Event / Concert AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I really don't see the issue on that last day, I mean it most likely not going to be 100 straight singles or team song and even if that is the case there are 11 teams not counting KKS. They can definitely cover it.

As for strain on fans for being a while day event, haven't they already done these whole day events already? Did people forgot Nissan this year and the the Aki Matsuri, granted neither are single concerts, but I don't see issue if they build-in an intermission here or there.

Now expansion to 200 is interesting, we don't know the ranking of 101-200 last year but I would assume they are most AKB units which I'm more than happy to see.

Someone mentioned that There could be too many SKE or NMB song because they have enough to do their own, I just want to point out NMB still don't have original stage and at best only new TN stage will make it (if it doean't get delayed again) so they teally only have the 7 single and 1 album to speak of. (which is about 40 songs) that I could eould all makes the list. As for SKE, they also only have 3 original stages and doing Top 50 are already pretty dipping into majority of their available songs and in RH 2013 most of their song that should be up are up. I personally this 101-200 would be the more interesting rank to see as the top 100 would probably like 2013 and being singles heavy. but by expanding to 200, it theorotically should actually encourage fans to what what they "want" rather than having systematic vote of songs that is "most likely" to get high rank as we know sister group diehards tends to do.

I actually think HKT probably benefit by this most since they are the only group that can actually benefit from the usual systematic votes and my have some really surprising high ranking.

2. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I was thinking about this earlier.

Logically, this is probably the last Request Hour Kojiharu will perform in, and the same might be true for Mii-chan and Takamina. Takamina has been dropping hints about graduating lately, and it's almost 100% with Kojiharu...And while I'm not so sure about Mii-chan, I think we should still show her some support.
    So why not vote up Junai no Crescendo? It's performed by all three of them, but isn't a no3b song, so it can be voted for. I think it would be a great way to show support for all three of them.

3. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Personally if I wanted to vote, I'm voting for Bye-Bye-Bye even though I do like Junai no Crescendo. That song is just perfect in both lyric and mix inclusion, not to mention the song was at time when three of them at their peak cuteness. Anyway, I'm sure they'll get their share, but there are plenty of signature songs between three of them as 1st gen I really don't see how it can be narrowed down when all those graduation talk are just rumors.

I mean for every "supposed" hint there are open talk in shows that mentioned they are not quiet ready yet. Takamina just said in the show to Lonboo's Atsushi that she think if she graduates now it'll be like running away. Kojiharu reiterated in Ariyoshi AKB this week that while it is thought about she isn't ready and actually jokes about the way the fandom was heated up when it was revealed she is the center...

Besides, these things always have a way to take care themselves, I mean Kotaku no Runner, Hashire Penguin, Mushi no Ballad, and you can even count Kiseki wa ma ni Awanai or Kurukurupa to that list.

4. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. I guess only time can tell in cases like these. I'm still hoping to see Junai no Crescendo high on the list this year, it's probably one of my favorite songs from any stage.

Where do you think this year's singles will end up in the rankings? I think all of them will be ranked at least in the top 100, due to their exposure to more casual fans. Out of the three, I'm predicting that KFC will be the highest due to how much it was advertized.

5. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Unless there are some serious systematic votes going on, I really have hard time thinking KFC won't be #1. Like I said I believe the expansion actually takes away the systematic votes, but who known, with the amount of Sasshi anti and the realistic potential of Yuko finally graduate next year, it is the one systematic votes I am expecting to see either on HR or Nakinagara Hohoende.

But singles always makes the upper part of the list due to them being fresh, the question is how they are going to be spread out. As I said, I think top 100 are going to be single-related heavy as usual if 2013 is any indication. 101-200 is really what I interested, where it should be more unit heavy and where I really though the fun of RH should be.

Last year's RH wasn't a good for me not because of sister group but because of lack of unit and stage songs. Then again, that might also be a reason why they decided to have the spring concert of next year be 100-001, considering that part is probably going to end up with the usual mix of singles and power units.

6. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    May I please ask all writers to not shorten unnecessarily. It took me a few days before I realized that with "unit" meant "subunit". [shock] :)

Btw, with 200 songs, it is quite certain that Kuroi Tenshi is included. I wonder who will replace Acchan? Someone pushed lolie or someone who can really match Akicha and Reinyan? ;) Interesting.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

^ Then write to Aki-P and ask him to change the name of the Unit Matsuri to Subunit Festival or something. [hehe]

8. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Why? Subunits are units, but units are not subunits. They're called different for a reason. And during the Unit Matsuri there are plenty of stage unit songs performed.

For once I agree with gotbild [sealed] using the terms interchangeably only causes confusion. And saying units are banned from the RH just doesn't make sense at all.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But the Unit Matsuri was created so the actual units (DiVA, Not Yet, No3b, etc.) didn't interfere in the RH, not the stage units.
    Yes, there are some stage units there too, but it's not "because of them" that the Unit Matsuri was created. [think]

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    This is not an issue, is it? Be flexible. It's easy enough to know what is being referred to by looking at the context.

Anyone that has experienced at least one Request Hour will know what is meant, whether someone says "units" or "sub-units". This is not a new thing, after all. If you talk about both in the same paragraph though, then please make it clearer by using separate terms.

11. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama

Was the Unit Matsuri created because subunit songs are banned from the RH and still give the fans their songs since they're quite loved? Or was the Unit Matsuri created so the subunit songs wouldn't have to be in the RH?

