Event / Concert AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Oct 27, 2013.

1. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    After seeing all the revival stages announced, one thing has become solidified in my mind. "Mokugekisha" (A6) is the worst stage ever. It is the only stage that has never been revived. Also, notice how they almost NEVER perform songs from that stage in concert.

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I love A6. I think they won't revive it because of Itoshisa no Accel honestly. I think that while it's such an iconic song to the iconic leader, they don't want any other notable girl doing it regularly.
    Maybe that's a wrong/stupid/biased way of looking at it, since B5 has been passed around and Yukirin's iconic song has been given to others, but she's not quite as much of a figurehead.

I don't know about A6's popularity (it's probably not what anyone would consider a 'kami-stage'), but it has a lot of good and meaningful songs. Just check the translations for Inochi no Imi, Mokugekisha, and I'm crying. They're all superb.

I also think it's really weird that A6 doesn't get revived, but I think there must be a reason for it beyond 'it's not very good'. Because 'it's not very good' is wholly a matter of opinion, it could be said by anyone about any stage. Himawarigumi-2 also hasn't been revived for some reason, though. Perhaps Aki-P has some grand plan for them, or is saving them for a just in case scenario (though I can't think what that would be. Giving a brand new group some extra hype?).

3. holcroft

holcroft Kenkyuusei

well, H2nd is also never been revived as of today.
    maybe both of them was a stage that no other than the original line-up can do right?

then again, mokugekisha only has so few memorable songs..
    but pioneer, zutto zutto, enjou rosen, is a staple of concerts iirc.

edit: i know abt the g-rosso revival :))
    but what i mean is, a proper revival by another team (iirc matsui E almost going to do this setlist but it was outvoted by H1 -_-)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  5. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    I think the problem with A6 is that like A2, it is very focused on a select group of members. It was really the Acchan, Sasshi, Akicha, Takamina, Kojiharu, and Mariko show. The units did nothing for the other girls. I mean, being a backup singer in Saboten to Gold Rush is hardly a flattering position :/

Right now, AKB can't afford to be focusing on just the Top 6 members. They're really trying to build up the newer girls and make them all more recognized in the public eye. But its hard to be recognized if you're stuck singing backup for Kojiharu (war flashbacks to Wasamin's days in Team A)

That's why I think A5 is a much better choice. Heart Gata Virus and Renai Kinshi Jourei give good focus to all 3 members in the unit. The other songs do a decent job as well.

6. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    For me A6 is the best. It's a powerful stage with powerful songs and powerful lyrics made for powerful members. It's hard for other members to give full justice of it. A6 is a grownup stage in opposite to most other stages that are stuck up in the schoolgirls swamp.

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If Puffin wasn't in it you probably wouldn't think that.

8. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

I mean isn't B5 basically the yukirin/mayuyu/rie (with a side of tomomi) show? and that stage gets revived plenty. I agree that A6 isn't that memorable or iconic (minus a few songs) but still, it would bring some much needed variety. there's no reason for two teams to perform K6. I REALLY want team 4 or either team from HKT to do H2, it would be so iconic

9. moonlit

moonlit Member

^agreed, I was thinking that too! It would be better than just having 2 Teams perform the same stage at the same time Q_Q

10. Muni

Muni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I like to think that team M and team K peforming the same stage, SKE doing revivals of the stages they peformed for so long and Team H doing such an overused stage is the management trying to tell us: "Ugh, just chill guys, the new stages are coming. Geez, relax. Here, take some revivals stages instead of a bunch of waiting stages".

But, as I said, I LIKE to think that. Because I honestly gave up on hoping that they won't delay (again) the so called "new stages"... :/

11. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

i dont think that way,
    if thats the true, then no way "B oshi" can get #5 in RH2011 with yuki-mayu-rie-tomomi has their own previous unit that ranked too.

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

A6 is the best stage ever and that's it. :hehe:
    I was hoping the new Team 4 would get H2, since the original 4 did H1... but oh, well.

As for Seijun Philosophy getting 1st, I take as a statement from the fans. We love this team, you better not disband it, Aki-P!
    It got shuffled anyway, but the team stayed. And I gotta say... the new Team 4 post-shuffle looks even more powerful to me: Renacchi, Miyupon, Nagisa, Marina, Nana, Yuria... it's gonna be great. :^O^:

13. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Team KIV is doing K2nd, which only has 3 units, one of which is a huge group one with hardly any solo lines (Ame no Doubutsuen). A few girls don't even get a unit period in that stage. If there's any stage that shouldn't be revived by a non-KKS team, it's that one.

I think there are two real problems with A6
    1. Lack of memorable songs. Again, hardly anything from that stage ever gets performed in concerts
    2. It's kind of...dreary. The opening song sets the tone, and while I don't deny that there are some lighthearted songs (I know people are going to be all "What about Akogare no Pop Star??"), the overall feel of that stage is somehow really heavy, and not in a "dark and cool way". It may be "adult-like", but it doesn't appeal to the fans much.

14. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ Actually it's team H that will do K2nd, much to most of team H supporters' chagrin (including me).

Well we surely know who'll get Yuuko's spot in Team H. Meru. :hehe:

15. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
  16. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    I can't see how this is a prediction. since you linked to this post
    Anw, I love the song and it's great that it ranks high, no, BOTH rank (pretty) high :1st:

17. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

18. d2K18VPcOA

d2K18VPcOA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    Give me 5 @ #223
    List is fake if that is anywhere on it

19. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    Why is it fake just because it is on there? It didn't rank in top 200 so..?

There is really a lot of awesome songs in 201-300 I would have loved to see be performed but.. That's what you get when you don't vote I guess :^^;:

20. suwidering

suwidering Kenkyuusei

it was announced at handshake event last weekend. The song was played based on the countdown of the rank during the event. I saw some reports, but the list somehow wasn't fully reported.