ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. transcendental_protagonis

transcendental_protagonis Kenkyuusei

I havent watch any patlabor, but I have watched the GITS saga ( tv and movies) it was quite interesting

2. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

I can understand that. The Patlabor movies are pretty much the "Who did it? You did! ARREST!" formula, but it's still got that Mamoru Oshii direction behind it, so it's done in a very cool way. Ghost in the Shell is a little bit bigger scope than just "OMG U R LAUGHING MAN U ARRESTED SHOW OVER LOLZ." I don't really prefer one above the other. They are all great in their own ways. Patlabor is very near and dear to me, though. It's a prime example of what robot anime should be. The robots are props and the characters are what make the show. That's the way it should be, unless of course the robots are alive themselves, ala Transformers or one of the Brave series. FINAL FUSIOOOOOOOOOOON! :lol: Anyway, I think I own everything Patlabor except Minipato. Ghost in the Shell I am working on. Since I am opting out of adopting either of these silly HD formats, I think I will pick up SAC 2nd Gig and I saw Solid State Society is out. I haven't seen either of these and am VERY eager to.

Sorry if my comments sounded a bit rude earlier. I just reread it and it may have come off that way. o_O

3. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

^ It's all good. We all have our own animes that we stand by and will defend. :lol: Solid State Society is an excellent movie... It's what GITS 2: Innocence should have been :lol:

4. transcendental_protagonis

the movie without Makoto on it was sucks

5. Damaramu

Damaramu Kenkyuusei

Ok, I'll put my 2 cents in:

I'm more of an "old schooler" anime fan, being a tad older than most of the population here. Just a tad mind you. Some of my favorites:

Macross
    Patlabor
    Dirty Pair
    Bubblegum Crisis
    Gall Force
    Ranma 1/2
    Mobile Suit Gundam *but only the UC stuff*
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Gunbuster
    Dangaioh
    Excel Saga
    Love Hina

And a whole shitton more. My all time favorite is of course, Macross and all of it's spin off series and sequels. Yes, even Macross 7.

6. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Classic! My all-time favorite anime. :lol:

7. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

You win at life and anime fandom. So many fans now don't even know what Macross, Patlabor, Dirty Pair, or Gall Force is. Sucks to be them! :lol: Macross: Do You Remember Love is one of the best anime movies ever. It just totally represents what old school anime stood for, not to mention the amount of love that went into making it. The fact that it is pre-CGI/computer assisted cel animation, but still managed to look so amazing, it was clearly a labor of love.

8. transcendental_protagonis

the oldest anime I've watched is Dororo to Hyakumaru, a friend of mine lend me it, well it's a classic and so good, Oh I'm watching Ginga tetsudo 999 and Captain Harlock, Maetel is the prettiest anime character I've seen.
    I have to add something, Leiji Matsumoto and Yoshiyuki Tomino are masters

9. CDevil

CDevil Member

No way! That's my favourite too lol. I haven't watched it for ages but at one time I was pretty obsessed with the first 45 episodes (my sister bought me a bootleg boxset with just the first 45 eps). Having my two favourite voice actors playing Ranma is also total awesomeness. I love it <3

10. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

I'm looking for animes to watch. Preferably to do with sword-fighting if possible.

I've watched Peacemaker Kurogane, am currently watching Bleach and I think they're great.

So is possible, can anyone recommend some?

11. transcendental_protagonis

there's a new one, called Shigurui, watched 1st episode was good

12. CDevil

CDevil Member

Two that came to mind straight away when you mentioned swords are Rurouni Kenshin (and the Samurai X OVA) and Samurai Champloo. There're probably others I could think of, but these two are my favourites. You can also check out The Twelve kingdoms, this show doesn't have a whole lot to do with swords (they are there), but I'm just recommending it because it's a fantastic fantasy series. The anime doesn't have a proper ending though unfortunately, and it's not really as action packed as you might like.

13. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

Thinking of swords, I recommend Claymore. It's a fairly new anime that has to do with half demon, half human female warriors trained exclusively to slay demons. There's only around 20 episodes floating around right now, but it's an ongoing series. Some heads fly in this anime so it might be too violent for your taste.

Check it out, it's neat ;)

Claymore Episode 1

14. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Claymore is awesome. I like to call it Beserk 2. :lol: Hopefully it doesn't end as bad as Beserk did. :cry:

But back to the topic at hand. poke check out Samurai 7. It's based on Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai film. Lots of sword fighting and a very good anime imo. :lol:

15. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

^ I love Berserk. It's one of my all time favorites. Berserk didn't end badly for me......well not yet. That's because I haven't watched the anime. I only read the manga and you might be surprised, but it's still an ongoing series throughout all these years.

16. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I read the manga too... I just hated the ending for the anime. :x There was actually talks a while back that they were gonna make a Berserk 2, but that's like waiting Starcraft 2... Well, they did announce SC2 at least, so maybe there's still a glimmer of hope.

17. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

Wow, so many recommendations. Thanks a lot guys! :D

Yeah I'm now starting with Shigurui and will check all the videos you guys recommended one by one. :D

It's alright, I've seen body parts flying about before (Elfen Lied) so it should be no problem. :D

Once again, ehehe, thanks a lot you guys. :D

18. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

^ No problem. :D
    Also, I have to warn you that the demons like to eat people's guts. There's a scene at the beginning where a demon is eating someone's guts, but you don't actually see them eating, you can hear the "munching" sound though. Ewwww..

19. luminouswave

luminouswave Kenkyuusei

My first manga I've read is Doraemon, a very old manga of Japan. But I like it, now I like to watch animes. Also I like manga of Osamu Tezuka. :D

20. devnyx

devnyx Kenkyuusei

So, u only jugde movie only from it?? If There's Makoto on it than any movie is good?? don't look at the genre or storyline?