Any Rugby Union fans around here ??

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by BAKA OSHI, Apr 14, 2015.

1. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Just wondering ..

2. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I am a massive rugby union fan! :D

Hardened Northampton Saints fan for many years now.

Trying to forget this weekend's appalling performance ¬¬

3. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Commiserations then, but in fairness we were on a cloud in that Quarter final. :D

Born in Clermont so ASM is my number one team always, and living in Dublin so Go on Leinster as well. So much so I have had a season ticket for the past 4 seasons.

Hate when the 2 meet up, which might happen again in the final if by miracle Leinster catches Toulon on a very bad day.

4. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

I am!!! Best sport in the world. Going to the world cup in England this September :)

5. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Well so that's 3 of us, not bad... I wasn't expecting that many people to be into Rugby Union anyway.

6. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Saints vs Saracens this weekend, naturally going to be a tense game because they're the #1 and #2 teams...

But add the fact we've been playing like utter crap recently and it just gets worse.

Small glimmer of light is that Saints have lost Hooley, who was one of those 'up and coming' players who really sucked and is going to Exeter.
    Signed a couple of good players so will see what happens next season.

I don't live close enough for a season ticket but am going to the Saints v Welsh on the 9th.

Good luck to Leinster tonight!

7. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Hi,

I'll be watching the Leinster / Ulster on TV tonight, didn't feel like going to Belfast on a Friday evening.

Leinster has been disappointing in league play this season. Last week's game at Toulon was closer than I thought but probably because Toulon wasn't 100% focused and Leinster like Sarracens in the other semi-final were playing not too loose more than to win (IMO).

8. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    I'm starting to think ahead and the 2019 world cup looks more and more appealing... I'm seriously considering going.

Obviously I'd need a recon trip in either 2017 and or 2018... you know to get my bearings....

9. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    So, this is annoying me.

What is the point of having a Premiership, in which teams are ranked according to how many games they win, exactly like football, if it ultimately means nothing as the top four have to play each other and then are crowned the winners from that?!

I have never understood it, and after the debacle that was Saturday's Saints game I have to wonder why you'd want to finish top if it doesn't gaurantee the win.

My only consolation is that hopefully Bath will thrash Sarries.

10. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    It means you have to have the mental strength to win in elimination games. Very different mindset than a regular season game, winner takes all. Looking back at the other beating the Saints took in their other elimination game at the hand of Clermont I'm not surprised they failed again.

Some have the same debate in France, but over there the final is a tradition and a celebration of rugby.

It wouldn't be the same without it, the Yellow Army will gather in Bordeaux for the semi final and hope to be on it's way to Paris for the Final.

11. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
  12. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Another brilliant Safety Video from Air New Zealand....

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Oh NZ.

I cannot watch a haka without getting goosebumps.

Also, congratulations to Tom Woods! Captain for the forthcoming game! Very pleased for him.

With the World Cup just around the corner, is anyone going to any of the games?
    I completely forget to get tickets and am massively kicking myself. ¬¬

14. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    I wont be going, the tickets prices were too high for my taste and you have to add flights + hotel so no.

Going to see Ireland / Scotland this Saturday and Ireland / Wales in 2 weeks .... warm up games but it's in Dublin.

Won't be watching France either as it's at the same time as Ireland.... probably for the best we are not good at the moment.

15. Ephebia

Ephebia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Twitter:
    BERENiCE_gang
    I'm from france, my favorite team is Stade Français in the top 14.
    I'm not going to see World Cup, mom (she likes rugby too) said price are too high and I will have school. Next saturday is France / Scotland, i will just see it on tv.
    Jules Plisson, one french player, was not accepted by world cup staff because they asked 36 players and not 37. He was taken by french team as a "plus" if he recovered his injury. He is currently one of the best fly-half in the french players so it's really unfair but rules are rules.
    So now, we are four rugby fans, right ?

16. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Welcome to the group Ephebia, Stade Francais brings back mixed feelings after the final. :(

4 declared fans so far yes.

I will not go to any world cup games either, too expensive, your mom is right. I will go to Leinster games.

Plisson had a good season and could have been in the 36 if not injured, but I feel Trinh Duc is probably better. Even if Plisson had been healthy, Saint André would have chosen Michalak and Tales....

17. Ephebia

Ephebia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Twitter:
    BERENiCE_gang
    Finally they didn't choose Trinh Duc, it makes my mom a little angry. She said there is a player (i don't remember his name) who shouldn't be there. But it's mom's opinion.
    Last match of Stade Français last Saturday was really complicated because they didn't have right prop (rabat slimani in french team, two others in their respective national team and the last one is injured) so they took the little brother of Rabat Slimani. A lot of players from Saturday match were from the formation center so they are really young, even if the Stade Français loose it was a great occasion for this young players.

18. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    How is everyone enjoying the World Cup?! :D

I have managed to catch one England game as I am out too much, and watched New Zealand haka which made me cry. Oh the emotion!!
    Seen other matches as well...

And mega wow to the Japan blip over South Africa!! Shame they couldn't carry it over to the next match but wow. What a shock. :D

19. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Enjoying the World Cup so far.

The Japan / SA was amazing, the Brave Blossoms achieved something very special. The Wales / England game was good to watch too.

Can't wait for this Saturday...

20. Ephebia

Ephebia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Twitter:
    BERENiCE_gang
    A lot of matchs are not visible in french free tv, we only have matchs with "big nations" so we did have the Japan/SA and Ireland/Italy will not be available... This is sad... when football world cup is on, they put all the matchs and here, pretty nothing. Grr