Event / Concert AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Oct 27, 2013.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014
    Announced just now at a handshake event and confirmed by Yuasa on Google+, the traditional Request Hour has been expanded to 200 songs, so that "2" is not a mistake!

Dates:
    Tokyo Dome City Hall
    - #200-176: January 23rd, 2014 (Thursday)
    - #175-151: January 24th, 2014 (Friday)
    - #150-126: January 25th, 2014 (Saturday)
    - #125-101: January 26th, 2014 (Sunday)

Saitama Super Arena
    - #100-001: April 6th, 2014 (Sunday)

Yes, they're performing 100 songs in a day, I have no idea how it'll work, but they're doing it.

2. lilypie

lilypie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Oh mai goodness...

Excited about expanding the list (but I guess that's just more excuse to give the sister songs to cram in and take up AKB song space ;__; ) but also a chance for some of the old AKB songs to make a reappearance.

Is the management crazy!? 100 songs in a day!?....Okay wow. Overworking the girls....

3. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I think the 100 in one day will be a great opportunity for the unpopular girls to perform more.
    Did they mention where voting tickets will be available?

4. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    The voting will be via:

1. 34th single voting card (regular, limited, and theater editions)
    2. Twin Pillars FC
    3. AKB48/SKE48/NMB48/HKT48 Mobile FC
    4. AKB48 Smartphone FC
    5. AKB48/SKE48/NMB48/HKT48 Live on Demand
    6. AKB48 Official Net

I don't think it's going to be that rough of a concert. If they pre-announce that any non-group songs will be shuffles, they can easily arrange so no member does more than 10-15 songs. I watched SKE48 do 31 songs in a row without an MC back in April, so it can be done with very little stress on the members.

More than likely - unless they put in an intermission or split the Top 100 into two concerts that day, the fans will be more worn out than the members.

5. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    34th single eh, well we're expecting it anyway.

With the massive number of members that 48 groups have,
    I'm not really concern whether they can pull of 100 songs a day or not.
    They can always use some other members to substitute for the original members.

It would be a huge strain on the fans.
    How the hell are you going to attend the whole event?
    100 songs would probably took up to 8 hours+.

What really concern me is that there's 3 months gap between the 2 concert.
    Like seriously?
    So what was suppose to be next year "Rinji Soukai" would probably replaced by this Top 100 songs festival.
    I guess AKB48 wants to concentrate on their new original stage in that time frame?

Frankly, I'm more interested in Request Hour 2015,
    when every teams got their own new original stage.

6. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

I don't like this set up. SKE and NMB have enough songs for at least a top 50 of their own, so only HKT should be able to be thrown in (after their new stage they'd be close to 50 right?)
    I get it, mothership means everyone is incorporated, but for events like these when other groups have their own chance, its less chance for AKB.
    Its great there are more songs (I wanna see Majisuka again!) but theres also the chance thats gonna be filled up with sister group songs.

I also don't like the set up. Why such a long wait? Two and a bit months... I feel like the excitement would have worn off. 100 songs in a concert isn't my cup of tea - less chance of announcements and MCs (which can be quite good providing they aren't spammed). Any word on if its a day/night split? Sure, it may be less exhausting for the girls if they are shuffled, but if they aren't, that could be incredibly exhausting. It'll be tiring for fans either way. The wait also means longer to wait for the DVD release.

And as much as I love graduated-member songs, I don't want another Omoide/Yume no Kawa where the main member is missing. But hey, maybe thats just me.

7. 48GGMU

48GGMU Kenkyuusei

AKS sure know how to keep attention. :) They always have news. :) But this news just made my day. :) I really missed old stage songs that rarely make to top #100. For example Kinjirareta Futari, OshiMeshi, Sakura no hanabiratachi, Tomo yo, Sasae and Boku to juliet to jet coaster. Those old song ranked within top #200 last year. For the schedule, how about unit matsuri? Gawd, 100 song in one day is too much i think. Better if the management spit it to 2 days i think. Tbh, listening (and watching) 100 song in a row is kinda hard for me.

8. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I like it. :)

It will be like getting one Request Hour in January, and then another, super crazy more intense one in April.

Plus I've waited a while to see some old songs played again... I kind of have high hopes for this. :awesome:

9. 3Liger2000

3Liger2000 Kenkyuusei

i think new team 4 song that "philosophy" thing will be no.1 , since they dont have anyother song to votes and if michan fans didnt votes her unit song.

10. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    100 songs a day?Sounds good!Looks like another excuse for me to sit in front of the computer and watch the live screening on Youtube for a few hours. :D
    Hopefully more stage songs will make it onto the list!Also,are subunit songs going to be included this time?

11. Kamen Knight

Kamen Knight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I'm blown away. Still can't imagine how they make 100 songs fit in one day. :^^;: If we assume that a song's duration is 4 minutes, than the concert will be about 6-7 hours long. And that hasn't added the duration for MC. This year's Request Hour is really intimidating.

12. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Sasae has ranked in the top 100 every year it's been up for nomination.

King Records site has the information on eligible songs. Only AKB48/SKE48/NMB48/HKT48/SDN48 group songs are eligible. Unit and solo songs are not eligible for Request Hour (similar to the previous two years)

13. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    ^ Ah,that's a pity,but I'm thrilled that older stage songs can come back! [clap]
    I hope that the girls can survive performing for that long :D

@Kamen Knight:Don't they normally perfom the shorter versions of the songs in Request Hour?(except for the top few)

14. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    100 songs in one day is a bit much, but maybe it will give some of the less popular girls a chance to perform :D

Sounds like we all got the same opinion pretty much, sounds like too many songs but we are still excited.

15. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

I'm thinking the same. By having 100 songs in one day, it gives less popular members more chance, so they're not just sat on the stage for most of it

And they might split up the concert if it's going to be that long! Like they did with Nissan and Sousenkyo

16. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

100 in a day?! It'll fly by for all of the members because they're going through the hectic schedule of running around, changing, performing, etc.

It'll be torture for the audience. I hope they build in like 3 or 4 intermissions. Would suck for them if they went straight through for 6 hours or so without a break. But, of course, people here are the masters of 我慢.

17. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    I guess we can expect super long MCs then,so that everyone has time to eat/rest/go to the toilet :D

18. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    I will buy the single with Jurina center (my first single of AKB48, btw), and I will vote for my beloved 15th generation! "Kimi no Hitomi wa Planetarium".

Thanks Aki-P for 200 songs [clap] [clap] More perfomances for my girls www

19. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
    I'm a bit iffy on the 100 songs in one ago. Hopefully, there will be intermissions. But I hope they don't sacrifice MC time just so that they can fit all the songs in one day. Also, not very happy how there's a three month gap between top 200 and top 100 :hmm:
    But I'm glad they're doing top 200 so we get to see less popular members shine and I can vote for more songs! [clap] It also probably mean more chances for sister group songs to make it hmm...
    Ikuru Koto is definitely a song I will be voting for. I don't think I've seen it been performed before [think] wait I think they did on the manatsu no dome tour.

20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    As long as it is streamed, i don't mind at all.

Mainstream audience know the name of a few singles song, like Ebi Kachuusa and Heavy Rotation. But in fact, there's also "hidden jewel" from Theater Stage(i'm thinking about oshi no hondo, nageki no figure,etc...) that people should at least listen to once. A top 200 really gives the opportunity to find interesting track that fall into oblivion.

Hum, Top 100 in a row, i don't like it; just because it's almost sure they are going to do the songs at full speed and the fans attending the concert won't be able to enjoy the full performance if it's half baked due to the demoniac Rythm of the song following each other.

Management is playing risky i think.