Single AKB48 36th [Labrador Retriever] 14/05/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Mar 22, 2014.

1. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    being a new gen is not equal to the time of amount a member had been on the group as well as their age. Mayuyu is considered New Gen cause she is part of the New Generation of members that will take over AKB after the Old Gen graduated since she's not graduating yet and she's one of the most popular members today. everyone seems to not acknowledged Mayuyu as new gen because she's been a big part of the Old Gen's success but at the same time. she's much younger than the rest of the Kami-7 members. if you see Kojimako, Naachan and Mikichan as the Next Gen members who will take over the New Gen for the next couple of years in today's time. then on the Old Gen era we saw Mayuyu, Jurina and other younger members from the Old Gen era. the New Gen that will take over the Old Gen also.

2. mayuyukawaii

mayuyukawaii Kenkyuusei

I love this song, been repeating non-stop!!!! :inlove:

I wonder why did management give that clue in the 35th single, if it wasn't true. I remember Yui saying in a magazine interview that Paruru's scene had a significant meaning to it. [wonder]
    Also she's not even in the 1st row with Mayuyu and Jurina, but in the second row. Plus when Paruru is singing her line, Takamina is in the center, and not Paruru. Currently, I noticed that they're pushing Jurina more than Paruru.
    I'm not hating on Paruru!

3. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    They don't have a constant staff to work their PVs.. Its all at random so whatever happens in a pv, doesn't mean anything for the next one.

That scene might be a glimpse of the wishes the director wanted to convey but that doesn't necessarily mean the next director will follow through with it.

Paruru's involvement in all of this remains to be seen though since we do not know any details about the PV yet.

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I doubt Aki-P doesn't watch the PVs before they're released. And it's not about PVs, but about... dunno, inner coherence? They've hinted at other things before and they do it cause they know it creates a narrative within the group, so this comes as... nonsense. :wtf:

5. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika

The last time we had a glimpse of Aki-p looking at PVs he slammed the staff working at it cause it was too similar to what was previously released.

That narrative is really just the fans' impression of the group, usually its us fans that sort of create this narrative. We like to see things that aren't there. Sometimes it works, like kami-7, to some extent, was a narrative born from the fandom, it meant absolutely nothing to the management but because the collective consciousness of the fandom sees it as such, it became reality.

6. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    He also slammed the shit out of the people running RH last year for the mess that was the first day.
    For a producer he's quite hands off at times, but that's what the other staff are for.

7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I think "kami stages" are another example of that, the ones that everyone (probably differently) thinks are the best. I heard Yamada Nana in AKBshow say (I think) that she suspects N3 will become a "Kami stage" because it's so good, so that's an idea that the members probably adopted from the fans too. Or is there another criterion for a stage to be a "kami stage"?

There might not be any deliberate meaning to Paru's key in the MSM PV, but she did get moved to Team A. I thought Mayu got moved there before because of management's hope for her as someone who would possibly move into a perma-center position. I guess maybe it didn't work out quite as planned, and they are trying Paru now. That's my perception of it. But they've been dropping huge hints about Mayu and Paru in relation to center in pretty much everything since the start of the push for new-gen to move into position as the new top members. It almost seems like they're trying to decide who would fit center better or alternating between them or waiting until Paru is "ripe" and then they'll replace Mayu with Paru.

I wonder how much fan reaction towards who's in the center really influences management when it comes time to decide who's the center for the next single.

8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Actually, its only been a couple of months. (3 going 4 months now since they have been drafted) hasn't been that long.

But since they have all been promoted, and once the shuffle kicks in. We will be seeing them alot more. I'm sure we will see the AKB draftees in the team songs for this single.

9. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Most likely Paruru was chosen for center, but after Maeshika Mukanee's PV was filmed/released, someone made the order to change the center to Mayuyu. That's probably all there was to it.

10. hobolic

hobolic Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mogishinobu
    Does anyone have a working link where I can hear the song?

11. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
  12. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Yes, Kitarie is more or less out of sight and I link this to the personal changes in management. The subbing I talk about is KFS senbatsu. She and of course Miichan has been seeing in almost every performance during summer and autumn, I can't count them all, but Akicha in none. :(

13. febriogiring

febriogiring Kenkyuusei

I can't disagree anymore. 2 thumbs up :)
    If they want AKB48 to keep their existence in jpop culture, they should be more serious about the next gen thingy. I'm a bit sad too about the mid-gen, but this is the only way I think. *peace everybody*

14. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Yes, the 2nd chapter. But then it is strange we see a lot of Mocchi, 4th gen, and Kitarie, 5th gen. Why not Akicha, 6th gen? :D But now and here we are talking about other things. I was just showing why Akicha is not in this senbatsu and silenka bit like a hungry fish. :lol:

Edit: I don't agree with rka about senbatsu. Once in senbatsu sousenkyo it will last for a year. And I think one or two upper UG have the chance to reenter senbatsu.

15. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika

Like I said, 3x nin senbatsu.. and you argue who's in it or not? ... Why?

Also, senbatsu is a lock, Mocchi, Kitarie and etc are shoo-ins cause it is 3x nin.. Same goes for Akicha. In a normal 16-nin they wouldn't be even considered. Past singles dictate to this.

Sousenkyo senbatsu only last 1 single. You got it backwards, the rest of the year's senbatsu is the one that has a factor on sousenkyo results and not the other way around. Girls like Suda for example have been growing way before last year's sousenkyo, and was voted in for senbatsu last year, in fact, sousenkyo is the culmination of the efforts the girls did and ranking is the result. It was only a matter of time before she gets a nod as regular senbatsu for akb too.

16. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I don't know if we are talking about the same thing? Do you mean the were not performing in senbatsu until the next sousenkyo or after that voting? It was before my time here.

Edit: A comment to what rka wrote:

"But it shouldn't be news for you. It is not like Akicha has been featured in anything for the last couple of months."

Whose food are they serving at AKB cafe during April? :D

17. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Ok, I've missed that the first senbatsus was more than 16 members.

18. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Oh my god, I don't know if that answer is hilarious or incredibly sad.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wasn't Akicha in JKT back then? As far as I know, she was a JKT member until last month.

Mocchi and Kitarie are captain and co-captain of their respective teams. Surely they're important in management's eyes. I don't know how they fare in HS, but I think I remember Mocchi selling out like hotcakes. Does Akicha have that? I think not.
    Also, it might as well be that Miichan and Mocchi had more space in their schedules and were picked because of that.

You're always bringing up the whole She's the 12th AKB member most voted... guess what? IT DOESN'T MATTER.
    The election only has meaning for the ONE single the fans are voting for. Management has never said they would take those results into consideration for other releases. Never. So why should they?
    In their eyes, Akicha, Umechan, Mocchi and the likes are girls going down.
    On the other hand, girls like Kojimako and Nana are selling out more than 20 slots in HS (and we'll see where they end up in the election). They bring in more money with every release they make, hence why they deserve (or at least, Kojimako) be used more.

You might buy 5000 votes for Akicha and pump her into senbatsu, but management knows where those votes come from and once a year isn't enough for them. If you were in Japan shaking hands with her in every second of every slot she has, then it would be another story.

This is a business, mind you.

20. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/0 ... th-single-