Single AKB48 44th [Tsubasa wa Iranai] (2016/06/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 21, 2016.

1. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

I smiled the whole live! it was so fun to watch!
    SAYAKA WITH LONG HAIR YESS:cute:

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I ended up liking the choreography - I love when AKB does those folksy dances (Gugutasu no sora is one of my favorite PVs because of that). It's nice that they were able to incorporate the entire large senbatsu into that; even if they didn't get a lot of screentime, it wasn't nothing.

The costumes... they look worse in still shots, for sure. It's a style that was definitely popular in the 60s and 70s with those large print flowers and bold, garish clashing colors. I don't hate it, but I think I'm ready for AKB to come back to the present asap.

So easy to spot Naachan with her hairstyle now :D

3. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I disagree. The outfits they wore for their covers/in PV are good. I wish those are the outfits they would use to perform the song.

The problem with this MS outfits they tried too hard to combine the typical "idol" fashion and the hippie fashion. The result is this abomination. The dance is like Kimi wa melody 2.0.

4. cimeng18

cimeng18 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I like the choreography and yeah maybe its a bit messy but i think its better than KwM choreo :^^;:
    Good thing is the song was growing on me so i really enjoy that performance.
    But the outfits its kinda......:gavel: i don't know i don't really like it, still it fits the song i guess:)

5. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I didn't mind the outfits except for the garish yellow, though the girls in the darkest dresses definitely got the best of it. Screen time distribution was not great, which is to be expected somewhat with so many girls, but even considering that, it didn't really try to catch many of the girls.
    Choreo wasn't bad but I counted at least 4 times where a quick camera change prevented me from seeing if girls ran into each other. They were too crowded and it wasn't really from lack of space. I liked the pairing off and twirling bits, but they should have been a little more spread out. Even passing partners as they were doing, you need a little more room. When passing partners, the girl being passed needs a full step in the middle to move to her next partner and a lot of those pair handoffs seemed to be stunted, it wasn't a smooth, fluid continuous motion as someone would have to check themselves to meet the new partner at the right time instead of running into them. Call it a mix of space and rehearsal constraints.

6. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Total fail of a single, for me :-/ That performance only hammered that into my brain.

7. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I don't like that the insides are yellow for some outfits. Really, the contrast doesn't fit.

The choreography looks fun. The performance could be better though.

Paruru looks like she had fun. From the popping, her moment with Yuihan and the folk-dancing around.

8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

that bench needs to be a bit bigger....5 people looks so awkward sitting on it :^^;:

9. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

I really enjoyed the choreography, and I'm definitely feeling the summer vibes from the song now. It's not the typical idol summer fare with beaches and bikinis, but it's more like a campfire song at summer camp. A nice, simple song everyone can sing together and have fun with. i also really like the red outfits non media senbatsu are wearing - it's so 60's I love it <3

ALSO LONG HAIR SAYANEE I'VE MISSED YOU

10. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    The outfits have this Boku no Taiyou feel for me (for some strange reason) but gaaah Shinobu messed this up.
    The ones in the PV look even better now.

Miion looks like a kindergarten student.
    Happy to see Palulu up and about~ Did you see her piggyback Sakura??!

Screentime and singing parts division weren't great.
    IMO, JuriPalulu should have sang together with KojiSakura so that lower media senbatsu could sing too before the chorus.

Feel bad for lower senbatsu overall. I couldn't spot Mako, Ryoha or Okaepi at all. Shiichan stuck out like a sore thumb though.
    The dance is an improvement from KwM but the formations could have been better and even more folk-y.

Looking forward to the wedding single LMAO!

11. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

I like the choreography! All of the girls look like they were having fun.

12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    The dance is so much better than I was imagining it to be lol~ I'm happy the lower senbatsu gets included somehow, but they definitely feel more like back-up dancers rather than actually being a member of the group lol.

13. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

This one got a choreography but it's more like the "for those that don't know what to do". The bench part was really weird. Why were some standing on top of that? Lmao

What's with the parts though :confused: There's two media Senbatsu members that sang with the rest of the other non-media Senbatsu members. Not only that, it's so unfair for those that unfortunately did not make it into the media Senbatsu (even Naachan and the other person)

I honestly dislike this single. The song is growing on me a bit but the choreography and costume still gets me no matter how much I watch it.

14. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I like the costumes actually :eek: the performance made me like the song finally.
    It was a good idea to give Mion a stand out colour, as often when less popular members are centred in 48G the cameras focus on the more popular members anyway(like Sasshii in hkt) so giving her a different colour help combat that :3

15. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I actually like it, or at least ok with it.

I prefer big senbatsu performance and I remember complaining how we did not get enough 30+ nin performance of BwT last year.

As for the costumes, wow at Mion's outfit. Has there ever been a center who got to wear an outfit that differs that much from the rest? Not complaining, just made me wonder. And while that yellow cloth in the inner sleeves looked off, just wondering, are those only given to "upper upper senbatsu"? If that's the case, whoa, Jurina and Paruru are placed in the "lower upper senbatsu" >__<

16. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Normally, the singing parts give off the positions so yeah, ParuJuri is on the medium-low (but medium-high if it counts everyone) part in terms of the media senbatsu.

So, it's
    •Sasshi-Miion-Mayuyu
    •Yukirin-Sayanee (Why Sayanee before Jurina though xD)
    •Kojiharu-Sakura
    •Annin-Paru-Yuihan-Jurina
    •other media senbatsu members (+some non-media senbatsu members)

Therefore (repeat), JuriParu is considered to be in the lower section of the senbatsu selection.

17. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I think they're giving a bit of a push to Sayanee thanks to the success of the 365 paper airplane song. Well a push/benefiting from it(since non fans are now more likely to recognise her)

18. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I guess they were trying to be experimental or something but AKB really dropped the ball this time. The outfits look super lame. They should of went with the costumes on the cd cover. Yea they fit the theme but the theme was bad imo. I know alot of people don't buy cds for music but this is a whole new level of bad. Akimoto better have a very good song for the ssk single to redeem himself.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They should have gone.

Sorry, grammar patrol here.

But yeah, the outfits are lame and the choreo seens pretty dull.

To be honest, 2016 is not being very good for the 48 family. I haven't been this bored with the group since the Boku no Taiyou/BINGO era.

I hope the election brings some excitement.

20. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Still can't get myself to listen to it the whole way through, I think for me this may become one of the worst a-sides they've ever released. I'm really hoping for a great ssk single. Fun, fast, exciting, ....anything but another slow melodic song.