Album Chocolove 1st [Dessert] 07/11/21

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by makistar, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    Photo book :)

2. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

sigh.. I'm not cancelling. I'd have to email CD Japan to do it... and uh, e-mail is hard, and... Oh screw it, I want the photobook and nothing is standing in my way. :p

3. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

4. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

no preview from Waves yet?

5. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

Is there anyone preordering this off YesAsia?

6. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

Yes. I've combined it with my order for the calendar and the Fan Book to ease the pain. :lol: :cry:

[​IMG]

7. Ange

Ange Member

^ Are you getting free shipping for those, at least?

8. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

Yes, but no free capsule toy with that order. :cry:

Not like I actually care about that, though.

9. Ange

Ange Member

No capsule? Why?

Anyways, I've lost most of the things I've got into those capsules. A toy was taken by a nephew, an elastic gun
    is somewhere in my desk, I don't know where I left and eraser it came once, and I got some Egyptian figure once I never knew what was for. XD

I should be sent a new package this week, I hope it brings something interesting.

10. haruna_hamasaki

me.
    why? do you face any problem preordering off YA?

11. kaito

kaito Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

12. haruna_hamasaki

Waves sounds so H!P-ish. :shock:

13. Ange

Ange Member

Waves.... err.. I'll wait for the CD to know coz the preview isn't that encouraging.

Chocolate-Sayaka.... [​IMG]

14. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

Only the Chocolove album had one of those capsule icons. I'll get capsule toys with my other three ($ :cry: $) orders, though.

15. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

I know my posts about AKB48 related releases have been plenty gloomy lately, but does anyone else feel this album and the upcoming DVD are going to bomb massively and might be the end of Chocolove?

I liked Ashita no... . The song was nice, the PV had girls getting shot and bleeding chocolate (that's a good thing in case you didn't know) and I really enjoyed the Making Of. The b-side was pretty good too. In fact, after a while I found myself listening to Chocolate more than Ashita.

Mail no Namida was a disappointment for me. I didn't like the song, the PV was an obvious cellphone commercial and thank god Sae was there to make the Making Of watchable at least. Rina and Sayaka must've had a bad day or something. I get the idea that Mail no Namida was pretty well received on this forum, but I think that might be a misrepresantation, because we have a lot of vocal Sayaka fans here.

About Dessert, I think makistar was spot on: it's a photobook with a bonus CD. I can't even think of a single reason why anyone would buy the normal edition (unless they include tickets for some sort of event with just the normal version). The tracklist is a slap in the face of loyal fans who bought the singles. Waves is the only new song, and even calling that "new" is a stretch, because it's probably what was originally planned as the single that was shortly available for preorder. As for the solo versions of the single b-sides making up 50% of the entire album, well, in my opinion they should've included those with the solo versions of the singles. That would've made buying those just slightly more worthwhile. As it stands, this album just screams zero effort to me. They probably had those solo recording laying around and Waves was most likely already recorded as well. The photobook needs to be mindblowingly amazing to make up for that, but I don't have high hopes.

Then the upcoming DVD: 2 PV's, which most fans probably already own, and "rare" footage. I'd be surprised if the total runtime exceeds 30 minutes if it's just that. I may be too soon to judge this because I don't yet have any idea of what this "rare" footage is, but I'm sceptical to say the least.

16. Ange

Ange Member

^ I mostly agree.

However, I don't want to feel I throwing my money. About the CD itself, I don't really mind. I've said several times I'm looking forward Sayaka's version of Chocolate which is, indeed, my favorite Chocolove song. I'm looking forward the PB, too. The rest, meh. I didn't like Mail no Namida at all (ok, I'm obsessed with Sayaka's version), neither its c/w song.

Maybe Akimoto ran out of ideas :( I just don't expect it be the end, as you say, that would be disgraceful. Especially for Sayaka and Rina who seem have been left behind bearing in mind they were not included in Yuuhi. I'll pray for this only be a lapsus.

About the DVD... I'm biased. I preordered without knowing. I guess it's coz I'm trying to recover the time I lost when i didn't know them. Hehe. So I'm trying to buy mostly everything XD.

It's ok. My life is built on hopes.

17. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

I was wondering if YesAsia would have the Photobook, since it wasn't mentioned and it would be pointless for me to order and not have the photobook.

18. haruna_hamasaki

^ Limited version.

(the one that i've highlighted with yellow is stated about the photobook).
    [​IMG]

19. kaito

kaito Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I agree with a lot of points you've brought up.
    I loved Ashita, the single was okay, but the PV is by far one of my favoruite PVs ever. I actually prefered Mail No Namida's song compared to Ashita. The PV although, was such a let down, everything about it. The outfits, the dull colour they made the pv, the blantant mobile phone advertisment etc. The covers of both singles though, were amazing though, especially Ashitas.

Everything about this album although, I really don't like. The covers look cheap [and Sae looks like shes wearing a priest outfit in the normal edition]. The tracklisting is a SLAP in the face. The DVD extras, as you said are probably footage the fans have already.

The only last hope is the PB, but if it's anything like the outfits/style of the front cover, it will be a shambles.

I've decided I'm not going to buy it, unless of course, there is a miracle and the PB is amazing and there is still copies left.

20. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

I would very much like to see the PB too. I'm more interested in that than the album itself.