AKB48 Member of the Year 2009 - RESULTS!

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by Naomi, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minna no uta

minna no uta Kenkyuusei

^
    ^I'd say it's more like

Acchan: It was probably due to what she said on AKBingo, about not knowing all the members and having the best acting skills (even if she admitted later she didn't), people were kinda offended by that.
    Jurina: People being sick of seeing her pushed so hard (?)
    Oku: Because she almost never smiles, and her performance stamina is really bad. For us foreigners, her looks don't represent a problem, but her lack of emotion is.
    Kana: She looks bored sometimes in shows. I also remember reading that she wasn't very receptive with people in Paris (?)
    Komori: Well, she killed Kataomoi no Taikakusen xD, and I bet she will be on the DVD even if her dancing skills aren't appropiate. And the fact that she was picked for a single over more popular and established AKB members annoyed everyone.
    Kikuchi: I guess they are still offended by the scandal?? This I don't get.
    Amina: Her voice? WTF. There's people who really hate her just because of that. Then it comes the looks. Too bad because she is a great performer and she really loves the group.

Now, I have to say the results were surprising. I'm sad that people voted down lots of middle popular members, which they probably don't know anything about other than their looks, or voices (like Chris, and Misato. WTF with that). Downs on frontgirls are to be expected, but those girls are barely exposed. Werd.

But I want to thank to all the people on both forums who voted for Meetan!!!! I can't believe she made it to #10 (#8 on Nihongogo), and only two negatives!!! :omg: Sayaka at #3, and votes for Mikipomu and Cindy were unexpected aswell. Thank you very much for that. And the ones who voted for Misato and Mariya, you two, thanks XD

My ranking was
    01. Ohori Megumi
    02. Akimoto Sayaka
    03. Suzuki Mariya
    04. Nonaka Misato
    05. Sato Amina
    06. Saotome Miki
    07. Shinkai Rina
    08. Urano Kazumi
    09. Matsushita Yui
    10. Nachu

2. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I think the negative votes on the un-popular girls are just because some people ranked all of the girls and then took their least favorites to give the down votes.

I'm happy to say I didn't use any of my negative votes!

3. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

Ignoring all the comments about Acchan and throwing them in the nearest garbage since they're useless...

Ayarin T.T she's not on the top for me but certainly high enough where I never expected to see her getting ranked here....Well, she's a kenkyuusei now...
    C'mon, Kazue deserves much better than this. I know she couldn't beat Ex-AKB members, but I'm glad she got the 5th spot in SDN
    I guess 48 is good considering her competitors, I'll double vote for her next year [think]
    bleh...Rumi should be at the very least in the top 15!!!
    I'm glad she's still here, she deserves the Top 10 :cry: But she made it into the top for the SKE graduates, not that there was anyone to beat her to it T.T
    AGH! This was so expected, Rina needs some time to be popular, I'll wait for next year...
    and for the -19, I'm kinda really feeling like dumping someone's head somewhere...
    Yuimin got better than Rina? I'm happy, somehow...
    OMG HOW COME?? Acchan couldn't even get to the top 10??? Now I'm totally hating this year's ranking [worried]
    At least CinDy is still where she belongs
    and Sashhi's cuteness made her 8...

This year's ranking is completely messed up or is it only me since Acchan, Chikariina and Tsukkiina all lost their spots?? I guess there are so many girls now that I'm thankful my favorites could be in the rankings at all.
    There were really so many others to vote for that I forgot my favorite RS, Yurie couldn't even make it to the Overall....

Congratulations for Yuko though, she will always be in my Top list

Oh yeah and so suddenly Stage48 became "the sewer of Western fandom" but has in the same time just become the International AKB48 English forum for all AKB fans in the world on Wikipedia...How strange do things turn out, this year's ranking seems to have made us so famous....

4. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't vote her down like I did last year. :D

Ironically, she was in the top 10 for a while early on, then everyone started giving her negative points and she fell dramatically. =/ Not sure why anyone dislikes her, though.

Anyway, here are my votes:

Favorites
    01. Matsubara Natsumi (+15)
    02. Oshima Yuko (+10)
    03. Akimoto Sayaka (+8)
    04. Nito Moeno (+7)
    05. Miyazawa Sae (+6)
    06. Sashihara Rino (+5)
    07. Takahashi Minami (+4)
    08. Kashiwagi Yuki (+3)
    09. Matsui Sakiko (+2)
    10. Fujimoto Sara (+1)

Least Favorites *dodges flying objects*
    01. Kojima Haruna (-5)
    02. Komori Mika (-4)
    03. Itano Tomomi (-3)
    04. Maeda Atsuko (-2)
    05. Oku Manami (-1)

To be honest, I don't even dislike Atsuko, so I'm not sure why I put her there. XD I'd probably replace her with Jurina, but oh well.

