Single AKB48 58th (Ne mo Ha mo Rumor) [2021/09/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, May 23, 2021.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I agree but I'd guess that both management and Japanese fans would much prefer to have physical events if at all possible and maybe they're playing a game of 'wait and see' before making a final decision. (AFAICS SKE48 are only doing online events for their next single release on 9/1.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Mmm, doubt so. Many fanbase still prefer online hanashikai rather than shouting contest with mask on from 2 meters behind plastic sheet, or at best chatting via intercom with mask on. Significant time were wasted just to ask..."eh? Dare?"
    :^^;:

3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    As long as it doesn't end up on Bilibili... :x

4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Imo

Beautifuly arranged songs like placard and jabaja
    Stage48: "ewww sounds weird, I hate it"

Resampled RnB and disco tracks from 20 yrs ago (Rumor)
    Also stage48: "akb is reinventing music, imma Stan a bop yo"

Personally I hope rumor gets the same treatment as jabaja and gets upped in a few months by a Yui Yui centered song about crushing on an older man.

• Creative x 5
    • Disagree x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Placard and Jabaja were shit songs. Anything that is "not shit" is an improvement.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Jabaja was not a bad song per se, I think. It's actually quite fun. But if you give the center position to Naachan, moreover her first single center, everyone is super hyped for something cool/energetic/Naachan-like. And then coming up with something like Jabaja is just doomed to fail x.x
    Rumor is more in line with those expectations, at least for me, and Naachan performs it great. I really liked her facial expressions in the performance (Berin's are super cool, too) :approve:

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    BIYAYAYAYA

I actually don't mind either song and I feel like they both could be reworked into something better, but as they are they're not great. I think some of the dislike may also stem from us wanting top level songs that fit Mayu and Naachan. There was so much excitement over Mayu's first win and Nana's first a side center that neither song was able to meet and that was extra disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Mayu’s only win, you mean? :hehe:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Lololol fair!!! Which makes it even more disappointing Placard is what she got.

Ah well, Anklet was perfect for her and glad Naachan also got a song suited for her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    KnP sounds like a song made for toddlers and kindergartens during mealtime. One of the worst A-side singles of AKB (although I learn to accept it just because it’s Mayuyu’s SSK song)

13. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I was personally ok with KnP but after I listened to it with an increased tempo which was a lot better, the original one sounded too slow. Same with Jabaja.

Also for KnP being Mayu's SSK song, it just leaves a bitter taste that the next single was Kibouteki which was a golden-era level song in my book. That should have been her SSK song.

Back to Rumor, I'm honestly not feeling it that much as well but at least the tempo is good and the choreo is interesting. A good PV will definitely make me go all in on this.

14. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    At first i really didnt like this song at all but its growing on me never had that with a akb song before i either love or hate it

15. welp

welp Next Girls

Since Jabaja was brought up, I realized AKB did release a (dampened) disco song in recent years. The choreo for Jabaja also had disco style fused in, despite simplest moves of disco. Still, waacking was absolutely new to AKB that its fans did not knew the existence of this style.

On the subject of "novelty", what was the target of this song? "Novelty" to AKB's fans or, "novelty" to casual listeners? I assume the latter, this song was meant to give new fresh image to AKB. In this case, is it successful? Did casual listeners feel the novelty? I read the song made AKB trended on Twitter but, who trended it? Wota? Casual viewers? K-pop fans (due to Hitomi)?

By the way, Jabaja must have been a banger had the tempo been accelerated by 130% and the percussion sound been heavier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The answer will come after the release day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. vitoquartz

vitoquartz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oda Erina
    Ok what a ride, reading the thread from the beginning!

Firstly: A lot of people is saying Ne Mo Ha Mo has a different sound from AKB but come with me, listen to HIGH TENSION, then come back to nemohamo.
    Gotta say both songs are gorgeous, tho.

Secondly: As said earlier, Hiichan not being the center is nice, it'd be overkill since she has a hella different... aura(?) that is even amplified by her hair. I'm happy for all of them.

3rdly shoutouts for orin the best gyaru around town ç.ç

• Like Like x 1
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    According to rumors, Rumba has mastered the dance to the point she is now able to teach it to the members who are still a bit late in their learning. :flower:
    Still from these rumors it appears she is very talented at playing the violin :awesome:
    https://twitter.com/uwasaAKB48/status/1422829702499033089

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
  20. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor