Event / Concert [EVENT] SKE48 Request Hour Set List Best 50 2012

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Oct 11, 2012.

1. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    hoping for a "Yui-like" spot in NMB48.

2. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Based on current pattern, Rie will get alot of angry birds :D

3. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    ^

The only reason Yui was so bashed is caused she jumped right into the NMB senbatsu mix and took 3rd spot. So far SKE fans have been pedestrian since Rie isn't actively in any singles yet. I do expect Rie to come in eventually but I think SKE fans can handle her taking 4th since outside of top 3, nothing seems to be set in stone yet.

4. ganguro

ganguro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I'm sorry, but it bugs me that Kareha has lost to Omoide Ijou, not that I'm a Rena oshi mainly but its because of the circumstances. I do not think Jurina's recent surge in popularity as much to do with her activities being in SKE, but rather AKB, and since this is a SKE event, I'm not happy about it I won't even lie.

And I saw this on some tumblr so I just wanna share it because it is exactly how I feel

"Plus, Jurina has… everything. Center position (even if she shares it with someone) in both groups, Aki-P absolutely loves her, she’s so young and has so much ahead of her. Is it that bad wanting Rena would at least be the most popular out of the two? It’s not wanting to take Jurina down, it’s just wanting to level things up a bit, I guess. At least for me it is."

This, really sums it up for me. I may not speak for all Rena fans but I do believe that most of us do not dislike Jurina, in fact Jurina is my #3 in the whole 48 group. It's really just about balancing things up a bit because of how we know she will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the future because she is still so young and so much ahead of her and knowing that Rena won't stay in the group for many years ahead.

5. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Omoide ijou moved up to SECOND place!! I am so freaking happy right. This achievement calls for a celebration.

Congratulations Jurina. You truly earned this. [party]

6. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika

Let me get this straight, you attribute this surge in popularity to Jurina in AKB and you just want to level the playing field? Let's not kid ourselves. Rena is in Team Surprise along with AKB. Rena is also already more popular than Jurina based on what you Rena fans keep shoving into everyone's faces: HS ticket sales.

And you still want to talk about leveling the playing field? Remove your oshi goggles please.

Also Jurina does not have everything. She can't get the approval of people like you and likewise some AKB fans as well seem to just naturally wanna see her dragged to the mud too.

If anything, I would say Jurina finally earned the recognition for her work. It took 4 years and a transfer scare for her to actually be put into this position. Think about it.

7. ganguro

ganguro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I don't wanna continue arguing about it. It will just go on forever, it's not going to do the fans of SKE any good if we are separated and not moving on as a whole, in the end, we all just want the best for the group that we love. Probably no one is right or wrong in this matter, maybe it was the heat of the moment for me and I hope this issue will be dissolved with this reply.

On a side note, I have to clarify that I do not hate Jurina and she brought me to SKE in the first place, as I mentioned she is my #3 in the entire 48 group, maybe the way I posted make it seem like I'm hating on her but I just want to clarify that.

Acchan once said that she wished that there will be no more of these ranking and stuffs and I do agree with her, rankings are cruel and creates hate and misunderstandings which will only create more hate. I apologise if I sounded offensive. Cheers.

8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    You know as an ske48 fan i'd say the ugliest part of this fandom is Jurina fans against Rena and Rena fans against Jurina. The election, hs results even this top 50 brings out this worst in this attitude. And personnally as an ske fan i don't want either one to solely take 1st place in the top 50 because it just gives some some feeling that either member is above the whole group in general. Seriously Hazumisaki is the best kind of first place because it shows fans love of ske unity over Jurina or Rena fans love over the group domination.

9. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    @tritoch,

You know why Jurina cannot include in "Team Surprise", right? It's for Pachinko promotion so u-18 members cannot advertise it. And addition to the fact that it's Pachinko-related, it usually gives a bad image. That's why they never include most senbatsu except Yuko and Rena who can draw a lot of wota and they don't really care about their image much before. This year, it is a last time for Kyoraku they can get Acchan and might give them enough cash and, so they manage AKS to give them all over-18 senbatsu level members to this year promotion.

So Jurina fans want her to be included in this campaign? ... seriously?

Since ganguro already clarified, i won't touch other subjects. Even it might be me, tritoch want to argue most :D

10. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    I guess its a serious matter now [hehe]

Hear hear [clap]

----

As for the results, well,it appears to me that most treat this as another member election rather than a song election, as what has also been seen in this thread with the Jurina/Rena stuff. Would also explain why the singles didn't rank well.

11. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Let me get this straight: if people want to vote for Rena and she ranks 1, it’s all dandy - but if people wanna vote for Jurina and she outranks Rena it’s the end of SKE as we know it and suddenly has something to do with Jurina being in Team K? Good luck trying to explain that to someone.
    Is this the kind of logic that's allowed to roam free on the internet these days? Please take a step back and think about what you're saying there, because I'm pretty sure that you know exactly what this sounds like. It sounds like sore losing.
    And you know what? This ain't even about losing. It's not about Jurina, Rena, Rikako or Yukko. It's about the group, the group's effort, the group's songs.

