Album AKB48 6th Album [Koko ga Rhodes da, koko de tobe!] 2015/01/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by penguindash, Nov 3, 2014.

1. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Of course it's a bit sad to see these sales numbers but as a fan I'm really satisfied with the album. Expect the solo of Mayu and Birth I love all songs of this album.
    The whole concept (album covers and style, name and so on) is much better than their last Tsugi no Ashiato.
    I'm just sad to get as bonus poster Ikoma (I always order my CD's from CDJapan)...:^^;:

2. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    I think that might be why I haven't pulled the trigger on buying the album yet. As easy as it would be to just get it off CDJapan right now, I kind of don't want an Ikoma poster. I have nothing against her or anything, but do I want to stick a huge picture of her face on my wall? No . . .

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Day 7 Sales
    ------------------------------------------
    Day 1 Sales: 693,047
    Day 2 Sales: 17,363 (710,410)
    Day 3 Sales: 9,868 (720,278)
    Day 4 Sales: 7,096 (727,374)
    Day 5 Sales: 7,255 (734,656)
    Day 6 Sales: 7,433 (742,089)

2nd Week
    Day 1 (Day 7 Sales): 2,776 (744,865)

Soundscan Numbers
    Type A (Limited Edition): 69,697
    Type B: 22,974
    Type A (Standard Edition): 7,558

Soundscan Numbers: 100,229

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  4. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

There's no such thing as Day 7 sales. 2776 is 2nd week 1st day sales, and will be counted in next week's number.

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

That I didn't know. Edited it.

6. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Are there any incentives to buy the regular ed. instead of theater ed. for Japanese fans? Aside from the songs/PVs, I mean, cause 100k isn't bad at all? (Or is it actually mediocre results lol; my knowledge of the Japanese music scene isn't the best)

7. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Soundscan compared to previous albums (first week only)

Tsugi no Ashiato 174k
    1830m 292k
    Koko ni Ita Koto 378k

Nogizaka46's 1st album 111k

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Week 1 Sales (Actual)
    ------------------------------------
    Week 1 Sales: 746,717

9. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

You can go to a shop and buy it. Theater versions have to be preordered and are delivered to your home.

10. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Eight Team B members, Yukirin, Mayuyu, Akicha, Mocchi, Shiichan, Machun, Tanamin and Miyumiyu, will make advertise for the album at Nicovideo today or tomorrow depending on where you live. http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv207043674
    Maybe it's too late to bring hay when the cow is dead but it can't hurt. [hehe]

11. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    That, and the planning of the events. Having an event when people are going on holiday? Not such a great idea...

12. trxsh

trxsh Member

Isn't this what they're kind of going for though? I mean obviously being #1 for 6 weeks or whatever is better but I would think the amount of gimmicks they have is to ensure a high number for first week/first day. That's what fans get hung up about anyway, for example even though SKE MtW ended up outselling NMB TnR, people fixate on the first week result.
    Thanks for clarifying a bit before official translation is out :D that's the kind of vibe I got from the smattering of japanese I understand lol it just came off as a very old school idol style which I think is so cute for Sakura, she's such a star. Forever confused by the conclusions oshipinups comes up with ("I cant understand the lyrics but here is my criticism of the lyrics")
    its actually "Fall Out Boy" as in 3 words :D it doesn't matter at all and everyone can say fallout boy all they want it's just the middle school me who was their fan cringed a bit over that [hehe]

13. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

well with a title like kanojo, the first think everyone is gonna think about is Girlfriend. that itself is enough waifu-baiting albeit the twit in the lyrics is somewht clever. for the record i was never criticising the lyrics cause i never read the lyrics itself, just judging by the title. doesn't change the fact that the song is way out of Sakura's range and autotuned to hell and back.

14. trxsh

trxsh Member

@mysoshipinups I agree but I don't think it has to do with the auto tune being badly done as other people have suggested, I think she is simply a horrible singer (the karaoke episode of odekake a while back, is forever burned into my memory, she might have been joking but I doubt it) and this was the best they could do when management demands she have a solo lol.
    (Again in case anyone takes this to be me bashing her, I really don't mean to I think she's a good idol)

15. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Sakuratan is a horrible singer, which autotune tune is supposed to fix. Hence "auto tune", as in automatic tuning. It is supposed to make anyone sound pitch perfect. Sakuratan sounds fine on all of the other songs she has done. Hell they even got it right for Soredemo Suki da yo, a "live" performance. No, the production team that worked on Kanonojo really dropped the ball on that song. They did TOO much, plain and simple. Hopefully they work on it some more to fix they're mistakes before she ever performs it.

16. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

she performed it at RH, with some of HKT's KKS as backdancers. I wonder how that sounded. I could imagine that the terrible auto-tune sound was somewhat softened by the different kind of acoustics you have at a concert venue.

17. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Ai no Sonzai

if the video does not show watch the video here

18. trxsh

trxsh Member

Well sure! My opinion on the auto tune not being so bad is probably being coloured by the fact that I'm just a lot less offended by the song overall than others seem to be. For an idol song it turned out cute and I just like it. And to be fair, kanojo is a more difficult song than soredemo so there's more room for even more awfulness. :awesome:

19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I have said before, if not for the bad audio work, the song would be a good song. That is why I hope the fixed it for performances. I want to see the song shine as it should have.:) And besides, I quite love Sakuratan and want to see her do good. Even though I am a Haruppi oshi.:D

20. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Well i think we will see if they fix the autotune next request hour or if we are lucky HKT zenkoku tour