Single AKB48 44th [Tsubasa wa Iranai] (2016/06/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 21, 2016.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

well at least the PV is better than Romance, Irane [hehe]

2. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Yes, I meant to write it's a summer single, not summer song. And I think a lot of people wanted/expected a return to a summer song for the summer single.

3. penguindash

penguindash Kenkyuusei

Oh my god that looks amazing omg. My Norwegian Wood feels.

4. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

It was pleasant but forgetful, sounded to me like an album filler. After hearing the first few bars I also thought I was listening to 365 2.0 but I'll buy it anyway! :lol:

5. fuyuchan1609

fuyuchan1609 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ogino Yuka
    Please tell me that this is a joke. This is a deception. Worst AKB summer single ever in my opinion. This doesn't represent at all akb. I had very high hopes for this song... even the PV is crap... Ponytail, Everyday and Manatsu are now behind us. :cry:

6. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    The song is refreshing. Can't wait for the music video release. :cute:

7. akbsnsd

akbsnsd Kenkyuusei

Anything goes for the cover art so hopefully we get some good ones. Miion Solo cover? [hehe]

8. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    the last AKB48 single I downloaded was Green Flash. and before that was maeshika mukanee. don't think I'll be downloading this one either. listening to their singles is too big an effort for me, it feels like such a commitment since there are so many songs on them, and I know I won't like most of them. I really miss quality songs from their stages.

9. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    The theme for the MV is really interesting. I do agree tho that the song doesn't really suit such a conflict in Japan's history, but IDK I guess I'll save full judgment till I see the full MV.

10. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    I'm so conflicted, I love this aesthetic but not in the SUMMER

ughhhh

I didn't really care if it was a bikini mv or not, but wow it seems way too gloomy for summer...

11. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I loved the concept of the MV but it's wasted on both this song and on lead girls who already have a foot out the door.

12. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    oh my!!! i'm surprised how watching the video makes it a complete different song for me, i love it!!!!

13. Ai Radium

Ai Radium Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I see.. no wonder... it is a patriotic song, about Japan and its people, and all the struggle they had, and important events they met, in order to be the Japan that we all know today

14. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I keep seeing people referencing 365, as if it had ANY impact whatsoever. I've probably heard the song twice, and can't hardly recall it's melody besides the pitchy opening line. It was nothing but a less-good Omoidasenai Hana.

So how are we judging that it "did well" when it wasn't even an a-side?

I'm really hoping this is the final AKB a-side where we see Sayanee filling a big role. It made sense when she was in Team K, but at this point, it's just uncomfortable since she's literally already the center of an entire sister group.

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Tsubasa wa Iranai MV (Short Version)

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Im getting country vibes
    and seem like most of the pv woill be Mayu-Miion-Sayaka

17. penguindash

penguindash Kenkyuusei

Most of it was due to the NHK tiein. It sold more on digital than AKB usually do, it's in the top 10 for karaoke even now while most new AKB songs manage to miss the ranking altogether, the Be My Baby CD jacket had to be rereleased with a different back cover just to make it more obvious that 365 was the b-side. I wouldn't say it was a KFC level hit but it was definitely did better than every other AKB song since.

I think I would like this better if the instrumentation wasn't so tinny and synthesised. If you're gonna do kayoukyoku you should do it properly.

18. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

365 sold a lot digitally

19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I wonder if that fashion-style was actually worn in Japan in the 70s; cause if so that's kind of cute lol. Seems more "country" than "hippie" tbh lol~

But the MV does seem more like a triple-center than a sole-center cause Mayu and Sayaka seem like they'll have their own stories. It'll probably be similar to GIVE ME FIVE. Atsuko was the center, but there was like 4-5 main stories being presented.

20. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Still not sure about the song but I'm really loving the MV. Although I have to agree that a cute happy idolish song would have been better.