[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Eddypi

Eddypi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    Agree. Just like what I post in Andela (Gen 3) Thread.
    Hope Michelle and Andela can be like Mayu and Yukirin. Haha.
    Looking forward to see them debut together in the theater.
    Photo of them doing Flying Get Direct Selling at Alfamart:
    Temp2.jpg
    Credit to Idolgraphy

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. holcroft

holcroft Kenkyuusei

ratings plummeting after the first couple episodes airs
    most of it because of people who prefer to watch it later in youtube.. or the show was not that interesting to begin with
    since there's no DVR here in indonesia, this also what made the ratings low
    in japan even tho most of the shows aired midnight people could still dvr it and watched it later, and still counted on the viewer? iirc
    then again, niche timeslot like that didn't really care with how many viewer they get..

a very different culture between here and there :D

honestly, i prefer jkt to have skit comedic shows like bimyo rather than shows like the one in trans/jkt (more like a diary).
    since indonesians like comedy shows, imho it'll also make mass would notice the girls and the girls could also learn how to act good (in which i think they seriously lacking this skill lol)

3. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    @mc_shithead oh no...you turned out to be Yamada 'always ahead':^^;:

Yeah...comedy sketch show is good...they tried it on the Flying Get concert and it was good..

4. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    It's about time that Cherrybelle and Sm*sh finally realize their position toward JKT48.

5. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Something like the AKB Show would be a good adaption for JKT48 then, since it includes live and precorded skits / sketches, performances, interviewing and behind-the-scenes footage.

It would also be better for it to be filmed without a live audience, since it would set a better tone and not end up some loud, brash variety program with an obnoxious host.
    That's the other part I would want... let the girls host.

It might be too much responsibility for a network to grant them that though... usually with things like these, idols get entrusted to a veteran host.

(Which, is fine most of the time with the Japanese 48' groups... but I haven't really found a lot of Indonesian hosts I liked with JKT... the closes was Valdo. And, I liked him best during the youtube installments of JKT48 Story, the "off cuts" with him teaching Dhike how to make an omelette or playing around the punchingbag with Kinal.)

All in all, I know it's frustrating for the moment, there was a podcast roundtable I listened to a while ago when the host discussed the importance of a regular TV for idol groups.
    Think of all the things we know, on a one dimensional level, about AKB48 members... based on AKBingo!
    Takamina as the fail queen reputation is roughly based on an episode of the show where Sae complained about Takamina's MCing habit of introducing a story funnier than it actually was. That kind of thing lurks in people's minds... and then six years later, Miichan makes fun of Karen and it alluded to her sharing Takamina's similar trait.
    Acchan the big eater, Mariko-sama is possibly a sadist, Yukirin is a reaction genius, more members than you think can't skip properly... those things have a way of capturing people's interest and imagination and taking on a life of its own.

AKB Show or AKBingo-type would be the cheapest to produce most likely, both shows require one large closed set where episodes could be filmed back-to-back. Traveling costs could be slashed because it would be in the one location. Hopefully someone can look at those as a model of how to tailor a show for a large-member group, interaction and competition between the members being key.

Nogizakatte doko, another one, filmed on the one set for the most part, episodes are sometimes two-parters and all they're about is learning about the members and their habits.
    Shows about surveying what they think about each other, or what the staff or the latest generations think about members. Phone calls to parents and siblings to verify a funny behavior, etc. Competitions involving food, which members are the best actors.

It took about, 2 years for AKB48 to get AKBingo! In a way, it does make sense why JKT haven't gotten their own long-running staple show, it's not like AKB automatically had an "in" either, they had to build to one. (Okay, having Aki-P at the helm is a huge advantage.)

6. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Sorry to double-post, but above is a wall of text I ended up writing and I didn't want to add more to it.

What do you mean? Like, co-habitation benefits?

7. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    @kurisu, Bingo!!! I mean this is not bad thing, share benefit to all side.
    In case of regular TV show(AKBingo for example), that show make me think that i know about member's character and feel close to them even though only watch it from TV.
    I want JKT have that kind of TV show too

IdollingxAKB48

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  8. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    They can do a joint episode like AKB48 vs MOMUSU or Idoling!! Vs AKB....

JKT vs Cherrybelle.. That would definitely raise ratings since both fans will watch the show....

About host if not the girls...Valda is a good choice so far...i like Dedy Corbuzier too...he can adapt in every show with any kind of people...

9. block

block Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    I vote for Dedy Corbuzier, but i don't think he will interested in mc-ing something like this..

10. RacerMCMXCVII

RacerMCMXCVII Kenkyuusei

Isn't the hosts on AKBINGO! a comedy duo? Maybe we can do that...

What will they call it? JKTango!?:lol:

11. GorinGo

GorinGo Kenkyuusei

Somehow if the girls would ever have their own show that's needing a host, Gading Marten would make a good host imho.
    He was the host during the hs/meet and greet session with Takahashi Minami in Jakarta back in 2011.

Reasons:
    - He seemed to be quite knowledgeable about 48 family, which mean either he knows a thing or two about or even familiar about it or he's done his homework before hosting the event.
    - He asked good questions. Relevant and interesting.
    - He can make some smart and funny jokes--quite a rare quality these days..
    - His interaction with Takahashi Minami was quite good--he's respectful toward her and I give him a lot of credit because of that.
    - He seems to be able to carry himself naturally and make a good connection toward her during the event and even manage to get her to follow along with his jokes despite the language barrier.

If he could do so well a job hosting the event, I think he could make a strong candidate for hosting JKT48's show.

