1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, May 17, 2014.

1. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    Lets share!
    1. How did you get to know about Nogizaka46?
    2. How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?

I'll start the ball rolling! :D

I read briefly about the formation of an idol group of AKB48 from tokyohive (a news website for japan's showbiz), back then I was not a fan of AKB yet and didn't pay much attention to this article.

1 week before Nogizaka's debut single was release (14 Feb 2012), I happened to notice Ikoma, Ikuta, Maiyan on London Hearts ladies sports meet special, and noticed Ikoma and immediately bought their single and followed them and watched nogidoko :D

2. purmion

purmion Kenkyuusei

I also read about their formation for the first time from tokyohive. At that time I was interested in idols generally, and the group seemed pretty interesting with all that 'official rivals of AKB48' stuff. Watched the first Nogidoko episode, was hooked and been following since then. :p

3. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    1. On Tumblr, I ran into three attractive girls' photos and got curious as to who they were and where they were from. These 3 girls were Eto Misa, Ikuta Erika and especially Shiraishi Mai. I found out that these 3 girls were a part of a J-pop group called Nogizaka46, which I was curious about.

2. How I became a fan of Nogizaka46 involved discovering their songs at random. The first being "Oide Shampoo" because of the controversy added on it. It was a good song yet a weird video, and the group overall had very, very beautiful girls. Most of which were my age, which is huge since I was a serious Ebisu Muscats fan. However, since the group was disbanding in 2013 and most of the girls in that group were 3-9 years older than i was (I take this seriously btw), that's probably why I paid so much attention to Nogizaka. Today, they are my #1 favorite J-pop group, and I have some Nogizaka merch like their photobook, a Maiyan poster and a bunch of Maaya photos.

4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I first knew about Nogizaka when they were about to debut, as AKB's rivals. I didn't really get interested in them at first. But I still took a look at some of their things from time to time, I watched their Aitakatta Pv for Acchan (and to compare with the original, lol). Then I noticed Ikuchan. Again, it's because I find her alike to Acchan back then, lol. I tried to know more about Ikuchan and she became my favorite, and the only member I bother to get to know XD then later they released Seifuku no Mannequin and I find it awesome, however it took 2 more singles for me to turn into a real fan.

During Girl's Rule, I loved the song, Pv, outfits, everything! and that's when I decided to know everything about them... For the next weeks I watched all their videos, read anything about them, search everything, etc. It was so easy to remember all their names (well, I already remember the popular ones before though). I also became a huge fan of Maiyan. She's just perfect in every possible way >.<!! So I consider myself a Nogi fan for almost a year now! but for Ikuchan I was a fan for longer though. and I also like their music since before. but I only learned everything about them since Girl's Rule :3

Anyway it's safe to say Ikuchan and Maiyan play a big part to why I became a fan of Nogi. :blush:
    The group itself is awesome too, with fun shows, great songs, lots of interesting members...

5. cheza28

cheza28 Kenkyuusei

I first heard about then when I was searching Acchan's info... and saw that she participated in Aitakatta Kamoshirenai...

became a fan because of Barrette PV and Sonna Baka na PV....
    of course now I went after the previous songs and searched nogi shows....

6. rainbowsprinklechan

rainbowsprinklechan Kenkyuusei

My friend showed me NOGIBINGO because I already liked AKB and I was interested on their variety show. After that I became a fan

7. ronald.

ronald. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurasayuri
    I was an AKB fan and into idol groups generally. I had no interest in Nogizaka46 because I thought their first 2 singles were weird, their PV and costumes were horrible, so I made a quick conclusion that this group was 'meh' and nothing compared to AKB and/or 48 family.

One day my laptop's hard drive was almost full so I deleted some unused files to save some space. I found Guru Guru Curtain PV and I thought I could watch it for the last time before I delete it. I watched it and God knows I couldn't delete it......
    I realized that these girls are sooo pretty! IMO their average beauty is higher than AKB's. I decided to give these girls another chance. I searched for videos, learned names, etc. But at the moment I did not consider myself a fan.

