Single AKB48 44th [Tsubasa wa Iranai] (2016/06/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I actually like this single mv , well the song is kind, forgettable song but it isn't bad I guess. Maybe they run out an idea for the song,or they trying to pull something speciall but they can't

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Dailymotion link for Tsubasa wa Iranai (short version)

(direct link)

3. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    44th single new DVD content

Type A - Nakanishi Chiyori Busu Series [Ugly's Memories]
    Type B - TBA
    Type C - Tsubasa Wa Iranai PV [Complete Version]
    http://www.kingrecords.co.jp/cs/t/t8053/

And btw, today April 29 is Showa Day!

4. Yamanee

Yamanee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Don't understand why you hate my girl, She have short time in every AKB A-side song and now she have many time but just in Tsubasa Wa Iranai and KnB !

5. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Suddenly, i'm interested in this single.

6. sasshinaction

sasshinaction Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    It's portraying the student protest movement in the 60s and 70s in Japan.

Hopefully the youth of the nation get the inspired and start caring about politics.

7. Zato48

Zato48 Kenkyuusei

You can read post #941 for details. The PV should be reflecting to that period.

8. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I saw a video showing Mayuyu is going to get pushed away badly by her "lover" :<
    Her lover cheated on her or something ?

After listening to the song for like 5 to 4 times , I really enjoyed it!

9. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Yay for DM link. That was such a weird PV... at least I was able to see Oya in the club room though. LOL. The theme kinda reminds me of Utaitai, except that song was amazing.

10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Because there was an epidemic of people going into stores on the day the single was released and being confused when they couldn't find 365 nichi. They ended up releasing a new version of the single with 365 nichi more prominently featured.
    Because its digital sales (i.e. of just 365 nichi) were fantastic for an AKB song, far beyond KnBMB.
    Because it was actually enjoyable to listen to (if maybe a bit slow for my taste).
    Because Sayanee's voice is awesome.
    Because it was actually performed (and requested) on music shows in Japan alongside KnBMB. (If AKS had allowed it, 365 nichi might have been the only song performed.)

If 365 nichi had been the A-side the streak would likely never have been broken.

Well, if you've only heard it twice, I'm not really surprised.

Meanwhile, this song... is not bad, but it's not all that good either. And they really need above average songs right now, in my opinion. Something on the level of BwT (which despite the pontificators did actually do well in Japan, beyond just the election single effect). I'm not too happy that the PV focuses on so few members when there are so many in senbatsu either (getting some Hajimete no Drive and Kibouteki Refrain flashbacks).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  11. kahmshi

kahmshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Wooow, I really really enjoyed the PV preview. Love the style and idea, and a Mion/Sayanee/Mayu/Yukirin front is gold <3
    Once again, I do really like the single, even if I feel like I'm the only one haha.

12. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Preach!!!

13. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I listen to the song 3 times now.. it is average & forgettable.. when kimi wa melody came out, I kind of like it at least. kwm is a cute song.. but this is just bland tbh.
    I will wait for the full mv.. I usually enjoy their mv then maybe i'll like the song more hopefully..
    kind of surprised too that they choose this song to be the summer single..

14. cimeng18

cimeng18 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I think the song is kinda boring and forgettable, but its not really a bad song imo.
    I just disappointed that this is summer single but its not give us the summer vibe at all.

15. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    Excerpt from https://allthingsjpop.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/mv-for-akb48-voting-single-tsubasa-wa-iranai/

"The MV takes us back in time to 1972 when student protests were popular.

The 12 minute drama tells the story of 4 leads who live in the same hostel and go to the same campus – Yamamoto Sayaka (folk singer), Kashiwagi Yuki (volleyball player), Watanabe Mayu (poet) and Mukaichi Mion (documentary filmmaker). Highlights include Watanabe being cheated by a bad guy, Yukirin’s affections for Mion, Yamamoto’s fight with Mion, and a bathing scene of the 4.”

16. thesevendevil

thesevendevil Kenkyuusei

In my opinion the song is OK and MV is OK. Since this is SSK ticket single, this will sold a lot.
    My complain about MV is Mion cannot playing guitar. When Sayane change guitar chord, she still using the same chord.
    MV Director should tell her to randomly change her left finger even if she cant play guitar. This tiny mistake bugging me (Just my opinion though).

17. ABF48

ABF48 Member

ugh pls -,- okay i admit that 365 are such a hit, but creditting all the success to sayanee ? nope -,- the reason of success itself was bc its tied with popular asadora in the first place, even if the center was someone else, the result would still be the same.

the real true hit song is KFC, HR, and Silent Majority.

and for the PV, i dont see anything special on it, and it looks cheap tbh. also i rlly cant stand watching yukirin and sayanee in there -,- and.. miion playing guitar ? ugh, i'm not hating it, but its just look so out of place for me, and imo they just wanted to created this sayanee image in miion, wich imo its failed misreably.

dissapointed at screen time distribution where i only can see jurina for only split second.

but as i stated before, i personally like this song, not much, but still.. and oh~ i hope i can see the accoustic or piano ver of this song :blush:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  18. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    OMG - AKI-P really doesn't care anymore. No really- I'm willing to bet that he's already "made his money" & done all things & obligations he had in the last few years....Now, it doesn't matter. The 2Chan crowd is fawning over the 'Jail-baits' & Fresh Faces of the Newer Teams - Jurina is now (or SUPPOSED TO BE!!) an SKE48 exclusive - Sayanee will rule NMB48 alone - Sasshi will do whatever she does.... Translation= NO BIKINI SINGLE!!! he doesn't even give you a "Summer Song"?