Pardon my philosophical questioning, but I never really understood the need for a disconnect between AKB48 RH and the subunit songs. They're not under AKS anymore but does this warrant a separation? It could make sense if only subunit songs were performed at the Unit Matsuri, but over half the songs are stage units or solo's (some of which are also stage songs..).

@HRP, agreed. But it remains confusing if one person talks about subunits, gets quoted or replied to and then that person uses units, then the next subunits or starts combining them. It's just messy rhetoric.

12. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The latter. Take a look back a few years. Sub-unit songs used to be part of Request Hour just as much as everything else, but got taken out to leave more space for the rest (the back catalogue, the growing number of sister groups, etc). They're a bit of a different thing, so it seems reasonable to have them performed on another occasion.

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I still don't get the why, tbh (and more in a Top 200).

We see in Kouhaku that they use solo songs too (proper solo songs from solo singles, not solos from the stages), but they're are not used for the RH. [worried]

I wish they did. Maybe for AKB's 10th Anniversary? [hehe]

14. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Ok, that seems reasonable. And it gives us fans one more concert to look forward to each year [party] Thanks.

@Trinu, I guess they keep the subunits out of the RH now because they once made that decision. It would be too confusing and inconsistent to ban them one year and allow them the next. It goes well with the idea of 'make up your mind and stick with it'.

15. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @Taker
    Nissan Stadium setlist only have 33 songs while the Aki Matsuri has taken 4 Days to finish.

@Trinu
    and isn't it strange a 100 song in one day. they will probably shorten the songs on that day and mostly likely less MC's also. and also the gap on the dates. 2 months. 200-101 what kind of momentum would that make anyway. it will most likely a countdown of past and forgotten songs from the past stage setlist that newer fans don't know about and not really like a ranking.more like a revival concert.and I think 200-101 have really low votes result. Nihongogo says the 48G has over 536 songs to vote for on RH 2013 and not 800 songs overall.

now I wonder if they will really perform the full song or even just half-part of it. the song that the fans really voted for will only takes 2-minutes and then maybe the top 10 will have full performance.
    the normal RH day takes about 2 hr 40 mins to finish with the MC's, announcement and the encore. now a 100 songs in a day. maybe all forces of the 48G will be in there with JKT and SHN, draft members.
    5 hrs or more to finish, cut MC's or first 50 on the afternoon and then 51-100 on the evening. two part concert. then when things got worse we will have Seibu Dome Accident Part 2 where the girls one by one collapse because of exhaustion.which I hope won't happen.

16. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The number of songs available for voting this time will be at about 630. That's enough to warrant extending the ranking.

Newer fans aren't who the Request Hour is being held for. It's an event for those that want to see some songs performed again that they know from years ago and that usually don't find their way into concert set lists.

You're just searching for something to complain about, aren't you? First you have an issue with 200 songs being ranked, because it's "nonsense". Also you don't like the event being eight days long. Later you find out it isn't, so you set your mind on having a problem with the gap in between the concerts and the fact that the group has to perform a hundred songs in one day.
    Is there anything else? Instead of complaining about every other thing AKB does, how about being happy about something? What is it to you if they do 200 songs instead of a hundred? Management is giving us more of a good thing. You're not getting anything less than before and it doesn't hurt to do it, so what could possibly be the issue?

They have been announcing the Top 200 the past few years and every time fans have thought to themselves "Well, I really want to see that performed". The first half of Request Hour is always more interesting than the latter.
    If you really think that it's "nonsense" to go beyond a hundred out of 600+, you really need to do some catching up. There's more to AKB than Hebirote and Flying Get. There are no "forgotten songs".

17. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Wow, blown away. How can an international fan get tickets for April concert? Prob not announced yet but any info would be nice. Thank you.

18. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @HoneyRoastedPeanuts
    I think many new fans really have songs they don't know about from past stage setlist. even those who have been fans for so long still has songs they don't know about. maybe I'm complaining. but I think AKB48 is trying to make something big before everything really falls apart. I mean they already have concerts on the biggest venue on Japan. their mostly likely now trying to break records and make big and epic things like this and they're trying to be creative these days.and this one is no exception. 100 songs in a day. draft members, concurrent positions. shuffling members on overseas sister group.

@rka
    considering they don't really perform the whole song then 100 in a day. we'll likely to see a preview of the song. or we're just going to have 2 MC's and big announcement. 5-6 hrs watching goodluck to the fans and the members.maybe Guiness should have look at this also.

19. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    @ Bushido: There's absolutely nothing we can tell you about that now. Concert tickets are never available more than a month ahead. Start looking for information on that in March at the earliest.

20. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @rka
    the only problem I think will the fans should handle is that the top 100 songs might not be livestream. it might go straight to dvd. so, fans should really ready their wallet for this. Sae should be back and perform Mushi no Ballad with Sayaka's Mushi no Ballad performance in her Tokyo Dome Grad on the big screen at the back. that's epic!!

@HoneyRoastedPeanuts
    sorry, for saying forgotten setlist. I submit now that the fans really have to watch the 200 -101 ranked songs to see and reminisce past stage song and also for the new fans to get the group song history.

the Janken Single is heavily promoted by doing this. Heart Ereki doesn't contain RH voting card. which means if fans want to ranked the songs they want. they should mass buy the Janken Taikai single
    Jurina-centered. maybe purely coincidental.
    on second thought if the fans won't complain then Sousenkyo and Janken might now have happened in the first place. and if the fans won't complain then I wonder if the management would still think new things so, that the fans will still find 48G interesting.