[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

You got 'okay' from me.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    My quarrel with just digital only sales is that they only release one song at a time which leaves out half the members. I miss unit songs, Under's (especially), solos, duos, etc. I think that's why I crave a physical CD.

I know how you feel wanting to get back on the 3 song a year track -- 3x more Nogi goodness. Also maybe it would feel like a return to normal. Which is highly doubtful as this 3rd wave in the US is rising at the horizon and looks to blot out the sun.

The rona has changed the landscape worldwide I'm hoping we can get through this without much of a setback for our favorite idols.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    The trouble with Aki-P is both that he's both got his finger in too many pies, and he's like a kid with ADD - easily distracted by the next shiny thing to come along. Which is how you get badly written Nogizaka and AKB songs, but much better songs for his more recent projects, the fantastic 22/7 for example.

I mean, it's great news that we're getting a new single in two months - but cross your fingers it's not gonna be Route246 II: Electric Wow Wow Wow Wow.

4. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

It's easy to get distracted to side-projects when the fans of your established ones spend their time complaining about how stale the product is but at the same time reject every new avenue that's explored

5. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

Are fans the problem then? Or is there a possibility that Route 246 just wasn't as well received, particularly by English-speaking fans, due to the awkward lyrics?

Perhaps another question to ask is if Aki P even cares about what fans think as long as the group continues to hit that 1,000,000 mark?

6. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

"Building a New Future "
    Mgt building the hype but if it still Asuka center , that would dehype what theyre building these past weeks

Mgt should go with Zukki or Sakura.
    IMG_20201114_041032.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

Well, Route 246 would never sell 1mil units being a digital single regardless of how good you'd like the song to be, so I'm not sure what tangent you're aiming for this time

8. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

You implied that Aki P has chosen to focus on his side projects because fans don't seem to know what the they want. A good song should still be well-received even if it's experimental, right?

Since you treated Route 246 as a single that should count towards "my quota" in the previous discussion, a big name like Nogi should be able to sell a million copies or in this case a million downloads like their usual singles, right? Or are you going with the technicality that Route 246 won't hit that million mark simply because it's a "digital release"? If that's the case then Route 246 shouldn't count towards my quota either, right?

I'm merely questioning if Aki P cares much about the quality of the music Nogi puts out so long as they continue to generate plenty of money.

9. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

You said you were disappointed they only released 3 singles in 2 years and hoped they went back to the usual 3 singles in 2021, and when someone reminded you they couldn't release more because the pandemic didn't allow them to hold their handshake events you said there are other ways of releasing music such as digitally, to which I replied that they did in fact release 2 digital singles, which added to the 1 physical single from earlier this year makes up the 3 you were hoping to get but seemingly didn't
    If you want to change the argument to song quality for the nth time, all I'll say is that there are quite a few idol groups out there releasing far worse and more formulaic songs and yet their fans don't make a point of reminding everyone on a daily basis of how terrible everything it is and mocking the product like some of the "fans" that have been hanging around here as of late

10. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

The release of the new single in January means that the group is capable of releasing a single without a handshake event and that's why I've questioned the lack of a traditional single for the latter half of this year (still not sure why they only released 2 last year). Again, a digital single like Route 246 isn't comparable to the traditional singles because they don't feature multiple songs that involves members that aren't part of that senbatsu. The disappointment basically stems from the lack of content that traditional singles would normally bring and combination of different senbatsu lineups that we could have already seen.

If the pandemic lingers, relying on handshake events isn't a viable business approach, is it? If you're content with one-off digital singles, that's perfectly fine but I see nothing wrong in hoping for the return of 3 traditional singles that aren't just reliant on handshake events to become a reality.

I'm with you on individuals consistently just whining but if the quality the songs were up to par with past singles, there would probably be less complaining. Fans shouldn't just have to eat up everything the group puts out or give the product nothing but praise. That would be boring and they'd be nothing but sheep. It's possible to be a fan and still be critical of the group's product and direction, within reason.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

100% certain that this single will have an online handshake event, like what Sakura and Hinata have done.

12. fornogichu

fornogichu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nakamoto Himeka
    I believe Nogizaka has already been holding online handshaking events or something similar as Shinuchi mentioned it on ANN. I could be remembering it wrong though.

13. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

if the video does not show watch the video here
    I'm too lazy to post this amazing covers in each sakamichi thread. :hehe: maybe someone posted it early?

14. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    7-Eleven and Nogizaka46 game NogiKoi will have a collaborative drama NogiKoi Days, which will be delivered from 16 November 2020 to 6 December 2020, following is NogiKoi Days' digest video:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Yeah they have, and they will do so for the upcoming single as well. It took a while to get this system up and running though, which is another explanation why we had to wait for a traditional single for a while.

16. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    i hope the 26th singles senbatsu announcement will be held at their studio not on their dance studio or something like conference room.

17. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    At least we haven't had any graduation announcements so we know this probably isn't anybody's last single since those two - single and grad announcements - so often go hand in hand.

18. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Well.. if this single is centered by 1st gen aside from Asuka, it could be followed by another announcement..

19. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

Just goes to show how little people need to know to start an argument about something in this forum

20. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

Care to elaborate on that?

I'm happy to accept reasonings like the clashing of the reboot of a sister group or the yet to be completed development of an online meet & greet system as answers to the lack of at least one more single in 2020.

Last I checked, this forum is open to the expression of our thoughts, so obviously there will be disagreements and debates. If you're far more knowledgeable about the decisions made by Nogi's management, by all means go ahead give a lecture. I'm sure many of us in this forum would be happy to learn the justification for why the group does certain things. Or is criticism of the group limited to those who know all about the inner workings of Nogizaka?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1