[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

1st Anniversary Asobu Dake Quiz

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    ^ Second half on Nogi Douga (paid streaming subscription service)

3. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 2
  4. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    can't wait to see the CMs

Cheers!

6. LowkeySogger

LowkeySogger Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    During the stay at home period two years ago when they did remote filming of Nogichuu, did any of the girls mention that she goes against the flow by going out more instead of being cooped up at home ? It would be cool if some girls did the opposite by going out more while other members obediently stay at home, and stay at home while others go out instead. For Keyaki, it seems none of the girls did, despite their cool "going against the flow" image :glare:.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Why would they willingly open themselves for backlash lol.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    They did not.

Any rebellious image* is completely ersatz just to “look cool”, otherwise they are completely… obedient? Normal respectful members of society, and are expected to be such.

In fact it could be argued that due to the nature of the idol industry (having to live up to the girl next door archetype and the love ban) they actually have a conservative image/theme.

*By this I mean any kind of rebellious sentiment, not just Keyaki’s fairly extreme version.

11. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/00336bd440dcc1dfc72c64656aa6211c64b7303f?page=1
    According to this article, Nogizaka46 is going to have a new "official rival" aside of AKB48 from Aki-P.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. fornogichu

fornogichu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nakamoto Himeka
    This feels kinda late. I think a year or 2 ago this would've been more interesting but with the arrivals of 5ki and their immense presence(Most of them look like they'll be monstrously popular in the next few years), I dont see how well a rival group would work specifically at this point in time. Even though Nogi had a couple of years of turmoil, they also had a monstrous line-up for the 1st gen to help carry them through. Unless they find another Maiyan/Hashimoto/Matsun I wonder how well the rival group would fare. Also Avex doesnt have the best track record with female idols.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

It's Aki-P what do we expect, of course he's making another one. With the official rival bullshit again that even the members hate,we know from Akb-Nogi it will depends how much the new group take a bite and either way they will already have their position with the title. How far they will climb depends on their songs and members obviously,that will decide how many fans would jump.

I agree even though 1/2ki will be gone soon but with current members especially 5ki, Nogi will still have a very stable position for 5 more years. And if no more scandals or controversy during that time, Nogi will be fine even longer.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. ric_cr

ric_cr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Uemu - Kyoko - Aruno oshi
    if this ends up being real, the message of saying "Nogizaka new rival group" is that AKB48 IS DEAD? It has been talked about for a long time that AKB is in a very bad situation and they don't have the capacity to fight against the 46G and I guess they don't know how to rebuild it without changing it so much (I imagine that they do not do it out of mere pride, but if they could) in order to keep up with the 46G, and the simplest thing is to form a new rival group, I imagine it would be an IZ*One 2.0.

15. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    The only thing I wonder is: will he name it "something-44".

16. ric_cr

ric_cr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Uemu - Kyoko - Aruno oshi
    Correct it should be that way "name44", this only means that Akimoto confirms that the 46G did surpass the 48G and are currently on top and that is why someone must try to surpass the 46G now, which in this case should be the 44G.

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Honestly I never saw it as "AKB is the rival of Nogi" but just as "Nogi is the rival of AKB", I mean that it was all about Nogi surpassing AKB and not AKB getting the #1 spot back again, it wasn't meant to be a rivalry where it would go on for years and they fight each other to see who comes at the top. This wouldn't work anyway... AKB reached the top more than 10 years ago and then Nogi reached the top like 5 years ago, they won't go back to the popularity that they had during their peak. This is the same for any other group out there. Once you reach such a big popularity in the whole country, you can't reproduce it. The public won't suddenly get crazy once again for a group that they already know and that they associate with specific members (who are all graduated)... the best these groups can do is to keep a good level of popularity which I guess is what they're doing now. Nogi is still doing really well obviously.

So the AKB and Nogi rivalry is already over. Even though AKB did that show last year with the Nogi title, about being surpassed by Nogi and having to counter-attack, they actually didn't have anything special in the show and ended it quite fast. it's just the reality of idol groups, AKB became the top group after Morning Musume, Nogi became the top group after AKB, and now another group will someday rise in popularity and become the top group. So Aki-P is probably doing this new project so that the next big thing can be once again one of his groups.

If they take this seriously and do good promo and everything, it could work, and that group can be big for the next 10 years until another group (by Aki-P or not) gets popular and so on.

But yeah who knows what's the plan and if this can actually work. Aki-P debuted other projects in recent years but it was different than 4846 style and it didn't get so popular. if this new project is really like another version of 4846 (group with generations, with a big first gen with good members, similar shows, music, promo etc.) then maybe it can have results.

Anyway this will definitely create drama in the fandoms though lol. it would be nice if there was another thread to discuss about this project but I'm not sure in which section it should be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

With rumors of members transfer, we just need to realize it just a repeating cycle at this point. Guy is 64 years old and still not finish with his money making idols projects, just feels bad for the members that will have no say on it and just get swept around the bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    I come from KPOP late 2018 after being deadass bored with KPOP & intrigued with JPOP through AKB participation in Produce48,
    and when I discover Nogizaka, completely fall for their concept & musicality.

Like, TAKAHIRO implore about Sakamichi, Nogizaka as a group is one that depict ideals and I wholeheartedly agree with him.
    Nogizaka concept that depict 'a lady' is the peak I could imagine as an ideal, not to mention their affinity with Bananaman in variety (which I heavily favor).

I love Nogizaka because of how elegant their attire are, the beauty & proper amount of reservedness of their members also their songs that can touch one's heart.
    For me, everything is hitting that perfect thin line in Nogizaka, something that neither KPOP or other group have.

If what he aims is some idol group to pursue global interest, I doubt I'd be interested, all in all, I don't see myself being attracted to whatever he's planning.
    The only reason I'm losing interest in Nogizaka is if the group cease being themselves.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Anticipating him picking another short hair girl as center and try to resurrect his favorite *now demised* group [hehe]
    If you failed twice, third time maybe a charm

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1