Imaizumi Yui (Zuumin) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I wonder if Zuumin has a strong or cool enough image/personality to be center? I can't really see her leading the group in that way. She's talented, sure, but image-wise she doesn't grab as much attention as Hirate does.

2. Hououin Pic

Hououin Pic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    With Keyaki's current image, fans just might rebel if she's put centre. But I do think she's an important part of the group, in time I think she will develop a strong enough presence to be able to centre Keyaki.
    Side note - I myself was drawn in by Hirate, I simply had to know who she was after seeing KataruNara, so naturally I had to find out about the group and here I am...(pardon the cliché).
    As much as I like her, I don't think Zuumin could have pulled me into the group like that

3. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Personally I don't want that she will center the next single. Keyaki is to young for another center.
    But seriously Techi is amazing but if another girl would be the center for the first two singles all the hype would to this person (I'm not talking about Zuumin it could have been every girl).

Sent with Tapatalk

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@JadeFlower -- I guess I'm enough of a Techi fan that it seems to me she is very important to the group's success. As Aki-P said in that interview, she is someone who captures the audience's imagination. He talked of the power of her glance, and pointed to the moment in the SaiMajo MV when she dramatically brushed her hair aside but kept looking right at the camera. Or her various powerful/desperate expressions in the KataMira MV. Without that captivating presence, I think SaiMajo would have been a success, but not the kind of success it was. They would have tried to manufacture hype, but the hype would not have naturally multiplied as it did. Even in the live over the weekend, there are numerous times when you see her expression is so much more penetrating than those of the members around her.

But enough of that. This is Zuumin's thread. Sorry.

5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I get the "Keyaki needs to keep a centre for a few singles" argument, but I disagree. I want Hirate to be *the* Keyakizaka centre, and so I want her to start taking breaks as soon as possible and continue centring throughout her career rather than a bunch of singles at the start and then fans start to get sick of her.

6. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Agree 100%.

So who do you plug? Its either Imaizumi, from my perspective the clear number 2 in the center question also number 2 in HS Sales only beaten by Sugai, or Rika cause she isn't getting any younger, has the looks and I feel like mainstream appeal. Played a big role in TokuDare last Episode(couldn't resist spoilers :( ). Sign for things to come?

Maybe this discussion is better in the genreal thread :whistle:

7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Even if not for the 3rd single (or other 1st single without Techi), I think she's the best choice for 2nd centre over the course of her career. So Berika or Sugai (can't see Sugai yet, tbh, even though she's got a lot going for her) might get a centre first and I wouldn't mind, but I do think Zumin is the most appropriate for centre rival available.

8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

:ome::ome:Happy Birthday Zumin:ome::ome:

• Like Like x 1
  9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Happy Birthday, Zuumin!

Or as Kyonko (Saitou Kyouko of Hiragana Keyaki) says: "Zumiko."

mob8XmpxU_640w.jpg mobLCcJga_Z640.jpg

11. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

Happy Birthday Zuumin ! :ome:

Love her blog post's title today.
    ばいばい17歳♡ / "Bye Bye 17-year old!"

Can't believe this girl is only 18 years old now :cry2:

12. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Well a bit late but Happy Birthday my cute Zuumin. Hope you had a nice Birthday :33

Sent with Tapatalk

13. 21_lalawel

21_lalawel Kenkyuusei

Happy birthday Zuumin~~ Keep growing more and more beautiful (Ps:hope you will grow a bit taller too[hehe]) :ome:

14. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Hopefully it is yakiniku day for Imaizumi.

15. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Happy birthday Zuumin!!

I have two Zuumin related interviews to post here!

The first is the Yuichanzu Overture interview: you can read that here

The second is the Neru/Hirate/Zuumin interview in Entame! You can read that here.

[​IMG]

I think Zuumin has a cute sense of humor in both of these interviews and I always love the wild dreams she comes up with lol.

