Single AKB48 61st single [Doushitemo Kimi ga Suki da] - (2023/04/26)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Feb 27, 2023.

1. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    The MV is out!

I liked all of the different settings, it's very creative. Perhaps I'd have enjoyed the music being a bit more instep with the video. But I can't really complain too much.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 10
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    — What do I do now, director-san?
    — Just stay there.
    — ...
    — Good, good! Give me a zoom out. Perfect. Next!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I selected UK +44 from the drop down and then entered my number both with and without the 0 at the start (since the +44 usually replaces the 0, but some websites still only work if you add the 0 at the start).

I'm considering just uploading images of my excel file lol. I use sums for pretty much everything in there, so it counts everything correctly, but then I make mistakes when re-entering the data manually on here. I don't really want to do it since text is easier to read but it's a bother having to fix everything all the time.

This is what I upload on twitter but it's just not as easy to read:

Physical
    Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 08.43.11.jpg Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 08.43.26.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 08.43.40.jpg Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 08.43.54.jpg

As far as I can see, the only mistake I made in my actual excel file was Mizumin's nearly sold out slots

4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    What I don't understand is why you write a 0. If you select the UK +44 code on the left you don't need to write the code again, only your number. Otherwise you're inserting the code twice.

EDIT: I get it now. I didn't know you had the 0 in UK.

Do you have one with local + online?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  5. rmn89

rmn89 Member

i Loveee the MV. its def old akb aesthetic. theyve been trying that with their songs forawhile. but Music Video wise, this is the first time in a long time they do “school” theme again?. my fave shots in this MV are Mions(running late for a class), Odaeri(calligraphy class) Momoka(fireworks in the rooftop) , Sorara(swimming pool)and Berin (art class model). i love the extracurricular theme. just perfect.

• Like Like x 4
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    It's not exactly an action packed MV. According to the Official Blog the choreographer is Inoue Sakura (of HYBE LABELS JAPAN) who was based in LA for 7 years and who worked with Britney Spears so why not show more of her work in the video?

However I'm much more positive than negative about the MV, it was good to see each member's individual screentime and Sorara's scene on the surface of the pool is very much a stand-out memorable moment. According to the Official Blog it links to her 10 years of swimming experience.

Comment from Hiichan from Modelpress (DeepL translation):
    https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/3666673

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    The MVs don't always have to be action packed. If anything I wish they would be more creative than simply showing them dancing and some cute shots. But to be honest this one didn't do it for me. They're literally just there in slow motion, not doing anything and a few CGI here and there. I'm sorry but I wouldn't call it creative at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I have mixed feelings on the MV. Great idea, but questionable execution.

I think giving each member good screen time is great, not only for us fans but also to showcase the members to people who may not know them.
    The school concept is cute and the sets are pretty, the girls also look great. It's a sweet MV in general.
    I guess I just wish they did more with their screen time. Zooming in while they stay there isn't the best, I wish we had gotten something more dynamic.
    That being said, I did love some sets/shots, namely the ones for Mahopyon, Sorara, Zukky, Yuiyui and Berin. Hiichan's and Miion's were fun too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I love how all the senbatsu members got decent amount of screentime, albeit, too much >_<

Then again, I can imagine the fans of each girl are happy for their oshis. Would have loved something like this back in the golden era.

I feel some of the seconds wasted with the camera to zoom out where you cannot really see the member's face clearly anyway could have been utilized for more dance clips.

Then again, I think they'll also release a dance PV anyway.

Overall, I can't say I hate the PV. There were definitely worse in the past. Hisapuri was better though.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. naninani_7

naninani_7 Kenkyuusei

I was really hoping to like Hisapuri MV but I found some of the dance shots too weird looking

Hopefully we can get a dance version for this new MV though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    MV is really nice, so long time I didn't enjoy any AKB's MV so much. Probably since Sustainable.

But I didn't know that Mogi-chan has started to be the Japanese Walter White :awesome:
    breakingBadJapan.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Moomin

Moomin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Jaokhem
    Mogi seem to work on love potion, while in MV have some easter egg about periodic table.

13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

The MV is nice. The ending in the theater is lovely. No one can complain about screen time. The opening with big close up of Hiichan is pretty creepy to me. I don't know if it's heavy retouch or heavy makeup but, she looks surreal, as if she's a 3D model. A best MV in years.

