[GENERAL] The Hinatazaka46 thread

Discussion in 'General Hinatazaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Hi.

Here are some Ohisama who are saying "Hinatazaka46 have just one Gen because all of them started as a new group", that's why all the Gen suffered a reset (all this is based on Nacho-chan and Otake-chan argument).

But I say, even if they started as a new group, they still using things and songs from Hiragana Keyakizaka as part of Hinatazaka. And that means, they are not a new group, as I think and many of us understood, was just a group rename and the generations have not been restarted. Is true the Senpai-Kouhai relationship is important and valious in our culture, but if Hinatazaka46 members wants and they think about a Gen reset, all of them needs to be agree with that. Including Kage-chan.

• Like Like x 4
  2. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Even if they do a gen reset, the truth will still be that some of the members have been there longer than other members and that Hinanonano is brand new. So they would just be one gen in name, but not in reality.

How can you say (for example) Tomita and 1st gen part of the same generation when Tomita was in the crowd, as a fan, at the 1st anniversary live watching 1st gen perform when being an idol was only a dream for her? The generations aren't just a formality, they represent a real difference in experience.

And different generations can be casual and egalitarian with each other if they want to, or if they feel comfortable doing so. Its not like they need official permission from management to stop using -san. It seems like a lot of Western fans feel like its an injustice that 2nd gen is "forced" to treat 1st gen as their seniors, but the reality is that kouhai often feel just as comfortable with the senpai-kouhai dynamic as the senpai and the kouhai will continue to refer to their senpai with honorifics even when asked not to. And that's fine.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Right… the Ohisama who are saying that are simply wrong, there's nothing ambiguous or subjective about it :^^;: Hinatazaka is not a new group, it was never called, described as, promoted as, or hinted as a new group; it's a continuation of Hiragana Keyaki with a new name. Because one member once said it would be nice to reset in the middle of a conversation while running a mini-marathon… eh, fans certainly have a tendency to overblow things.

All of this, absolutely. Also, the senpai-kouhai relationship is not one-sided, it also comes with obligations from the senpai.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    They can ask management to make a 1st Gen as name, because I know (and happened to me) they will still using the Senpai-Kouhai method. And all is based in respect and education. Nobody can "forced" you to not respect others or to not use the honorific they deserve.

Probably in a near future they will stop using honorifics between this first generations (is something normal when you interacts with your Senpai for long time), but the relationship of respect will be maintained. But the Senpai always have the hard path.

From my side, I love the Senpai-Kouhai relationship.

• Like Like x 5
  5. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I agree all 21 members do need to talk about the gen rest. About Hiragana songs well I understand them still singing them now because they only have 3 group songs as Hinatazaka. I’d still consider them a new group though. I agree with wotas. Thank you for the reply.

Oh I know but that bit about the forced feeling of treating 1st gen as seniors does not apply to me. I just want the gen reset for appearances only. I understand the reality of it all plus the s-k relationship is one of my favourite things about jpop so hmm maybe I’m contradicting myself here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019
  6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

1. I see rumours that they have been off on location doing a drama. There's discussion of whether there is enough time and whether they need more workshopping before recording, etc. Suggestion that it might rather be something for the upcoming new Mechakari ad campaign. I do expect a drama or dramas at some point, though. source

2. I like the idea of all one generation, but that's cultural (my own vs. Japanese). The members have to decide what they're comfortable with. I'm realizing how the senpai/kouhai system works and how comfortable it feels to participants. They have to choose. I definitely feel this is not a totally "new" group, but the name-change has made a difference in various ways, I think: a fresh start, a name all 3 gens get at the same time, the single, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  7. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
  8. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This Japanese matome post says that the members have been shooting something in Okinawa this week, possibly a 2nd single, possibly something else. Okinawa (a "reward" location) and Narita airport. This tweet claims to have seen them in a market in Okinawa and says they were so cute it was almost fatal (死ぬほど可愛). The poster says in another tweet they think the group is there to do a summer single.

This tweet says they saw (or someone saw) a group of very cute girls in the passage between Terminals 3 and 2 at Narita, and saw girls that might have been Katoshi, Konoka, Nao-chan, Hina and Hiyo-tan.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Thank you for the information.

If the 2nd single is a summer single (which seems likely) then I’m ecstatic. Hope it is for a MV shoot

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I should have put the word “rumour" in there in the Okinawa story, but it does seem quite possible. "Strike while the iron is hot," as the saying goes. I'd add that there is some big new campaign with Mechakari coming, so it could also relate to that, I suppose.

And now for something completely different. There's another matome post talking about whether some members of Hiragana might have joined Kanji, before management decided to make the groups completely separate. It shows photos of Kyouko and of Manafi with Keyaki-chans and also a quote from Konno Yoshio (Sony's man in charge): "Basically, (the Hiragana-chans) are also members of the same Keyakizaka46, just performing as a separate group. But Hiragana members who distinguish themselves could possibly move over into Keyakizaka46." (Nikkei Entertainment, May 2017 special edition.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This still fits with our earlier discussion suggesting that it was toward the end of 2017 that they decided to move toward making Hiragana a totally separate group. All the pics look to me as if they are from 2016-17.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Kakizaki Memi and Hamagishi Hiyori will not participate in the Kuroi Hitsuji individual handshake event Monday, because of physical condition. Hiyo-tan has been missing, off and on, for a while. Memi missed Music Station ten days ago. I hope they are getting better.