Hashire Bicycle was released, this song was really great, but I thought the PV was still weird.
    Seifuku no Mannequin, didn't like the song, but I admired the cool dance and PV.
    And then Kimi no Na wa Kibou came, BAM! the song was perfect, lyrics were superb, their voice was great (these girls can sing!), the PV was beautiful. I started to watch their shows, dang, these girls are funny and their personalities are great!

I was a fan since then and Nogizaka46 is the only idol I follow now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ahjuju

Ahjuju Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    At the time of Nogi's debut my focus was primarily only on AKB and k-pop/k-indie. I didn't really think much of the "rival group" and I didn't really like their first two single. However, I decided to check on them again during Hashire Bicycle - loved the b sides. My favorite nogi song is Sekkachi na Katatsumuri, and it is the song that I saw performed on nogidoko and on an FMV on youtube.

My first reaction when watching the nogidoko performance was....WOW WHO IS THIS GIRL SINGING OPENING LINES. Maiyan's voice was just beautiful and she was beautiful and then the following members that sang were beautiful too. I'm so happy I decided to check back on Nogi, I could have honestly missed Nogizaka's growth and early days! From there I began watching all nogidoko eps and whatever videos I could get my hands on. I learned the members' names in a matter of a few days lol and I have been hooked ever since.

9. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    ^boy seems like a great many of us became fans around HashiBiku xD

I first saw Ngzk on the Oricon chart lol. I was like "What on earth is this group with such a peculiar name? Don't seems like a sister group but the naming style lol." First Nogi-girl to caught my attention was Hoshimina. I didn't rly pay much attention to them until Hashire! Bicycle tho, mainly cuz of the song. Then I start following NogiDoko & it goes from there lol. I do think NogiDoko is instrumental in pulling fans into Ngzk, as from what I have seen a great many fans became one as a result of the show. ^ ^

I must say tho, the earlier costumes & choreography (especially the choreography) I rly do think were more of a drag than plus. Always seems like a great number of fans dislike the choreography a lot lol, & it prolly seems super weird for non-fans. In fact it gave me so much second-hand embarrassment that I never felt like I could talk about Ngzk to friends lol (& I cringe myself at some of the choreo at times lol.) Fortunately its not a problem now since Garuru. I said it many times alrdy, but once again, I can't stress how glad I am that Minami Sasuga is gone for good!!! \(^o^)/

(Still can't believe how much Ngzk paid her per choreo. orz )

10. hewitt

hewitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    1. How did you get to know about Nogizaka46?
    Prior to their debut, someone was making a thread about N46 in an indonesian music forum. interested in its tagline "official rival group of AKB48"
    2. How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?
    through Oide Shampoo. i did listen to Guruguru, but at that time it didn't get my attention yet. after watching that akbingo episodes where Sashi's Soredemo Suki da yo battles against Oide Shampoo and N46 beats Sashi on the first day sales, i thought that 'whoa, these girls really got something'. Then i started checking out Oide Shampoo's PV, and instantly fell in love with it.​

11. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    They revealed how much they paid Minami sasuga? how much o.o

12. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    There was this show where they discuss income, & Minami Sasuga was one of the guest. I didn't saw the show myself, but I saw screencaps. Iirc, she said she was paid five million yen, per choreography! She looked proud showing that off from the screencaps I saw too lol orz

13. Yuritan

Yuritan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Okay, this will be long winded, but bear with me!

I used to be really into Jpop, but I drifted away from it for a couple years. Eventually I got caught by the Kyary Pamyu Pamyu viral craze and decided I wanted to jump back in and discover new Jpop artists and listen to some of my old favorites. Morning Musume was one of my favorite groups back then and I became a fan when Tanaka Reina first joined in the 6th generation. I was surprised to find out that she already graduated and that Michishige was the only one left in the group that I remember from when I used to listen to them. Then I got into another Hello! Project group called C-ute and Suzuki Airi was my favorite for quite a while. I was pretty much loyal to H!P related things because they were the first idol groups I got into. I despised AKB48, who seemed like the H!P rival, because there was 'too many of them' and it seemed like they were always in bikinis doing fan-service.

