[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

thanks a lot for the wiki link

now I understand more about the system
    *or not*

2. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

i can smell it. you want hananaru duo, right? <_<

3. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
  4. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'm not familiar with Team B except for Shiho. Who is the babe next to Haruna?
    i've tried to match her face with official member pix but ....never mind...

[​IMG]

5. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

6. haruna_hamasaki

7. Greta

Greta Kenkyuusei

I'm becoming an extreme AKB48 female-wota! Omfg. XD
    *goes back to learn more names*

8. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

9. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

It's her ;) she tend to look a little bit different than her profile picture
    [​IMG]

10. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

I think that official site just gave me a slight epileptic fit....

Most of Team B don't really look like their pictures. They're some shocking profile shots, really. But I think we can say that for most of the girls, not just Team B.

11. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Oh, well of course. I didn't quite understand why you added the "<_<" though.

12. CDevil

CDevil Member

After reading through that H!P survivor thread that cM, Mikitan, Greta, and Haruna bombarded with Yuko AKB48 pics, I've come to the conclusion that MM fans who don't like AKB48 are just being biased and/or just haven't listened to more than a couple of their songs. I mean, I'm a MM fan and have listened to all of their songs etc but to be honest I enjoy AKB48's songs a lot more. I'm sure if MM released Skirt, hirari as a single everyone would love it. And that "AKB48 suck because they only cater to otaku" argument is a load of rubbish...well actually it's true but it doesn't take a genius to see that, they're called Akihabara48. But seeing as their actual music isn't world's apart from any other pop groups, it's not really a valid point against AKB48.

AKB48 FTW!!!!

13. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

I find it silly how the H!P fandom especially likes to portay all AKB48 fans as "super otaku", while they are some of the most overprotective, short-fused, self-centered people that exist. Last time I checked, Morning Musume has lost a LOT of popularity in recent years with the general public. I'd hardly call their fandom any more "normal" than ours, that's for sure.

14. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

Rabid fans of ____ are generally absurdly biased and will defend ____ furiously. I find it funny that the person whose quote you posted in that other thread has deluded herself into thinking that AKB48 is copying Morning Musume (as if female idol groups are a concept pioneered by Morning Musume), or that Morning Musume somehow caters to a different, more refined, crowd. :roll:

I'm surprised she didn't point out some of the dances they do with ~16 people aren't always synchronized, that seems to be a popular anti-AKB48 argument as well.

Trolling a thread in a Morning Musume forum with AKB48 pictures doesn't reflect well on AKB48 fans either, though, and you're just asking for knee-jerk reactions like that.

15. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

You make some pretty good points. Unfortunately, the vocal majority of pretty much any fandom you go to suffers from a real lack of intelligence, connection with reality, or whatever and it just sucks. I've never lasted long at certain other popular forums because I just wanna chat about what I like, not have a monkey shit fight with people on who's better. This place has managed to be pretty much free of that, and I hope this garbage doesn't spew over here. That would suck. :( I hope that we as semi-sane AKB48 fans will set an example and stay away from things like that.

16. CDevil

CDevil Member

Seeing as MM's choreography isn't exactly getting better, that argument probably wore itself out. AKB48's choreographer being MM's old one doesn't help too much either. Another anti-AKB48 argument (if you can call it that) would be about their looks. Hopefully the BINGO PV settled that one, because they all look stunning in that.
    It's a shame to hear that about the other forums, I find the other sections of JPM pretty good though, after all it's where I found this place.

This forum being an AKB48 forum will probably help keep stuff like that at bay, seeing as coming here and proclaiming so-and-so is much better than AKB48 is more or less like stepping into a mine field.

The problem with H!P is that it's been so successful over the years that it's very easy for fans to dismiss others, luckily you won't get that with AKB48, as they started as the 'underdogs' so to speak, so they don't really have much to lose (they can only keep getting better).

17. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

^I actually have an unrelated (to the current topic, anyway,) question about something you mentioned in your post: Everyone's always saying "MM's old choreographer is choreographing AKB48 moves now!" but I thought Natsu-sensei did both...currently. If she's just MM's old choreographer, though, think I must be wrong on this, though--anyone care to shed some light on the subject?

18. CDevil

CDevil Member

I think she's just AKB48's choreographer now.

19. haruna_hamasaki

whatever you guys said, as conclusion, AKB48 PWNS!

i want AKB48 survivor game like h!p one~

20. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

Why does she still appear in Momusu training sequences and auditions, though? Ahh I guess this is going into irrelevant territory, I'm just really curious about whether she's just teaches Momusu now instead of choreographing their stuff, (because she definitely still teaches them at least,) because she's busy with AKB48, or if she works with both. I am a big Natsu-sensei fan.

Personally, I enjoy them both equally, and I agree that the "AKB48 just caters to otaku" argument is bullshit, but it's not fair to say that MM fans who don't like AKB only don't like them because they're biased or whatever. Some people just like Morning Musume's style better. We don't all have the same tastes. (Also, I think it's really childish to bombard an H!P-based thread with AKB48 pictures. Of course, it would also be really childish to cover an AKB48-based thread with H!P pictures. I'm not just directing this at you guys, I see that kind of behavior everywhere, and just overall all of this "my favorite has to be better and if you don't like my favorite it's because you just haven't tried so take this" stuff is really obnoxious.)