My rankings have changed a bit, so if I were to vote now, it'd probably look like this: (Putting it in a spoiler just because)

01. Matsubara Natsumi (+15)
    02. Oshima Yuko (+10)
    03. Akimoto Sayaka (+8)
    04. Nito Moeno (+7)
    05. Miyazawa Sae (+6)
    06. Sashihara Rino (+5)
    07. Matsui Sakiko (+4)
    08. Takahashi Minami (+3)
    09. Imai Yurie (+2)
    10. Matsui Rena (+1)

I don't mind that much, though, because Sara really needed the points. :3

5. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I do not understand this title of "the sewer of Western fandom." Care to elaborate?

To be fair, I added S48 on Wikipedia, as stated somewhere else in the forum. If Gogo gets to be on Wiki, I see no reason for us to be, as well.

6. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

On 2ch someone stated that "NIHONGOGO IS THE SEWER OF WESTERN FANDOM", then someone said "NO!!! NOT NIHONGOGO STAGE48 IS THE SEWER OF WESTERN FANDOM!!!"
    http://hideyoshi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/akb/1263789310/

I think that is what he meant by that.

7. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

I think someone here started that by saying that gogo is the sewer of Western fandom, and that was put up as a response. I hope that answered you question.

[off-topic]
    Also, I actually noticed gogo being on the wiki a few days after it was added, but then later Malachite brought to my attention this certain wikipedian who was deleting AKB member articles (which were admittedly a little messy) with the reason that they are NON-NOTABLE, and also making edits to the group's wikipage. I checked again and gogo's still on there, so I have no idea how he missed that. Fan sites aren't supposed to advertise on wiki like that, and I remember S48 was on for a short time somewhere in 07, too. I wonder how long it will last. Malachite has already reverted the deletion of Yukirin's page, cleaned up and added references, and plans to do it for the rest of the members in the near future, and maybe even start a Wikiproject for AKB (Hello! Project has one, but it's really mostly inactive now). I suspect one of the main reason newbies find it hard to get into AKB is the lack of a good English wiki page (look at the Japanese one, it's at least a real resource). Anyone who's interested in helping out should probably talk to him. Then again this deleting of the pages was what brought the poor content of the English wiki pages to Malachite's attention, so we should probably thank the guy. From his talk page response it seems he just doesn't really understand the group well enough. Good thing Malachite's here now.

Edit: ^Haha beat me to it.

8. Shokora

Shokora Kenkyuusei

People seem to be taking the ranking too seriously. I don't know if someone people are serious if they're just joking. [wonder]
    It's only a representation of what the regular visitors to both forums (with a few double accounts, or people who may have voted twice or voted on both boards) think. It's not what the whole fandom thinks as the most popular and surely not the entire overseas fandom either.

The only thing I'd like to point is to people to think like this:
    'Ohh teh noes!! Someone doesn't like my favorite person. I haet yuo!' :asdfgh: :explode:

How do you think fan of Maachan, Kana and Mikapon feel?? They got so many negative votes. Not to mention that I'm the only person who even voted for Krisu, while several people voted against her, but I'm not getting angry and posting things, 'OMG you all suck! blah blah blah'. It just means I get her all to myself <3

People are just blowing this all out of proportion and acting like this is some kind of special moment that has any kind of weight on the future of said girls.

Plus being popular comes with many disadvantages. For example, imagine there's an AKB Karaoke party with 94 people and 80 of those people spend the entire night fighting for Yuko's attention while 14 people spend the night with their favorite girl. Who is going to have a better time at the party? The person who gets his favorite to himself, or with a small group of people or the large crowd who all have to compete with each other for the popular front girl who is so used to the attention and compliments that she wont even notice or remember them.

ahhh, that turned out to be a bigger rant then I intended it to be :^^;: :^^;: :^^;:

tl;dr 5 people like Chocolate Cake, 2 people don't. Guess what happens to the 3 people who do like it ... They get it all to themselves. :chuffed:

9. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

It's the perfect answer :inlove: :inlove:

10. Naomi

I think some people are joking, but maybe the others are serious, who knows? As for me, I already know who voted against my favorites and I have no problem with it. I'm mainly just curious as to why they don't like them, because it'd be interesting to know. =)

11. Korewahondes

Korewahondes Kenkyuusei

This answer really convinces me, that's exactly how I explain that people love her so much (I wouldn't have said "funniest" but very funny and energetic btw). But when I look at pictures when she's with Haruna, Acchan and Tomo, I must say that first I look at Tomo & Acchan, then at Haruna and afterwards, if I notice there is someone else on the picture, I look at Yuko (yes, I caricature a bit).

