Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. qadri08

qadri08 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    is there any announcement from members that they'll not participating this ssk?

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Be patient; we will know more by the end of the week. The application period starts on Saturday.

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    From a business standpoint, it looks weird to choose Okinawa. It's a long trip from Tokyo. Also, knowing japanese work culture it's hard to take days off just for this. Or maybe there's special partnership with ANA and Jal for domestic flight? They can't except the same attendance in Okinawa than in Niigata or in Tokyo.

It's time to know if the big shot are participating too. As for myself, i won't buy vote, for the first time. The sousenkyo has failed to renew itself, and it became dull, like Janken. This year has passed so quickly and i have yet to witness big growth on some member, except perhaps team 8 oguri yui and Kurano narumi. I want the 48group to take a different path, more dynamic.

If Sasshi participate once again, it will have a bittersweet taste.

4. messhi

messhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Lot people miss bikini single/maybe miss members perform with bikini's,,now management give u're a beach [hehe]

5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    If they're really doing it on the beach, please leave Naami out of this.

6. 3jinooyatsuwa

3jinooyatsuwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    How cool it would be if every group parted from their hometown city on a boat (since every city is near to the coast) and arrived at the venue just in time for the election announcements?? Kinda the same thing they did last year with the buses that went to Niigata. That would be great promo for STU lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    I was really hoping they would expand senbatsu to a 21nin again

8. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Let's see... for the time being Miichan announced last year she wouldn't enter so I'd be seriously surprised if she changes her opinion, even more so with Kojiharu gone. I'm not sure if I really want her to change her opinion but if she does I'm ready with the goddamn ballots (Naachan will definitely get my support this year if Miichan is true to her words though so no waste there)

Sayanee.... I don't remember much but if she announced last year was her last, It'd be easier for her to change her opinion and I hope she does.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  9. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I see the popular members participating in two ways

1) We all know if sasshi, sayanee, mayu and yukirin participate, they would most likely take up the top 4 places respectively. Asking for them to not participate so that the event will become more interesting is valid, because we know that they're pretty much untouchable. The votes for 3rd place is double the amount of 6th, and the votes for 1st place is more than double the amount of 3rd. Seeing those numbers, it's easy to ask for those members to sit it out, because they know what they can easily win again. However;

2) I always come back to what Mariko said during her election speech in the 4th election. (here is a link to gocchisama's post a few years back with mariko's speech and commentary on it http://gocchisama.tumblr.com/post/47041625132/this-is-marikos-speech-during-the-4th-senbatsu). The new members need to make a path of their own and rise up to the challenge to take the positions that the old members once claimed. I think girls like Sayanee, Sakura and Jurina wouldn't like it if Sasshi, Mayu and Yukirin dropped out and allowed for them to so easily claim the top 3 spots. And girls like Naachan, Tomu and Mion will take pride in the fact that they could beat Miichan and Kojiharu (and Rie and Yuihan for Tomu). Look at how Sakura so boldly declares to dethrone Sasshi even though she and all her fans both know that it's almost impossible to achieve when looking at the numbers. But Sasshi participating is what drives these bold statements from the younger members, it's what makes them want to try harder to rank. So while we as fans might find it boring to see the likes of Sasshi participating again, I would rather see my oshimen (Sayanee) beat out those members, or at least say she came close to doing so.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  10. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    The problem with The Mariko Philosophy is that a lot of people don't think Sasshi won because she's 50%ish more popular than Mayuyu or whatever. There's a malaise that comes from the feeling that she has a few fans with a lot of money to throw at the process, which creates a lack of interest in playing along with it.

I don't know… maybe in the heat of the campaign people will forget about it and play it at face value. But as it is, I see a lot of people not voting.

Edit: I'm not saying that is the case (few fans with too much money). I don't have enough reliable information to take a position either way. I'm just saying I talked with a lot of people who feel this way.

11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^As I said, that's how many of us fans may feel about her participating, but a lot of the girls actually participating, see her participation as a challenge for them to get closer to her level..which we all know is impossible, but the drive to achieve that goal is what keeps girls like jurina, sakura and even mayu (who knows she has beaten her once and can possibly do it again) participating again. I can assure you that if Sasshi doesn't participate, MaYuki wont either.

12. mav48

mav48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kato Rena / Jitoe Nene
    Twitter:
    mav48_
    Why? Why Okinawa? Why such a remote location? (~400 mi from the mainland)

13. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

This I never understood the "XXX should drop out." It's a competition. This is also why I think everyone who's eligible should be automatically entered unless they are graduating. Make this part of their contract. It's more fair and fun

14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Meh, no one should drop out to "give a chance to other girls".... they should only sit out if they don't feel like participating for whatever other reason... graduating, not feeling it, illness, anything else. Sasshi's win against Yuko felt great because with Acchan out either Yuko or Mayuyu were the strongest candidates and Sasshi zoomed way past that like no one's business. It was fun, it was exciting and it changed everything! IF Yuko decided to sit it out to "give another girl a chance" it wouldn't have been nearly as epic.

15. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    2015: Fukuoka (Hakata, home of HKT48)
    2016: Niigata (home of NGT48)

2017: Okinawa??? Why? Hmm...

16. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Yuko didn't win with a 40% margin. (That is, the difference was 40% of Mayu's votes.) Nor did she score 8% of the total votes. 2013 was fun because nobody thought she could win (I just rewatched the AKBINGO pre-senkyo special and of 8 people who know the group well not a one put her above 3rd). This year is unfun because nobody thinks she can lose.

2013 was fun because it was a race between Yuko and Mayu and everybody was interested in which one of them would reign after Acchan, or maybe there will be a huge surprise (snicker) and it will be Yukirin.

This year the conclusion is foregone. Sashihara runs, Sashihara wins, end of story. There is no competition involved; there's a solid wall of people who are willing to spend as much money as it takes, and that's not something the others can beat no matter how much effort they put.

What I'm afraid of, more than fewer votes, is less attention from the media. Why cover it if the results are known in advance? If we make a special about it, what are the guests even going to talk about? The second place?

My hopes are on Sasshi, actually. She's a producer and she's pretty damn clever, so I'm sure she's aware of this and she's trying to think of a solution.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I want Sasshi and Mayu out.

Sure, it's not the same to beat the queen than to win by default, but meh.
    Yuko won by default in 2012 and I doubt it made her feel less deserving.

Plus, with Sasshi and Mayu out, the battle for first would go to Jurina, Sakura, Sayanee and Yukirin (if she enters). Talk about epic.

Just to arrive at the beach on a big boat branded STU.
    Maybe to prove their point of how good it is to host AKB events as well?

I doubt if Sapporo cannot get their own SG, I doubt Okinawa is even in the wishlist.

Didn't she say she was going all in after getting 1st in the Kouhaku SSK?

18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    If this is true, THEN SIGN ME UP FAM :omfg: I'll watch SSK live again even if it kills me!

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    49th is scheduled to be released around August

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

As usual lol

Probably August 30th.