One day, while reading up on H!P news--and I don't quite remember how it happened--I found the PV for Girl's Rule. I was blown away by the production quality of it. Everything looked amazing, and I wished that C-ute had PV's that looked that cool, because honestly, thinking about it now, H!P PV's are kind of low budget compared to NGZ46 stuff. Also I remember thinking that the girl in the center that they seemed to focus a lot on was super cute! This was before I knew about things like centers and oshimen. Despite liking the choreography and cinematography of the Girl's Rule PV, I didn't really like the song at the time and wrote them off as 'just being another weird AKB sister group'.

I ended up ditching the whole idol scene for a bit because I thought the 'idol wars era' was really weird and 'fake'. Some time passed, and I stumbled across the promo picture for Barrette on the last.fm page for NGZ46 and read about how they're the 'official rival of AKB48', which was weird because I thought, 'well aren't they produced by the same people?' But because I disliked all things AKB48, I got curious, so I ended up downloading all their singles from jpopsuki and listened to them over and over again since 'I had nothing else to listen to'. The songs started to grow on me and so I decided to look more into them. I looked on jpopsukitv and found out that they had a new PV released that day. It was Kodoku Kyoukai and so I started watching it.

This was the turning point for me.

Once I again I was blown away by how cool everything looked. Except this time I was instantly hooked by the song. Also, I thought that 'the two girls in it look amazing, I must figure out who they are!' I started reading the NGZ46 wikis, I started watching more PVs and lives, and the ball just started rolling from there. I figured out that the girl who caught my eye in Girl's Rule and Kodoku Kyoukai was Maiyan and she eventually became my Oshimen. I started watching Nogidoko and learned more about the other members. I liked that they weren't fanservicey like AKB48 and that they seemed like a respectable and awesome idol group. Every song grew to have more meaning for me instead of me just 'passively' liking them like before. Even Girl's Rule became one of my favorite songs!

It took me a long time to get into NGZ46, but it was totally worth it in the end and I'm glad that I'm here. ^__^

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  14. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    Wow 50k usd per chereo .. her Nogi chereo I quite liked but I doubt she should be paid that high..

Hi five I used to be a hello pro fan too until Maeda yuuka graduated

15. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    Here's my story

I was a fan of AKB, started from they released Beginner. I followed AKB. That's how I knew Nogizaka. Because Aki-P create what he called "AKB's official rival". I watched Guru Guru Curtain PV and immediately like it. I love the song). Guru-guru Curtain gave me the vibe of classic feeling, I was really into it. And all the girls were so cute in the PV. I was deeply in love with the B-side, Ushinaitakunai kara. The song, the PV, everything is perfect for me. From their debut single, I started to love Nogizaka. I listen to their song but didn't really follow them. I didn't watch NogiDoko at that time.

Nogi 2nd single, Oide Shampoo. I like the song so much. I ever listened to the song 5 hours nonstop without feeling bored. LOL. Nogi 3rd single, Hashire! Bicycle. Not really into the A-side. But, really love the B-side. Seifuku no Mannequinn and Kimi no wa Kibou are amazing!

Nogizaka kept releasing awesome singles. While AKB keep releasing sucks singles and PV. At a moment I felt "Okay, I'm done with AKB"

After that I focusing only to Nogizaka. Their 6th single Girl's Rule is so good. I started to watched NogiDoko in marathon. This show is so good. Even small talks can be so interesting (thanks to Banana Man). In a episode, where they held campaign for the release of their debut single. They gave tissue to people which is not know about the group yet. And, I forgot who's the members, but they also giving the tissue during snow. Somehow, I was really touched and felt "Ah, I want to support this group". I watched Nogibingo also.