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    hmmm...if JKT going to make a tv show like AKBingo with a comedy duo as the host,the result is AKB purist fans, especially in Indonesia will be angry and bash the group..that's for sure...

btw.. KIII girls are trying to promote themselves by making a daily short video series called JKT48K3DIARY via G+.
    should we make a thread for it or just leave it here?

13. RacerMCMXCVII

RacerMCMXCVII Kenkyuusei

^Maybe a no discussion thread? All the videos get posted in that thread and you can discuss them here...

14. mc_shithead

mc_shithead Kenkyuusei

the K3 diary is a very brilliant idea (Yona is surely creative;);), altho it was initially only a practical joke between her and Viny), but it's better to leave it here, making another thread without anyone update it seems only a waste of space. Unless all of K3 members already made the video, and a gentle heart administrator will be willing to compile it into one thread :) I also think that, nowadays, watching K3 members activity is more interesting than watching J members (the flower buds finally blooms beautifully :) :) ).
    So now we have Yona, Viny, Hanna and Ayen. And surprisingly all of them made into top 16 at the 2nd announcement :cool::cool:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  15. holcroft

holcroft Kenkyuusei

bold part = i agree on this. let the girls host, let them hone their MC skills. girls with good MC skill should be the main host (jeje is the first that come in my mind but somehow her MC is a bit wild and not rly suitable for tv broadcasting LOL)
    melody is a good talker but watching her on some shows i can't help but thinking that her choice of words are rather lame and used too often lol

AKBshow-like show is a good idea! rather than do just a plain variety like AKBingo.
    or they could do what shukan akb in early days did. traveling around jakarta, trying some food (gekikara challenge, anyone? lol), anything!
    but then again, it's hard to gain trust from the tv producers. try watching jkt school with the low budget games. AKBingo games are sadly a bit complicated :(

about the host, according to this quote
    why only blamed the purists?

thing about the hosts here, the culture between here and there are sadly very much different. we can't expect the show to be helmed by comedian like badboys or speedwagon; you can't deny the fact that here in indonesia, MCs like olga etc are the one that received well by the viewer. and you do know that indonesia still have many witty and good MCs, right? haha but then again, they might be unsuited for the show.

hence, the girls should do the hosting themselves (two birds with one stone, right?)

all in all, i agree that JKT had to have their show ASAP. those faraway fans crave to watch the girls outside their music performances. the girls also have to show their skills, their personality, and they have to change their goals rather than okay that being a jkt member = performing in theater only.

16. leongekicau

leongekicau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I would say I agree to this. Just as you said I have a hard time to see pure JKT48 show. It is due to the cost of making that show would far outweight the gain they would get. I would say that the show could only start if JKT48 tv shows had been successful and considering their track record, I have a hard time to see it coming through any time soon. After all their popularity in Indonesia hasn't stagnated yet so why they should force themselves to make a show which is still in the ?

Must be said again that JKT48 still a Profit based company. Thus I can't see it viable until the fans start to leave them for whatever reasons. personally in that case imo they would just disband it.

Unless some tychoon got interest to make the show just for the kick and don't mind the loss or gain.

17. ken

ken Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The girls really really really need a show for themselves. I mean it's getting boring to only see them performing their song at the music show. How would the audiences who do not know them get interested if they only doing the performance. They can't do many things like in the theater. The fans that watched them at the theater would know their oshimen better cause the girls showed their true character more at the theater. But what about the audiences at their houses? Will they see that? Unfortunately, not all of them will have their chances to advertise themselves. Only certain members would do that often like Melody, Haruka, Kinal, Yupi or Naomi. Personally, for me I like 48G since I saw their show AKBingo although I think the show is the continuation of their old show but with new fresh idea and concept. They really caught my attention with many girls appearing on the show. Their first episode just to do the AKB profile but in interesting way. They include some interesting facts and some of them just being made up but funny like their name A = Akarukute (cheerful) K = Kawaikute (adorable, cute) B = Babaa (old lady). Since that, they doing many different segments and games that interesting. I think that JKT48 School and JKT48 Mission were really good idea rather than JKT48 Diary but they need a good planned games and segments and also more interesting games. The things like their experiences and stories could be included in their own show like what AKB doing. I mean the story like those will only becomes interesting in one or two episodes but it will becoming boring if they continuously showed it to the audiences. I'm not expecting the girls doing the same show like AKB but at least they have their own distinctive show for them. Doing their own missions or maybe some skits (although AKB have Bimyo). I don't know about their track records but I think the show like that would definitely helping them in boosting their popularity throughout the country and increases their record tracks.

18. leongekicau

leongekicau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Nah I mean their tv show could be regarded as failed. JKTSchool is interesting but looks cheap. JKT Mission is interesting sometimes but lack the ratings and stability on the show. While JKT story wasn't so interesting and lack the ratings. In the end ratings can be called god in the industry. and with their relative failure on their tv show it is hard to find people who want to invest in their show

IMO it is the best to take a comedic approach like Bimyo or do what they did in the past like sending people to do OVJ skit or other type of tv shows. The question is will JOT let the newbies do that? or will those tv show employ them at whatever their cost to do show. I assume with the rising popularity, so does their cost to join other shows.

19. ken

ken Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Isn't 48 Girls are idols that growing throughout their idol career. They would not matured unless they were given opportunity to do so. But anyway, its up to JOT to decide that either they will stay as they are now or move forward. I think they could do more than they're doing right now. It's just that they need a good organizer (director) to show their potential in variety show.

20. leongekicau

leongekicau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    So very true! IMO the current JOT still acting like a headless chicken