JKT48 SUBS

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Torque, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

All right, the title is pretty much what it is. I had the idea of subbing JKT48 related videos, but unfortunate for me, last week my access to the internet is really limited (next to none). Now that I am having my internet access again, I'm going to start my postponed project. The videos will be hardsubbed and I'll try my best to include explanations of certain terms on the videos. That way you'll hopefully start to understand the terms as you watch the videos.

Anyway, currently I am on my own on this project, but if you want to help me, you are free to send me a private message, and I'll fill you in with the details about this project. :) Of course, make sure you are fluent on Bahasa Indonesia, and understand English well enough to be understood by other people.

I'm going to update the list of subbed videos here on this topic, as well as on the blog I created for this project, and the twitter account. If you want to request a certain video to be english-subbed, you can reply to this topic directly or send me a private message, either will do fine.

Have a good day!

Oh, and feedback will be appreciated :) :)

----------------------

Credits (mostly for raw videos):
    AriefNetwork48

2. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

3. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

Hey there.
    Well, actually I really have no experience in subbing a video, neither I know how to. however, I'd love to help. So if you think I could help in something, I don't feel bother to help. Just give me a buzz on twitter, I have followed you there.
    And just a view suggestion. There are many social website realted to akb. may you also think of working with the people in subbing the video to Japanese, since there might be japanese who don't understand english neither Indonesian who are interested in jkt48

4. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

Hi sergio!

I'll have a private message sent to you in a few about the help offer, and thank you for the suggestion, I'll see what I can do :D

-----

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Thanks for this, I remember exactly nothing at all from my highschool Indonesian language classes so any chance to get to know JKT better is welcome [clap]

Though if I can make one suggestion on the video is that the annotations be on the screen for longer (the red text), they're gone before you can finish reading them.

6. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    Cool! Thank you guys for doing this! :D

7. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

Thank you for the positive feedbacks, guys!

And Mr. Waffle: I will make sure to keep the annotations clearly visible and readable next time, thank you for the feedback!

:D

8. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

I'm in :D

Maybe we also ought to provide a soft sub ? well..for people who want's to have font and color coded formatting or something :D

And uh.. will everyone be the translators or do we have timer already ?

Oh and if you need hosting space and domain name, please notify me as I can provided that (I'm working on the hosting industry)

9. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

Glad to have you in, Angga! :inlove:

Well, releasing softsub came to my mind before I started this, but I think for now it's best for the videos to be hardsubbed XD

As of now I am currently doing both timing and translations :( But I'll check if there's any friends who's willing to give their hands to make our work easier [hehe]

And thanks for the offer, I'm sure I'll go to you if I need hostings! :D [kiss]

10. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

-----

I appreciate any kind of feedbacks so I can improve this work, so keep the feedbacks coming!

[As for the quality, sorry that it's bad :(, the RAW was not of a good quality, and topping that, the YT re-compresses the uploaded video, however I am sure it's still watch-able [hehe]]

11. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

^
    Nice One [clap] . Perhaps we need to make a color coded formatting for each girls.

And I propose this three :

Shania (White)
    Melody (Red)
    Nabilah (Pink)
    Feel free to made more for the rest of the girls :D

As for font, I propose Lucida Sans Unicode with the size of 32 to retains readability.

I made a soft-sub for an example for the translation at here viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4749&start=475#p590009 and the video which located here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ohL-Y5C4lg :

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13007841/JKT48 ... 0Kamar.ass

Oh, another proposal, for annotation, trivia or notes, I think we should take the oldies subbers term in LD era where the annotation and trivia is all put in one heavy booklet . We could use the video information area in Youtube for that to prevent overcrowding the screen which can easily found in recent time anime subs I think [nod]

12. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

Hi!

For the color codes for each girl, I think it's too much of a hassle for people who watch the videos without knowing every member. I mean, if I didn't know Nabilah was speaking, for example, and the subtitle was only colored pink without the name, then I wouldn't know Nabilah at all :D

As for the font and font size, I'm going to use the font and the size for the next videos I'm subbing :) Thanks for that! :inlove:

As for annotation, can you give me an example? I don't really get it XD Oh, if you meant the annotation should be put on the description box, that would be all right, I guess, but even though they were put on screen, it's not like they're blocking the entire screen as the annotations are actually put as the smallest size compared to the dialogues and the songtexts :D

13. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

For smaller annotations then yes, on the screen would be alright :) , I meant for the longer one, like how I usually put extra information on my translation :D

As for the color coded, I took an inspiration from Gaki no Tsukai - Batsu Game subs :D . Where they usually put the information for each members' color for viewer to remember :D . Using name:dialog will also be fine [clap]

I'll translate more tonight or tomorrow :)

======

The translations is up on the general discussion thread , I'll leave the timing to your hand :D , I'm sucks at timing :blush:

14. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

Sorry for the delay, two new videos are up:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bgQkpfeVyY[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PidmHrgm-w[/yt]

Enjoy!
    -----------

@Angga
    I'll time the video by tomorrow I hope, it's pretty hectic with school and all today and yesterday :(

15. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyv4iYbvZMA[/yt]

Thanks to Angga for translating the video :D

Enjoy!

16. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

That's great [clap] . Hope the girls will got more exposures with the subtitled videos [angel]

17. Torque

Torque Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdrn1dfziNo[/yt]

Figured I'd need to translate the member profiles as they're actually extremely important for people to get to know the girls :3 Of course I started with Nabilah. :inlove:

18. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

I really like the idea of translating the members profile [clap] . There are already some ready to use translation made by...kamen knight if I'm not mistaken ? Or Tenshi something , I forgot :D

19. Kamen Knight

Kamen Knight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    ^
    umm.. you men this kamen knight or there's another out there? :D

btw, If you need a help in translating, perhaps I can give you a hand..

20. Angga

Angga Kenkyuusei

^

Yeah you :D . If I'm not mistaken there are some videos that you already translated right ?