[​IMG]

This is particularly disappointing/worrying for me personally considering how well Memi has been performing over the past couple of months. As far as I recall, except for her broken wrist, this is the first time she has ever missed anything. She even came back the next day after the flare incident at another handshake event, where she was paired with Techi, whom the guy came to attack. Techi and Shida (next lane) did not come back the next day.

There is a pairs handshake event on Tuesday in which Memi was paired with Miku. This explains why they put two such big draws in the one lane: if Memi can't make it, Miku in a single lane works.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Let's talk pen lights.

Even though I'm an international fan, and might never be able to make it to a concert, I wanted to get a couple pen lights just because I think they're cool. Hinata pen lights seem impossible to find but I have been able to find a few Keyaki pen lights like on eBay. Some questions;
    Do Keyaki pen lights have the same colors as Hinata? Like the "pearl green" and "pearl pink" colors? If so, which Keyaki pen lights started having all of the colors? I remember the first couple of Keyaki pen lights only had like 7 colors. What do the "pearl" colors look like? Darker? Lighter? Is shocking pink the same as hot pink? Where are the member colors listed besides ukifune's blog? Not that I think ukifune's blog is inaccurate but I was wondering where that information is located. Twitter? I'm not very active on twitter.

14. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    • Like Like x 7
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Report on the handshake in the press

"On the 30th, at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Hinatazaka 46 held a national handshake event to commemorate the release of the debut single "Kyun".

In February this year, it changed its name from Keyakizaka 46 (Hiragana-keyaki) to Hinatazaka 46, becoming the first national handshake event."

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 1.26.45 PM.png

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/201904300000501.html

• Like Like x 3
  16. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    With more matome posts discussing Hinata’s 2nd single being a summer one I would really love something similar to Hadashi De Summer.

17. Rev4

Rev4 Member

@hiraganatwice They were taking shots in Okinawa so probably a inevitable Aug release because Keyaki won't release the 9th single until fall and most likely an album will be released very soon. (They are gonna need new songs for their tour).

18. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Feel like 2nd single is coming late July. Oh about this tour why are wotas convinced it’s hapening this year?

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The NHK education TV show "Society and Information" -- with Konoka and Memi -- was on Thursday afternoon. You can see it here. The episode was called: "How far can you believe information on the Net?" Important stuff. And the girls are doing a great job: smart when they should be and not-so-smart when they should be, as well as quite at ease with the host and guests -- especially the ikemen announcer (left). The top left title is "The future of Net Information." The lower title is what they are saying in unison: "Media literacy." Here's the series main page, with links to each show as it airs.

[​IMG]

I'm glad that some international fan besides me is interested in penlights. I find the whole thing pretty great. Helps that amazing sense of crowd unity/participation there often seems to be. And looks good. The Keyakizaka 7th- and 8th-single penlights both have 15 colours, including pearl green, Y3000. But the (sold out) Kyun penlights have 14 colours and no pearl green (they do have "light green"). I really have no idea what the "pearl" colours look like -- or whether they're really distinguishable from "light" colours. Maybe someone who actually goes to concerts can say. (Links are to official goods pages.)

There were complaints earlier this week that there were no Kyun penlights to buy at the handshake/mini-live. One poster made the hopeful suggestion that a second single will be coming fairly soon, so they decided not to make more Kyun penlights. July does seem like a good possibility. If it came sooner, it would probably mean that management is very excited about Hinatazaka.

I can only be about 95% sure about the penlight colours listed on my Hinatazaka members page. I base my info on tables that appear from time to time on 5ch and Twitter -- usually before handshake events or lives -- plus mentions I happen to see via matome sites, etc. But I don't have info I regard as 100% current. HOWEVER, thanks for getting me onto this: I have now found a blog that seems to be keeping track. The most recent list it has is from 14 March. That's eight days newer than the table I based my most recent info on (now updated with two changes). Here's a screencap of the list (but it's all on my Hinatazaka Members Page now -- song colours in the notes at the bottom of the page). The left-hand column is 1gen members, middle 2gen/3gen, and the right-hand column is songs. Click to enlarge.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Kuroi Hitsuji was rumored to release in Dec 2018. With a coupling song on type D like "Gomen ne kurisumasu" I believe it now and with no participation from 2gen Keyaki when 2gen Gana participated "NO WAR in the future" on the 5th single. That leaves us to 5 months without a new single from Keyaki. Four singles from Kaze ni have already been released so it's a high possibility they will announce a second album very soon to be released in June.

I doubt Aki-P has sitting on his chair and not writing any new songs in that period of time. In fact, Aki-P appeared at Chivas Regal Gold Signature Award 2019 on Jan 10 as special judge. Director of Newspick attended this ceremony and said Shibuya and Roppongi are like the West Coast. Aki-P thought that was a good expression. He might compose a song called "West Coast Tokyo". He gets inspiration every day as a lyricist. He understands Sakamichi groups color. He even let Hirate listened to demo songs in early 2018 that didn't fit Keyaki but she liked one of them (Synchronicity) he ended up giving to Nogi and Garasu wo Ware got Keyaki.

Aki-P is a machine so we should not doubt what happens behind the scenes and late July for Hinata's second single is not a bad guess I was only thinking of early Aug but doing shots in Okinawa so soon sounds more July now. People were surprised to see a first album from Keyaki so soon after four singles and we got many brand new songs so why doubt Aki-P's reputation to write songs fast? Remember the sudden first album from Gana in 2018 and even members were shocked by this announcement and didn't expect it.

• Informative Informative x 1