I'd like another dark single like Seifuku or Keitbetsu, I think they need something less specific. I'm sure that they will use it during every concert like they did Aitakatta, since it'll be their newest debut single.

(RSL's wishlist:

10/22/08 Aitakatta-like single
    11/19/08 Skirt, Hirari 2008
    12/31/08 SeifuKeibe, Irane!

Awesome, huh?)

8. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    ^ Not, its not that awesome.

Why would you want something generic? How about something new and exciting?

9. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^See, I'm assuming that King Records will want to use the song that they used to debut AKB48 a ton, much like DefStar's use of Aitakatta... if they do that, I want a... not necessarily generic, but... more mainstream single. I'd prefer it to be able to be used many times but not lose its emphasis, which more powerful songs tend to do...

I don't think that made any more sense, but I just feel that it should be another happy single so it can be used more often.

10. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

Can anyone explain more on this?

11. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

When you bought SnH2008 at the theatre it came with one of 44 posters and there was a day trip thing with the girls that you could get into. However, to get a ticket to the trip you had to buy ALL 44 posters, so 44 CDs. I can't remember who exactly did it, but someone higher up cancelled the whole thing because of how money-hungry or whatever it was.

Someone else could probably provide better details...

12. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

^ Oh. That one. OK. Got it. Thanks.

13. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Weren't the posters random, too? So unless if you didn't get a different member each time you bought a CD, you'd have to buy more than 44. :shock:

14. Adam Sensei

Adam Sensei Kenkyuusei

15. lolqhkf

lolqhkf Kenkyuusei

It don't think it was cancelled by someone higher up. The event or whatever you want to call it went against a law that prohibited unfair method to increase sales of a product.
    Because you only get a poster when you buy a CD and posters were random, it wasn't 44CDs. It was 44CDs at least. That was why it was considered as a method to increase sales, not a promotion for the CD.

I am not sure if Defstar left AKB or AKB left Defstar but I think it was AKB that left Defstar because it was all Defstar's fault... It would be ridiculous if Defstar kicked AKB out for thier mistakes... I still don't understand why Defstar did this tho. They are Sony's subcompany. I didn't think they were THAT stupid.

Anyway, I think there is pros and cons for moving to King Record. King is not main stream label company so they do not have any big name artists. Most of their artists are Visual-Kei, Enka and voice actors... Some famous names are the Pillows, Sound Horizon, Gazzette, Kagrra and Mizuki Nana. Although it was Sony's subcompany, Defstar at least had Hirai Ken and Chemistry... In terms of quality of label company and thier influence, I don't think King can compete against King.

However, King is well-known for their nice events. Taking Mizuki Nana, a famous voice actor, as an example, she has so many small events that are carried out for fans. If King Record treat AKB48 like how they treat Mizuki Nana, King Record might be a good place for AKB48. Also, King Record is pretty good at putting their artists into CMs so we might be able to see more AKB48 in TV~ :D

16. Adam Sensei

Adam Sensei Kenkyuusei

That's how I understood it at the time. The event was in breach of fair trading or counter-competitive laws. I'm not sure how they word it in the Japanese legal system, but you get the idea. They were basically issued a "cease and desist" and that was the end of it.

In my opinion, yes, having to buy a minimum of 44 posters to get an event ticket is taking advantage of some people, but do this kind of thing all the time, just in different ways. This is one of my favourite things about AKB48: Watching the management come up with new and exciting ways to extort money from addicted wotas.

17. TimeBomb

TimeBomb Kenkyuusei

but it's not that much fun if you ARE one of these addicted wotas XD - Shit like that would never be possible in my country since we got customer protection laws.^^

18. Hellie

Hellie Kenkyuusei

a new akb single? Thats great *-*"

the thing with the posters... is kinda crazy?! o.o

19. delerium

delerium Kenkyuusei

From my understanding of the fiasco, the event and posters were promoted by AKS management. The posters were a theater promotion, only if you bought the single at the theater. I don't think theater sales count toward Oricon rankings, but I could be wrong. I doubt that Defstar/Sony were directly responsible, although they MIGHT have hastily okay'd it, not realizing the full impact.

20. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

The sale (Sakura no Hanabiratachi 2008) in the theater was done by staff from Sofmap. I don't see why it shouldn't count for Oricon.
    As for the theater shop (that just got shrunk when they got the lockers), if you don't count special events, I don't think it makes a huge impact on sales.