Since AKB has implied (?) international expansion ambition after distribution deal with UMG. I believe they mean "USA" by saying international. I've been thinking what may the Murrican audience prefers.
    - small size of senbatsu, 7 members max.
    - More polished vocal with mostly solo lines
    - Ridden of high school uniform ish costume.
    - ENGLISH title and lyric with good pronunciation

Unless you talk about tutting, the choreo with many small hand moves is very K-pop. K-pop is developed for TV broadcast so, they pay much interest into small details like wink, brow wiggle, hand gestures etc.

J-pop is more stage performance oriented and idols most of the time perform with hand-held mic. Small hand moves won't work in this condition.

However, what made me link the choreo to K-pop in the first place is the formation, not the hand move.

You nailed it! I remember seeing complaints the Moto Kare choreo did not show members' individuality. However, Moto Kare gave most performing members some seconds to freestyle move. The choreo of HisaLip is fully choreographed and no freestyle at all but, no one complaint about "not showing individuality". It is the same for this choreo yet, again, no one has complaint "no individuality, robotic like K-pop".

Did you just completely ignore how her choreography style now is not the same as how it was years ago?

Japan has world famous choreographer for ages has no correlation to J-pop choreo being completely independent from K-pop. On the other hand, many famous Japanese choreographers have hired by K-pop agencies and done some homework on K-pop choreography. Korea also has multiple world class choreographers yet, J-pop origin of K-pop still is noticeable.

Your comment only revealed how oblivious you are on the topic of choreography.

OK. So, you yourself admittedly noted that J-pop and K-pop do have different fashions of hand movements.

Most of IZ*One's Japanese choreographies were done by Ruu, who was very into tutting. Tutting, originated in USA, is a different style of hand movement to typical K-pop and, yes, it is not very popular in K-pop as the main genre for confusing hand details. (Occasionally, only some tutting moves incorporated into the choreo.) Gokigen Sayonara (and HKT's Where Is Beesan? too) is tutting based. Buenos Aires is another tutting based choreo but much simplified. Tutting may be noticed by perpendicular hand and arm movements and very detailed hand movements. Tutting often is mixed with vogue/waacking as all these genres developed within gay/crossdresser communities in USA.

I don't think K-pop usually has clear idea of their target group either. I believe no one in Starship foresaw IVE to be immensely popular among primary school girls and their parents became main buyers of IVE's goods.

I second this. A prime example is USA, which has become Da Pump's signature while the move was just a copy of existing popular "hammer dance".

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Sorry I only know European phone number formats, and they all start with 0 and then another digit that's the same for the whole country. UK is 07, Germany is 01. For European numbers, the 0 gets replaced by the country code, so it ends up being +447 for UK and +491 for Germany. Sometimes websites want you to replace the 0 with the country code, sometimes they want it additionally.

This is what I have for combined sales:

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 17.11.00.jpg Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 17.11.07.jpg Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 17.11.16.jpg Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 17.11.23.jpg Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 17.11.33.jpg Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 17.13.20.jpg

_____

As for the music video, I personally quite like it. I agree that it feels very slow paced in some areas and it's just zooming in on the girls, but I think they did a nice job of showing a different activity/club for every member and some of them even relate to the member's personal skills/interests, such as Berin's artistic quality.

I hope we will get a full on dance video cause the last chorus was my favourite part of the video! The choreo looks so good and crisp, it's really enjoyable to watch!

• Like Like x 1
  16. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    ^ I think there will be a dance version. I've not seen it confirmed anywhere, but when Berin posted about the senbatsu announcement she's wearing a costume that wasn't in the MV.

(Tweet Here)

• Like Like x 3
  17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That's from the teaser iirc, but it does make me hopeful!

• Like Like x 2
  18. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    Ah! You're right. Let's hope so either way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I like the song, classic and catchy but I'm not sure if it can leave a big impact. (Something "Heavy Rotation" excelled at)
    I'm not too much into Hiichan's voice, but high pitch isn't my thing, I'm more into power.

As for the MV, well mixed feelings.
    It's cute, well done, screen time is well shared among the members
    Just It doesn't looks connected to the song, even in the part where they are singing. We have a relatively fast rythm, but the movie comes with low dynamic. It doesn't blend well together.
    From the pre promo, Universal leaked some great expectations, just these are shy so far, as if they don't want to take many risks.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Hii-chan's voice sounds like Sashi's. Her solo part mostly sounds like Sashi's solo part in Jiwaru days.[hehe]
    Hard to say that this is compliment for Hii-chan [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2