Single AKB48 36th [Labrador Retriever] 14/05/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I can understand why all the kpop lovers who thought UZA was pure genius don't like this song.
    It reminds me of Choudai, Darling! which is one of the best recent AKB songs, I already love this single a lot. Loving the A-side and senbatsu.
    Can't wait to see the new teams PVs! It should give us a general idea of the pecking order in the teams. Some are obvious, some are not.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Same here. I wonder the most about Team B, tbh.

Naanya is in the middle of a huge push with Juri at her heels.
    Somehow I imagine Naanya will get the Ricchan treatment in Team A while Juri will be someone like Annin.
    The center will still go to Mayuyu for obvious reasons.

And the draftees!! Finally in action!! [rock]

3. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

I think Team B top 3 will be Mayuyu, Yukirin and Ikoma. Team 4 will have Renacchi, Miki, Nana. Team A and K will be Paru x Ricchan and Mako x Yui wcenter respectively.

4. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    well, on New Gen Paruru is like the new Yuko of some sort while Mayuyu is the new Acchan in terms of rivalry and not overall. obviously Mayuyu and Paruru carry the flag of AKB, Jurina on SKE, Sayanee and Milky on NMB and Sasshi on HKT. I don't think it's no wonder why Mayuyu is the center on the 36th Single although she was transferred back to Team B. election standing wise. Mayuyu is the only one among the new gen whose votes last year is close enough to Sasshi. while Yukirin is not lagging far behind. Paruru is not even yet on the legendary Kami-7 status. you need to reach that milestone first before being called the most popular member on the 48G. there's no shortcut on it.

5. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I really don't wanna sound mean or rude, because I'm everything but mean and rude. But it really aggravates me to read that Mayuyu is a "new gen". She's a freaking oriB member, she's part of the original three teams and has been around since 2006. I could accept yous calling her "new gen" if she was like unpopular in the early days and had a breakthrough post 2012. But no, she's always been popular.
    Mayuyu is not the leader of the new gen, she's one of the remaining ori members that lead the group in terms of popularity. And that's just as good, I don't know why yous want to call her "new gen" all the time.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Same here. [hehe]
    She's young and that's it.
    Same as Jurina, who came in just 1.5 years after Mayuyu (she's as old-gen as Akicha, Sumire, etc.) but who is just 17 at the moment. By the time she leaves (and that won't be before she's 22 or 23), she'd have been more than half her life in AKB. [worried]

Which bothers me quite a lot, cause all these pushes we're seeing (Paruru, Ricchan, Kojimano, Nana...) won't get a chance at snatching the place while Jurina is there. I understand that not everything is about the center, and that having a good and recognizable line-up once the whole old gen is gone is important, but we all know how they're labelling them. [wonder]

7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Labels are sometimes pretty inconsistent within this fandom. At this point, "new-gen" and "still young enough to be relevant for a few years" are rather synonymous. :D

8. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Nothing is ever predictable in the world of AKB48. [hehe]
    When I saw the title of the song my first reactions was wait what? Did I read that right? But I like it, it sounds funny. :p
    Seeing all the reactions saying the song is terribly boring I was prepared for the worst, but I was actually pleasantly surprised. The song is cute, but not the colourful childlike kind of cute. It doesn't really remind me of a hot day at the beach, but listening to it I can almost feel the warm breeze on a summer evening.

9. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I love this description. :music:

10. banzaiwota

banzaiwota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Hello guys how ur you alll!!! :D :D Such a long time i'm not jump to this forum lol!! :D :D
    After heard this labrador song i must admit i like it so much!!! :inlove: :inlove:
    From the short preview i can sense a summer aura from this song!!So hearing this song take me to the beautifull beach and i can smell the summer breeze,the sun,the ocean wave everything!! :) :)
    Hopefully they can bring the right PV for this song..Hopefully the PV like Ponytail or Everyday Katsucha? :chuffed: :chuffed:
    With the right and the beautifull PV this single will be wonderfull!!! ;) ;) ;)

11. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    So after listening to it for 2 hours+ I'm really starting to like it. Didn't deactivate loop in VLC and had some other work to do, so i completly forgot about it [hehe] .

It's different to the previous summer singles, but I think that makes the difference. It's quite an easy listener and has some really nice moments.

12. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    There was some thoughts about the senbatsu members, let me explain. First the regular senbatsu including Miichan. Then a lot of low ranking girls and newbies. I'm unsure if managemant want them to rise or if they only are there for senbatsu background. And so the super pushed Kitarie. Management, or some person there, have pushed her ever since last senbatsu sousenkyo. They frantic want her back in regular senbatsu, it's not enough to let her subbing. Of the same reason Akicha and Umechan can't fit because they are not pushed, or pushed aside. Remember they came before Kitarie in sousenkyo so they are in the way.

But Kitarie's placement are funny, it's the same place where they often put Akicha in. Out of the range of cameras. So why are they picking her and then put her there? It seems to me that someone chosed her and someone other moved her to the side. :D

13. Silenka

.... sometimes I think you make stuff up just to make Akicha look more shit on by management than she actually is.

Every girl in the Labrador Retriever senbatsu has had major management push recently, is always in AKB senbatsu, or recently had / has a kennin position with another (non-overseas) group.

You might notice that Sae and Mariyannu, the SNH kennins, aren't in this senbatsu either - despite Sae ranking within senbatsu in last year's election. Why would Akicha be in it if Sae isn't?

Yes, they do. That's the point of pushes, which all of those young/upcoming members in the senbatsu have had recently. And that's also the point of putting them in this single - the one that comes immediately before the election, with the voting ballot inside. Put the new up-and-comers in the view of the public now, to perhaps increase the votes they receive.

Every single's senbatsu except for the election's is management choice. If they wanted her "back in regular senbatsu", they'd just put her there and be done with it. And I gotta say, I've barely seen Kitarie in anything lately. She kinda dropped off the radar for me. But I sure as heck have noticed all the other pushes.

14. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    Jesus.. there's 36 girls in this single and you people are still arguing over who's who?

Suggest to the management you want all the girls in next time.

15. Silenka

Mostly just gotbild, really. Anytime Akicha isn't in something is a capital offense around here.

16. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    Such a travesty.. draft girls are almost a year in, they need to appear in singles if they ever gonna be relevant to the group.

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

When they update the forum software I'm thinking of suggesting that they incorporate a random word generator to change any instance of Akicha to a random word. http://www.wordgenerator.net/random-word-generator.php is currently suggesting that Puffin would be a good alternative

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Don't you find it suspicious that Puffin didn't appear in any units on Saturday? [notme]

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I rather have a Pokemon.

Reminds me of an Chrome extension which changes all the Catalunya (Spanish region) in a text for Poniland or something like that. :XD:

Nope, it's bullying! [aup]

So freaking true. The girls don't stand a chance at this moment.
    I just hope that the next draft has some "inmediate" effect. Like... they all get a b-side or they center the next team song or whatever. But they need to prove their value. They were chosen for that! :^^;:

Anyway, I'm loving the song now. :^^;:
    Maybe they'll show the PV next sunday? Or perform the b-sides? I need more! :drool:

20. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika

Now now Puffin might have been scheduled to appear in that cancelled one. ;)