[BOOK] Acchan's 5th Photobook [Bukiyou] '12/03/16

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ithebigc, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Announced today, Acchan will be releasing her 5th solo photobook titled "Bukiyou," which means "Clumsy" or "Awkward" (but more clumsy) on March 16th of this year.

Direct translation of the announcement story from sanspo (as best as I can, as a 2nd year student of Japanese): http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/120222 ... 009-n1.htm

I totally did not make up that butt line, her "beautiful butt" somehow deserved center attention from both the headline and a separate line in the article.

Either way, I'm really excited for this photobook. It's the first photobook since Mayuyu's that I'll be buying on the release date. I've always felt that Acchan's 2nd, 3rd and 4th photobooks went in the wrong direction with too much of a focus on sexy (I mean, yes, she's attractive, but she is perfectly capable of being attractive without needing all of those suggestive photos) so this seems like a good solid step in the right direction, focusing more on the "clumsy" or fun, silly, cute side of Acchan that I love. Yeah, there's the prerequisite "sexy" shots like the aforementioned butt one, but I don't think those can be avoided anymore in idol photobooks. As long as the focus is on what they stated the theme to be, it'll be a great photobook.

And speaking of the theme, that is mostly why I'm so excited for it. I've said time and time again that Acchan's first solo DVD/Blu-ray "Muboubi" was one of the best AKB48 idol DVDs I've watched (not that I've watched much....Acchan, Erepyon, Warota...maybe something else?) because it felt as if I was going on a trip with Acchan to Thailand, from the airplane all the way to the actual vacation, not as if I paid to have a boring DVD of an idol prancing around in a bikini and doing nothing else (like Erepyon's). I hope they can capture the same feeling (going on vacation with Acchan) in this photobook, as she said.

And here are the preview pictures!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Links to Order:
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4096 ... 02_details
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... BK-1089520
    http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4975521

2. shoruken

shoruken Kenkyuusei

Re: [BOOK] Acchan's 5th Photobook [Bukiyou] 2012/03/16

Pre-orders are being taken now at CDJapan.

I'd been wondering for a while now when they were going to announce what it was exactly she was doing in Paris a few months ago, and like many others I had a feeling it was a photobook. I'm loving the preview shots so far. Seeing the erm... "other face" of the face of the franchise is awesome, but I was thinking a Paris themed PB would be filled with shots of Acchan munching on her favourite croissants [hehe]

Either way I've pre-ordered and am looking forward to this release.

3. oddball

oddball Member

I get the feeling that this PB might be a little bit cheeky..... :^^;:

4. smile__x

smile__x Kenkyuusei

If this were facebook I would like your comment [hehe]

5. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Oh my goodness... the connotation. :nb: :nb: :nb:

:awesome:

6. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

that was brilliant, very punny indeed [hehe] :hehe:

anyways i might pick it up from cdjapan. depends on what others opinions on it are. i got the kojiharu PB, and it wasnt anything special. But regardless i'll wait when Rena's photobook comes out as well, and if this seems interesting, purchase it along with Rena's and maybe Sasshis too, just to save on (the very expensive) shipping costs :awesome:

7. oddball

oddball Member

^

Yeah that was what I was thinking too as cost are not the best I tend to stack up these sorts of things, you get hit pretty hard in Oz to for shippings cost don't you?

8. 1337rice

1337rice Kenkyuusei

Funny, I could've sworn that CDJapan said they're only taking pre-orders until a certain day (Feb 24), now I don't see it anymore.

I guess we can all show which poster, of the 3, that we got :drool:

9. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

yeah if i was to get 4 books, Renas, Acchans, Sasshis, and the blue photo album, the total is around 5400 yen, whilst shipping (registered air mail), will cost an extra 5100yen so its pretty bad

10. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

To those concerned about cost, I find that if you're ordering a LOT of things at once, Amazon Japan is the best. They have a fixed rate of 2000 yen for the first item, but as you pile on the items they only charge 300 yen per extra item, regardless of weight. This is ideal for things like books, which usually are heavy and cost a lot to ship via HMV's EMS (the worst for weight) or even CDJapan's Fedex (better, but still expensive).

I ordered 15 items, including Acchan's 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th photobook, the AKB48 Kaigai Ryouko Nikki, AKB48 Twenty-Four Hours, the AKB48 book for practicing elementary Japanese, the AKB48 VISUAL BOOK A 2010, AKB48 Janken Taikai Koushiki Guidebook 2011 (total of 9 books), Mayuyu's poster calendar, and Mayuyu's Synchro Tokimeki Limited Edition B as well as 4 other CDs (total of 5 CDs) and the shipping cost only came out to 7200 yen. Really not bad, especially since CDJapan told me it'd be 9800 yen just for the 9 books by themselves. :yikes:

If you've been holding back on buying books, now is a good time to get them all :D

11. 1337rice

1337rice Kenkyuusei

^
    I never knew Amazon Japan ships overseas... :hmm:
    It's just like how Amazon USA doesn't like to ship specific items to Canada...

12. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

i'm not sure i can get behind your asinine comment.

:awesome:

13. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

I think they ship CD/photobook to Canada, but not electronics. Same as amazon USA.

14. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

extomomi hit the nail on the head, I think the only thing they don't ship overseas are electronic stuff due to laws or whatever reason, but since most AKB stuff are CDs, DVDs, and books, those should have no problem.

Anyways, just added Amazon Japan's, CDJapan's and HMV's links to the OP to make it easier for everyone to order :)

15. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

16. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    Saw this on 2ch

[​IMG]

17. Zobii

Zobii Member