ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Here's a portion of the usual email I receive from J-list, it has something to do about some anime origin you might be of interest.

2. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Hi everyone!

I am currently addicted to the manga of Vampire Knight, just finished Vol. 9.

I wondered how the anime compared, if you've read and watched it, and what people thought?

Not sure whether to try it or not seeing as how I love the manga so much...

:)

3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Vampire Knight's manga has just recently ended and that's good, that's one manga off my list. :D

About the anime hmm... its been so long since I watched it, I'm not even sure up to which part of the manga the anime was able to cover but I think its good, the creepy opening and ending is a good plus. I still listen to it once and awhile, Kanon Wakeshima was suited to that kind of music.

4. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

2nd part of Code Geass OVA is out today. Wonder how long before someone translates it.

5. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

So the Titan series has ended (well the first season, at least)...I've enjoyed it, in fact I don't remember a series I had enjoyed so much before... And the final episode was amazing...it compensated me for the bad episode of One Piece... :^^;:

6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I'm in the mood for a girls driving mecha anime. Seems Sakura Taisen was the last one I really got into. I also watched a pretty good one about girls driving WWII era tanks but I can't remember the title right now.

Suggestions?

Everyone's talking about Attack on Titan, so I guess I should check that out.

7. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I watched the latest episode of One Piece yesterday, can't wait to see what happens next episode as Dolflamingo has become angry.

8. firetrucks

firetrucks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Rinne no Lagrange or (I don't really like it though) Symphogear.

There isn't much about purely girls anime driving mecha except those two in the past years or so. You can also check Star Driver and Aquarion Evol (Kawamori who also directed AKB0048 if you watched that works on this).

9. karles48

Well, the name of the episode gives us a good hint...

10. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    I'm not really into anime but I really do love reading manga. When it comes to genre, I like psychological.

To those who loves psychological-themed mangas like me, here are some good reads:
    Mirai Nikki
    Bloody Monday
    Elfen Lied
    Welcome to the N.H.K.
    Onani Master Kurosawa

I would also like to recommend these, although they are still on-going:
    Claymore
    Kiwaguro no Brynhildr
    Kurosagi

I usually stay away from on-going mangas because I really hate waiting for new chapters, but these are really good. Especially for Kiwaguro no Brynhildr. If you guys have some time, please do give it a try, it's just awesome even for non-psychological readers.

EDIT: How could I forget to include one of the best psychological manga of all time, Shingetsutan Tsukihime. For those who prefer anime, I believe that Tsukihime has one.

11. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Oh I love Claymore, although I have only read 6 volumes for the Manga but I watched all of the Anime.

12. firetrucks

firetrucks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Hey there, I'm pretty fond of that genre as well. If you haven't, try reading Monster (imo the best psychological manga :XD: ) .

Here's a list of other titles you might be interested in:
    Satou Kashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai
    Hoshi no Samidare
    Franken Fran
    Doubt
    Jisatsu Circle
    Liar Game
    Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
    Alive!
    Aku no Hana (there's an anime version, so shit, you're lucky you're not into it)
    Gantz

And a lot more. Good reads.

I read anything as long as its not heavily harem-ish (because I read stuff like Negima and Kaminomi). And I'm embarrassingly attached to anything with romance--or girl romance for that matter. So if anyone's interested in that, I'm very well versed in the subject and can recommend you interesting titles. :lol:

13. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Ahh Firetrucks, I love girl romance too :inlove:
    Have you read Girl Friends? Not for Anime but it is a great Yuri Manga.
    Also Yuru Yuri is hilarious.

14. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Thanks! Since you have recommended it the most, I'll pick Monster for now. Some of those titles are actually in the list of my "what to read next" mangas.

I've already read some of those titles before:
    Hoshi no Samidare is like a light-hearted version of Mirai Nikki. I really enjoyed reading it.

Franken Fran is pretty nice although I've dropped it eventually after finding it to be too repetitive.

Jisatsu Circle. Wow, I love this manga! I've actually read almost all of the works of Furuya Usamaru, the author of this manga. He's a genius when it comes to psychological mangas. Although I usually don't recommend his works to others because his stories gets way too dark sometimes and I think not everyone will appreciate his style of art.

But still, that's a nice list we have there. It feels great to know someone who has the same taste for psychological mangas. :awesome: As most people will usually be only talking about Death Note or Shingeki no Kyoujin when it comes to psychological.

15. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Now for some more "normal" genres, here are my recommendations:

Mainstream (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Romance, Drama):
    Rave Master - If you still haven't read this yet, then read it. Now!

Comedy:
    Kyou kara Ore wa!! - Don't read this... Remember, I've warned you.
    Angel Densetsu - Trivia: This was the earlier masterpiece of Yagi Norihiro, author of Claymore.

Romance (Shounen):
    Ichigo 100% - This is the best romantic shounen manga that I've read. And sorry, I don't read shoujo.
    I"s - Second best.

Romantic-comedy:
    Midori no Hibi - Who said that romantic comedies will never have a great story?
    Ai Kora (Love Collage) - Ever wondered what would happen if Keitaro of Love Hina was actually a pervert?(Speaking of Love Hina, do I still need to recommend it? I mean, it's just the best harem/romantic-comedy of all time... lol)

16. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I'am not an Anime expert but Shingeki no Kyojin is really addictive for me, their simple raw gore and violence is surprisingly interesting.

17. koiso

koiso Kenkyuusei

from kyoukai no kanata episode 7
    [​IMG]
    LOL!!! it said HND48

18. karles48

It's quite old, but I still didn't know this crossover... [shock] And it looks very interesting.
    [​IMG]

19. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

me too.. I Just watched this last month. [rock]

-----

So im currently watching this anime called "Aku no hana" . This is the first time,really the first time i wanna kill the antagonist of an anime. The girl surname is "nakamura". Worst than orochimaru/darthvader/YunnoGasai/Yagamilight LOL. I dont want to spoil you guys. So if you have time, try give a shot on this anime. Oh im currently in 5th epi. Total of 13 episodes.

[​IMG]

edit: After epi 11 I stopped watching it. Its a crap anime. This anime is like haruhi suzumiya but a little darker.

20. karles48

Great song and amazing (and promising) new opening for One Piece!! :omg:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_pv4I9o4LQ[/yt]