I absolutely adore Rena. Yes, more than Yukirin and yes exactly, my ranking is off (I hate doing rankings anyway so there you go). She's incredible beyond words in all ways imaginable. But there's a limit to things. As a fan you need to see the girls in a realistic light. And not just that, but in relation to the other girls and the group as a whole. No one ever asked you to compare the two for no better reason than that they're both named Matsui and share considerable popularity. Stop it with that "two teams" and "AKB this SKE that" shtick. You're doing a disservice to the franchise. Neither AKB nor SKE nor Akimoto is profiting from this kind of misdirected energy. We've been years past the Jurina-hating that was going on during the time of Oogoe and afterwards and there is no need to have it flare up again for petty reasons as this.

One thing that will always be pretty much beyond me is this sense of rivalry. I see no other source to get this from than one's own personal bias. These girls are friends. They are running towards one goal. There is no need for fans to go and try to rip them apart and pit them against each other for personal preference.
    If Rena ranks higher than Jurina - great. If Jurina ranks higher than Rena - equally so. HS event sales aren't equaling popularity. Same goes for election results. There are reasons for Rena selling that well at handshakes just as well as there are reasons for Akarin doing so and other members doing well in other departments. I should know - I am present at most of those events. You can meet me there any time.

Just for the record, there is no such thing as "Jurina hasn't been active in SKE". Jurina has been present at the theater, handshake events and TV appearances just as much as Rena. For theater shows - if you want to know in detail - check the SKE performing members' database. I've been editing the AKB counterpart myself and I know it's accurate.

[Something relatively off-topic but important nonetheless]

AKS isn't slowing down SKE. There's nothing that seems to suggest that. It would be terribly backwards and opposite to any kind of realistic business strategy. You don't create a thing only for it to want to be outdone by one other thing you created. Business-wise that's not only suicide but idiotic.

The only reason for featuring sister group members in AKB singles is to have them act as representatives to promote and further awareness of the sister groups. That's the function of AKB and how it's always worked; to act as a driving force behind the popularity of itself as well as its offspring.

SKE has gotten where they are popularity-wise all thanks to Jurina being featured in AKB ever since SKE started their first stage. The exact same goes for Rena and others, then Sayanee and Milky for NMB. They even got Melody in there to make people take notice of JKT. At one point in the very near future they'll put SHN members into AKB singles too - without that there'd be close to zero people showing interest in a China-based group. Akicha going to Jakarta is already making Japanese fans turn their heads and look into JKT - something they wouldn't have done before.

If Jurina hadn't been there in 2008 to spearhead SKE's popularity, SKE would still be dabbling at a local level and nowhere near where they are now. It was an incredible move but at the time Jurina got a lot of backlash from people that were equally short-sighted as to management's intentions.
    By now, these people are traveling across Japan to Nagoya and Osaka to see the sister groups at their turf.

There is no separating of AKB and 48G. None of them are separate entities. AKB is as much SKE as SKE is NMB as HKT is AKB, NMB and SKE. It's all one thing and running it in such an interchangeable fashion is the one plan behind it. Nothing belongs to anyone. As soon as SKE does "Saka Agari" or "Aitakatta" it's an SKE stage and when S2nd becomes H1st, it's an HKT stage. When Sayanee sings Bird it's her song, not Takamina's. The kenkyuusei perform Gingham Check, UZA or some single and that's as much their song as it is the senbatsu members' song. It's all interconnected and that's the beauty of it.

12. renx2

renx2 Kenkyuusei

First of all, I'm happy about Hazumisaki getting top spot this year. As for next year being the battle between Omoide Ijou and Kareha no Station? No, I wish it'd be a group song or a single.

As for people not happy about Kareha no Station behind Omoide Ijou this year, what's the big deal? It was first for 2 years in a row. Now it's 3rd. Still a great spot. Maybe it would've been first if not for Hazumisaki. Maybe Omoide Ijou could've been first. Who knows? The voting pattern was obviously different this year compared to before.

And then people argue about source of fans for Rena and Jurina. That's such a joke. From the start, Rena and Jurina were placed in AKB senbatsu to bring more attention to SKE. They both have an enormous fan base outside of SKE. Rena even has more solo work than Jurina outside of SKE. And where did Rena get her surge of popularity in early 2010, before even the first SKE48 Request Hour? Most would say her role as Gekikara, an AKB48 drama. No, not an SKE48 drama. And you know what? That's just fine. Rena is Rena. Why do you have to differentiate where the fans came from?

And who are the voters for the SetList? The ones who bought the limited editions of Kiss Datte Hidarikiki. Are these not SKE fans or potential new SKE fans? Some might just be people who only cared enough about Rena and Jurina, but if they cared enough about how they do in SKE event, there is a chance they eventually become SKE fans too. So arguing based on source of fans is just ridiculous. Some might even say short-sighted and narrow-minded.

13. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    TBH, I am not not even pissed at the fact that Kareha was behind Omoide ijou considering I liked that song as well, i'm probably more upset about the circumstances behind their rankings - getting rank 2 or 3 isn't anything worth arguing about in my opinion.

And if I were to be really blunt about what I think, I wouldn't include the current first song into consideration because of the special circumstances behind it, just like SDN48 ranking 3rd place last AKB request hour because of their disbandment. IMO, this year wasn't even a good enough of a match for the top because of the graduation of the Captain, because surely all in of the 50 songs, there'd be some single-vote wotas voting for this instead to support the campaign. Which is why I said that next year would be a lot more interesting if theres no such graduations, just a pure match between Omoide ijou and Kareha to see which can end up topping the request hour - and if the results end with Omoide ijou getting first, so be it, because Jurina deserves it as much as Rena does. And even if the next request hour has a single from either this year or next year ranking, I'd still be celebrating - because this year's singles were actually a lot more impressive than the other 48-groups, and im sure the singles next year will carry on that standard as well.

On overall, I won't lie that this year's request hour was kinda dissappointing for me because of most of the singles ranking so low. But, considering the circumstances of this year's results, I guess it was still very good to see the unity between the fans again in such times to give the Captain a nice send-off gift. Hopefully, the next request hour will have singles ranking a lot higher than this year and have a 'real' match for the top spot between the songs without any campaigns or graduations

14. exists

exists Kenkyuusei

Can someone explain why SKE request hour seems more 'individual' minded compared to AKB? Why didn't their single songs ranked higher? Cause now it just seems like another Jurina vs Rena event which I'm pretty sure is not the purpose.

Anyway happy to see Hazumisaki getting 1st, a good farewell gift for the captain.

15. renx2

renx2 Kenkyuusei

Apparently, with the voting ticket being only in the limited versions of Kiss Datte Hidarikiki, most people who voted were probably the wotas and not the general public/light fans. Also, overall, AKB48 is the national idol, whereas SKE48 is still trying to get there. So again, the portion of votes from the general public/light fans is much lower in SKE48's case compared to wota votes. Light fans would know mostly singles. Wotas mostly want the unit songs.

I think that's how it is, or at least it's part of the reason.

16. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    @reddertar
    Uh personally I want her to be a part of it, why not right? I'm just stating team surprise as an example cause people have been saying Jurina's popularity was of outside help and I just want to point out that Rena is as guilty. Especially considering that both posters wanted a 'level' playing field and yet only use the 'outside' help for Jurina.

---

I'm not pro-Jurina or against-Rena. I just want to set straight the crap that people have been posting. New forumers that are interested into SKE would read the posts contained here would have a biased opinion if I don't put a counter argument in.

17. exists

exists Kenkyuusei

Ah I see. Yeah I guess this kinds proofs that SKE is yet to get their songs out there and they still rely heavily on their fans. I hope next year there will be more variety on top so this 'individual' wars can stop and there's no need for ill feelings at the end.

Thanks for the input. [nod]

18. kokiburi

kokiburi Kenkyuusei

Stay classy Trit'. We wouldn't want anyone to think Ju's white knight (more like Don Quixote here) is anyhting close from a barbarian would we? :hehe:
    It's hard to get you because you're writing gets all messy when you're pissed but I'm going to try and answer simply : sure they are both popular outside SKE, they have been both boosted by MJSK among other things too. And that made them popular in the 48G. Not just among AKB wota. I'm sure today you'll find NMB wota who love Gekikara or others who love Nobunaga and vote for RH to show their support. Probably some voted for Yuria, Non and Kumin too. All good. What is a bit less is the idea of having this number of "new supporters" going through the roof because Aki-P has decided to send her to K and to set her AKB new center. That doesn't exactly compare to a role in a drama or having your image exploited in pacchinko parlors... :fp:
    Ultimately I don't care much about Omoide Ijou ranking just on top of Kareha. I just got the bitter feeling it wasn't much SKE wota doing if the song had progress so much. And that's pretty much what fans complained about last year and the year before for Kareha. Were they right? Maybe. But now my friend, you finally get to taste your own medicine. :blush:

There is a term for what you're trying to pull and it's called "victimize". Nobody is attacking Jurina. :hmm: Saying I wanted Kareha to be 2nd instead of Omoide Ijou because 1) I'm Rena oshi 2) the double position crap and her (unofficial) appointment as AKB center rigged the game and spoiled my fun doesn't equal to attacking J. Read me again carefully, please.

19. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    @kokiburi
    While we're at it let's put this in here too, after all, this is yours right.

Let me quote your tumblr post:

Too bad none of the people against Kareha the past 2 years said anything about Rena getting help from outside of SKE. What was said was that Rena wotas are scarily big in numbers almost to a point that they outnumber SKE wotas 2:1 in voting.

20. kokiburi

kokiburi Kenkyuusei

Yuasa himself said it. [think] That it was because of AKB fans (I don't say "thanks" because he was openly criticizing the result then).

As for the bold text, what? Does it come to a surprise to you that I'm not agreeing with how AKS manages her and seems to hog her for AKB's work ? :D