I started to searched for Nogi pics for magazine. I used to enjoy AKB's bikini gravure.But, seeing Nogizaka's "pure" image, I'm totally love it. It even made me think that bikini gravure is cheap. LOL. I downloaed their live performance/concert. Maybe Nogizaka isn't strong performer like SKE or NMB, but their live is enjoyable. Well, basically, I like all of their songs.

Now, Nogizaka is the only artist that I follow. I'm in a state where I'm addicted to Nogizaka and can't live a single day without listening to their songs. And I have no regret.

16. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

I've been into J-pop for a long time. The first group I got into was Morning Musume in 2006, when 'Ambitious' was their newest single and 'Skirt Hirari' was one of the first j-pop songs I heard. From then I always followed AKB a bit and had a favorite member (Tomochin) but it was when 'Iiwake Maybe' was released that they overtook MM and H!P for me. I never really followed sister groups much but I knew of them and knew of the Nogizaka46 audition as it happened. Right from their debut I followed them a bit more than the sister groups, which was fairly random decision initially. Rather than fading back, this initial interest grew to the point where by early last year Nogizaka was my clear favorite group after AKB. It was 'Girl's Rule' with Maiyan center that pushed them over for me and I haven't looked back (admittedly AKB losing Tomochin may have had something to do with it). While my interest in AKB48 and sister groups has seriously waned in the last year i'm getting more and more into Nogizaka who are far and away my top J-Pop group right now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. monomark

monomark Kenkyuusei

I first heard about Nogizaka from the first official announcement that touted them as AKB's official rival. This was before any of the girls were revealed and there was a lot of speculation on different forums as to what this new group's sound and image would be like. I think a lot of us thought that they were going to be really different from AKB (or idols in general - like they we're going to be "cool" or really Western or something) so it was surprising, to say the least, when we got the first preview of Guru Guru for that chocolate candy campaign and it sounded typically idol-ish. I liked the song well enough but wasn't "wowed" or anything.

It wasn't until Oide that I considered myself a fan, because by that time, I had listened to Guru Guru enough that I grew to appreciate it for what it was and also started to form attachments to the girls themselves. It's with Oide that I really understood what Nogizaka is (and what they aren't) and also when I started to buy their CDs. :)

18. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    I remember when the announcement of the group was made but right after that I paid zero attention to the group. I even missed their debut single (which I haven't even heard) & all I knew was that guru guru curtain reached no.2 in the oricon charts. and then I stumbled upon oide shampoo's PV. needless to say, I fell in love (esp. cause kanarin immediately caught my eye.) I've been following them since. they definitely give a ojousama vibe that was very appealing

19. Maji!?

Maji!? Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    I actually only became a fan because I'd run out of subtitled AKB shows to watch, so I thought I'd give Nogizaka a go. Really glad I did, they remind me of all the things I liked about AKB back in the old days; great team spirit, lots of great members all with distinct personalities. I also like the fact that management haven't had time to mess them around in the same way they have done the other 48G groups. Checking them out was one of the best random choices I ever made, if I had to make a top 10 of my favourite 48G/Nogizaka members, at least half would be Nogizaka members.

• Like Like x 1
  20. コナタszmy

コナタszmy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    long time no post lol

i was curious on how it will turn out, i mean the "rival thing". First i was an akb fan but later got tired of their stuff. (but tbh i got more interested with nogi thats why i abandoned akb lol). it was a hot topic on our local forum, we are all like: "this is definitely just for trolling group", when official site was up, picked my oshi at first sight. then done!, the hype was only at first, never bothered following them since the hype went down.

then it was reported that they have their own version of aitakatta plus cameo of acchan, hype went up again. i checked gurukaten, it was cute but that Ushinaitakunai pv was the thing that pushed me to follow this group. I became a fan after gurukaten single. :)