Everything he did this last year (365 days!!- lol) was back-pats for Takamina & paying homage to the "1st Gens" & the 10 yr History. It was NEVER about setting up the New gens- Now, you get AKI-P's ego vid about the 70's? He's not even going to give you a "Summer Song"- No snappy tune. No Bouncy Festival of Fun in the Sun Optimism....NOPE. Again....AKI-P has taken away the BIKINI Wings. You get Protestors & message of "History"....nice.

UNcensored TRUTH
    Imagine the 1st days of June? Where there will be 1,000's of AKB48 cds in the garbage bought ONLY for Hand-shakes & Voting tickets. We all know people are Buying the "Vote Tickets"...the trading pics, ect.... does he have NO Shame? He's been mailing it in for almost a year now...Is he too lazy to release a SUMMER song w/ a Summer vibe? Give me picnics, beaches, festivals, sparklers, water-ice, Summer wear, Summer Dresses?....GOD- this video is depressing!

This man has been yanking my chain for over a year... "K-Refrain"- ehhh, was alright not Amazing- "Green Flash"- Depressing. "BWT"...Not Summer! (bloodshed, Killing, Anger), "Halloween Night" (in August?- even the Video had more people over 50 than IDOLS), "Takamina Ego song" (Killed your Streak, was it worth it?), "Kimi wa Melody"- Was OK- more focus on the Past?....Now this Garbage?

I think it's safe to say- "Sexy does NOT SELL" in AKB48 anymore. It might if you tried - It certainly worked before. Forget that it's NOT "Summer-like", It's a Hokey-Patriotic song- Idol Otaku's, 2chan, & Otaku's in Girls are clearly NOT the audience anymore. They were "good enough" to keep your lights on w/ "AKBingo" & get you attention on TV 2009-2013? but....now- NOPE.

It's the easiest gimmick ever - put the "cute girls" in summer attire (shorts, tank tops, Bikinis, Summer dresses?) have them be perky, cheery, & sing a song - Cash the checks! AKI-P is INTENTIONALLY not doing this (he's the boss- it's his show) which means - he wants either (A) wants a different audience (B) thinks it's Sexist & suddenly AKB48 is not allowed to be "Sexy" (C) He doesn't care what people expect & is now going to TAKE YOUR Money until you WALK AWAY. (D) Takamina or Sasshi have been working him like a hand-puppet & he's been dead since 2014...meaning "Labrador Retriever" was the LAST Intentionally "Sexy" Song...YUP.....That Long ago.

This NEW Era is NEVER going to happen... AKI-P isn't going to "fix Anything"- he'll just keep tinkering or doing his little "ego songs" until the sales become "noticeable"...then he'll throw some "candy" on the ground- like he did w/ Sakura & this time Mion and you'll think he's changed....but NOPE. No More "Uza" or "Beginners" - No More "Heavy Rotation" or "Spring Sounds Good"- He's got your money...even if you flock to the Sister Groups- SAME THING. He still gets paid.

The YouTube RED thing doesn't seem to matter to him or SONY that America can't watch FREELY...and you see how fast YouTube kills a AKB related video from one of us... I think he's made his money back, paid-off some debts, Now DOES NOT CARE!!! I wouldn't be Surprised if Takamina, Sasshi & Shinobu were calling the shots now. Maybe this is because Togasaki is gone?? Weren't a lot of the original idea's his? Without him, who is looking out for that 2Chan - Wota - Otaku - Gravure loving guy who supporting AKB48 before it was "acceptable"?

The problems are DEEPER than Not having a "Bikini Summer Song"- but if you're not even going to "shoot fish in a barrel" 1 single a year- especially during your most "Profitable Single" ALL year by Default (or Gimmick)- You REALLY are going out of your way to snub some fans and for what?

Imagine if the Anime Industry did this for just 2 seasons (6 months) - NOT have the "Fan Service" Harem-Comedy- Ecchi Eroge type shows....The Industry would have a MASSIVE Stroke by the 4th month an 1/3 to 1/2 the audience would either LEAVE or never loyal to certain genre's or studios again. This is why they don't really discourage "Piracy" & Fan Subbing...they know it's FREE publicity than having it just sit on the shelf in Japan.

Korea is exploding in KPOP & they sub it in English for on YouTube....They're even making Super-Girls from Reality shows that collect Chinese, Japanese, & Korean Idol types... Produce 101 & JYP's "Twice" (Sixteen reality show)- are becoming as popular in the West as Anime & Korean/Asian drama's....CHINA is starting Girl group shows.....What is Japan's leader AKB48 doing? (with the Olympics in 4 years)...NOTHING!!!.

Yeah- it was a rant...haven't had to do one in a LONG time....I've already heard a few "regs" murmur other places on the Net that they're kind of "Over AKB".... remember what I said last October- "Water the Flowers or they DIE!" - once they're gone...all the effort you put into them was a waste & all you have are memories. If you're into that.

No Bikini single - No Acchan or Yuko - this is a cruel thing to do to Mion. I barely know the girl but this seems like a really "too little too late" last minute piece of Cake to dump on the girl - Paruru had LESS Pressure!!! I'm sooo Frustrated - This guy AKI-P..... is blowing me off in multiple ways. I've been more than patient. I guess we have different "views" on Where AKB should be heading or going.

I thought he'd be into "Fence mending" w/ his 1st & 2nd wave fans.....NOPE. He's burning the fence & dancing around it like a Jackass w/ too much money. ALL I can do is shake my head & wish my OSHI's well...if I have any left after the Election.

19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

^Tl:dr. Conclusion: Aki-P ,as always, is an a******. Noted. Moving on...

20. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    No human should be this thirsty for a summer song