My ranking, as everybody seems to post his/her :

Favorites
    01. Itano Tomomi (+15)
    02. Maeda Atsuko (+10)
    03. Oshima Mai (+8)
    04. Watanabe Mayu (+7)
    05. Kojima Haruna (+6)
    06. Matsui Jurina (+5)
    07. Takahashi Minami (+4)
    08. Kashiwagi Yuki (+3)
    09. Minegishi Minami (+2)
    10. Miyazaki Miho (+1)

Least Favorites
    01. Oku Manami (-5)
    02. Nakatsuka Tomomi (-4)
    03. Nakaya Sayaka (-3)
    04. Matsubara Natsumi (-2)
    05. Kawazaki Nozomi (-1)

12. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

Gawd, you're worse than Kana. 5 people like chocolate cake, 2 people don't. That's 7 people. I'm down-voting you! :lol:

I knew people would vote against some of my many favourites, and I really have no issues with that. To each his own right? But c'mon, who seriously down-votes Yuka? WHAT COULD BE YOUR REASON?! This I must know.

13. Naomi

I think he means two out of the five people. :p

14. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

Still doesn't quite make sense. "5 people like it, 2 of the 5 don't." Are they lying?

[on-topic]
    Who did it? :confused:

15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I'm with Xyish on this i'm not really upset on the some of my favorites of who was voted down, i do want to know who would.

16. Naomi

^ I can give you the list on who voted against who, but I'm not sure if the people who voted against them would like that. :lol:

17. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

Here my vote since others was posting theirs
    Favorites
    01. Itano Tomomi (+15)
    02. Kasai Tomomi(+10)
    03. Ohori Megumi (+8)
    04. Ooya Shizuka (+7)
    05. Minegishi Minami (+6)
    06. Oshima Yuko (+5)
    07. Watanabe Mayu (+4)
    08. Kobayashi Kana (+3)
    09.Akimoto Sayaka (+2)
    10. Takajo Aki (+1)

I also want to know why others dislikes certain members, I'm not really upset about it just curious as to why. I could understand why the front girls got negative points but why the least popular members though.

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    As far as negative votes go, it made me feel bad to see some girls getting so many negative points, especially girls like Chris...and Reiko from SDN. That said, these were my votes...

Favorites
    01. Ohori Megumi (+15)
    02. Iwasa Misaki (+10)
    03. Hatakeyama Chisaki (+8)
    04. Nito Moeno (+7)
    05. Tanabe Miku (+6)
    06. Urano Kazumi (+5)
    07. Matsui Rena (+4)
    08. Ishida Haruka (+3)
    09. Nachu (+2)
    10. Katayama Haruka (+1)

Least Favorites
    01. Oku Manami (-5)
    02. Itano Tomomi (-4)
    03. Shinoda Mariko (-3)
    04. Fujimoto Sara (-2)
    05. Hirajima Natsumi (-1)

I hear people wanting explanations, so I will explain my opinion. I am obviously not alone in my criticism of Maachan. But she just doesn't come across as idol-like to me. Maybe she started too young, but I don't see her enthusiasm in the singing or dancing department. I just don't get her as an idol. As far as Itano, when I first started liking AKB I came across quite a few rabid Tomochin fans. But honestly I never understood what all the fuss was about. I found other members cuter and much more exciting to watch, so I guess that vote was a reaction to not understanding her immense popularity. Similar to my feelings about Mariko. Although I really do think Mariko is an exceptional performer. I am just not drawn to her, not sure why. Then there is Sara. Quite simply, I have seen her perform live more than once, and I wasn't impressed with her stage performance at all. She seemed overwhelmed by her surroundings. Maybe she will be "new and improved" in 9th gen. Those were the only four I had any negative experience of at all, but I needed a 5th person. Not sure why I selected Nacchan. I don't dislike her. In fact, I don't dislike any of them. Sorry Nacchan :cry: Now I will wait for Tokkaiko to beat me up! [box]

19. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

Yea, and it's a she.

20. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Since people are showing their votes...

Favorites
    01. Saeki Mika (+15)
    02. Nakanishi Yuka (+10)
    03. Katayama Haruka (+8)
    04. Saotome Miki (+7)
    05. Urano Kazumi (+6)
    06. Tanabe Miku (+5)
    07. Hirata Rikako (+4)
    08. Yonezawa Rumi (+3)
    09. Shinkai Rina (+2)
    10. Takahashi Minami (+1)

Least Favorites
    01. Maeda Atsuko (-5) <- The thing that annoys me the most is that she doesn't smile in concerts. She gets all the camera time and doesn't even appear to care, compared to girls like Takamina and Jurina who are busting their butts to perform well.
    02. Sashihara Rino (-4) <- one of the front girls of team B, but I just don't get it at all.
    03. Nito Moeno (-3) <- as above.
    04. Matsui Jurina (-2) <- purely voted because she is pushed in our faces (eg that concert DVD cover..!). I actually like her, and have a lot of respect for her. If she wasn't forced upon AKB singles I wouldn't vote for her here.
    05. Matsui Rena (-1) <- as above, to a lesser extent. Definitely wouldn't vote for her if she wasn't in AKB singles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.