But (as always it seems) it left me with a few questions about her... she (surprisingly to me) doesn't seem very close to Yui and I was surprised that Neru didn't even know she wasn't a Tokyo girl... I wonder if not living in the dorms has isolated her a bit from the other members? I know a few members say they're friends with her, but does anyone familiar with her blogs know if she ever talks about going out with any of the members in her off time?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Happy Birthday, Zuumin! :ome:

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@jujuchuu -- I wonder if Neru just thought of Zuumin as a "Tokyo girl" because she doesn't live in the dorm. And Kanagawa may seem part of Tokyo to someone from Kyushu.

Or Neru might have been putting something on for the sake of entertainment. That remark about having a sophisticated face seemed a clever mixture of praise and teasing, to me.

Then again, as a fan with a ridiculous amount of knowledge of some of the members, it really shocked me on KeyaKake when Hirate didn't seem to know that Neru had been overseas so much. Maybe the members really don't know a lot of details about each other's personal lives, outside of K46.

18. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Well, they all just did meet each other like a year ago. Most of the time they are together I imagine they are working, especially if someone doesn't live in the dorm. I can spend long periods of time seeing people and talking to them everyday and I don't even remember their names!

Depending on what part of Kanagawa you are from, it essentially is Tokyo. But, other members actually from Tokyo live in the dorm and I wonder why Imaizumi chose not to. Though depending where the dorm is, Kanagawa could be closer than wherever those members actually live in Tokyo. Though I wouldn't go so far to say that Neru thinks Kanagawa is part of Tokyo. She is a fairly educated girl, after all.

The bit about Imaizumi having a "sophisticated face" seems like it could be a sort of jab (lighthearted perhaps, but somewhat irritated). The word "sophisticated" contrasted with the previous statement she made where she accused Imaizumi of thinking she is very "hickish" makes me think it is a possibility.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I was thinking of it on the model of Los Angeles. People in that area think of Anaheim, Pasadena, Pomona, etc., as separate from Los Angeles (which they are). But to people elsewhere, it all looks like one big LA.

Because her brother shows up at the handshake sessions in Yokohama, I've wondered whether Zuumin actually lives in or near Yokohama. Since the members just give their prefecture, maybe someone from there would say "Kanagawa"? And Yokohama is almost the nearest part of Kanagawa to Tokyo, it seems from the map. But as far as I know, we have no information on that.

20. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Well, it is part of the Greater Tokyo area I suppose, but something like Pasadena and Pomona is a poor analog purely because they actually are part of Los Angeles county. Anaheim probably works best in that list due to it being part of the metro area. Still then, it doesn't exactly fit, but I of course see your point. Still, I don't know many people who actually think Anaheim is part of Los Angeles and I live on the other side of the country.

I was thinking she may be from Yokohama as well, but at the same time she said where she is is nothing like Tokyo and I wouldn't say that Yokohama is nothing like Tokyo, seeing as it is the second most populous area in Japan and is right next to Tokyo. They have their differences, certainly, but saying it is nothing like Tokyo is disingenuous. Probably though, I am thinking she may live in a more suburban type setting rather than right in the city. At first I thought Kawasaki when I heard she lives in Kanagawa, and it would make sense that it would be somewhere closer but at the same time, it depends on how often she has to commute into Tokyo. Perhaps she actually does not live that close to Tokyo, considering that perhaps she, unlike the other girls who live in Tokyo but decided to live at the dorm, cannot easily commute to her family/school from the dorm situated in Tokyo and that is why she decided to live at home. Therefore, she may live a little bit further west or south in Kanagawa, though I doubt to the extent that it reaches near Hakone.

I do not follow Imaizumi closely, so it is hard to say. Perhaps based on hints in interviews and blogs from the past one could attempt to construct some type of more reliable metric, but at the same time I am unsure what the point of doing that is anyway. Actually, by the end of this post, I forgot why we are even discussing this! I suppose sometimes we simply pass our pointless time doing pointless things. Especially difficult in such densely populated areas as the Great Tokyo area to really make any sort of educated guess for sure.

Does anybody know if she's actually given a reason for her not living at the dorm?