Kobayashi Yui (Yuipon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    With Kosaka Nao

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    I'm very curious.
    People would often use Pon for comparation for beauty. I can understand that Pon is beautiful in her own regard, however in Keyakizaka46 there're Moriya and Risa that're more potent in term of visual. Like, why people more tend to use Yuipon as comparation?

3. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

I know this is a Pon thread but what the heck, this is my personal opinion. From the start, I never paid a lot of attention to Pon. Face wise, I rate her as above average among the gen 1 members, but not high ranking. She is reasonably pretty, but in a "regular" way. I think this has to do do with her facial shape and how I perceive it. FWIW, my avatar has the kind of face shape I like.

I personally also prefer Moriya (Nen) and WRisa over Kobayashi. I feel Moriya has more sharper features, which makes her look more distinct (in a good way). I'd prefer Sugai and even Pe-tan over Pon. For modeling work, I'd even prefer Shida over Pon.

That said, Pon has a killer figure that even fellow members praise. I suppose that helps.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... Also, beauty may mean nothing: I consider the Watanabe sisters to be the most beautiful girls in the group objectively, yet I do not feel so connected to them... My tastes are subjective (as for most people) and I feel attracted to other girls. Such a mystery...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I remember long time ago a video of a variety program where the members of Girls Generation were asked to rank themselves and line up according to beauty, All of them were bashful trying to get to the end of the line (i.e. least attractive spots). If the Keya girls were to be asked the same, I wonder how would they rank themselves?

6. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    I remember they were more like trying to evade the first place, like some people would confidently taking 2nd/3rd but mostly prefer in the mid ranking just to be safe. I mean if you're confident go for it, however as public figure it's also important to be somewhat humble. I think Keyaki as public figure would pretty much be the same.

7. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    [​IMG]
    Ehm. Konichiwa, Kobayashi-san. I just want to say, today you look so beautiful.:inlove:

8. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Didn't she cut her hair?
    I thought I read it somewhere

9. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Reminds me of the Produce48 scene where there were numbers on all the seats, and Sakura was thinking of seating at number one or two (I may not be remembering this correctly :^^;:)

Regarding PonPon, to me she represents more of that girl next door type - the kind of girl you went to school with and lived next door to. You always looked at her platonically, but then one summer when you go home, you see her again and it hits you like a ton of bricks how pretty she has grown.

She has that kind of appeal, not the classic beauty but more of a blooming, down-to-earth girl type, who can be sweet and also sock you in the jaw.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Pon's monthly message. It tell us the history of Keyakizaka.:)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Ponpon shifts some blocks and answers some questions

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Do you guys think she's going to leave that gap in her teeth permanently? I would have figured she'd have it fixed by now, pandemic or not. It seems like she doesn't go out of her way to try and hide it when she smiles, but I don't have that much footage to go by outside of what I see on KeyaKaki and the above video (exception being when they cover their mouths when they laugh). I honestly think she's going to leave it.

13. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Nishino had the gap in her teeth for long time IIRC. I think they'll leave it out until whatever retainer/invisalign treatment they're doing is completely finished. The reason they take it is so the teeth can have room to move so they probably won't put a new tooth in until they are for sure the rest of her teeth are completely done moving into place.

14. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I guess the double teeth appeal is out in Japan now. I remember it being a big thing when Acchan had it. May be the reason why PonPon had it pulled out.

15. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    If they're doing the retainer thing, I wonder what lets you get away with not having them in for 20-22 hours a day. 22 was what my dentist recommended for me when I did Invisalign and I didn't have a large gap like Pon did. I haven't seen any evidence of "buttons" on her teeth either, unless they're way back in the molars.

16. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Its probably braces on the back of their teeth. Or some of other kind of thing.

17. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

18. Valanthronus

Valanthronus Kenkyuusei

Happy Birthday Yuipon... :ome:

• Like Like x 1
  19. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Happy 21st birthday Yuipon!!! :ome:

20. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Source: ありす (@risa_cool46) / Twitter
    Yuipon appears in the very first part of the Silent Majority video riding a bike. In this snippet of the Documentary @0:18 you can tell how Pon is dismounting from the bike, but somehow she does it while the bike is still moving, loses her footing, and she literally falls flat on her face. Ouch! That's gotta hurt! There may have been truths and lies for sure, but also actual physical pain in their journey (besides the obvious emotional pain). Respect.

• Like Like x 2