Kodama Haruka (Haruppi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    No Haruppi in AKB album :(

2. jnam12

jnam12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    Is Haruppi ok??? I was scrolling through social media and saw a few photos of her. She gained some weight :0
    I don't mean this in a bad way, just gaining weight in such a small strain of time means something is bigger to the picture than being a "fatty", or maybe it was the other way around. There was a time she was very VERY skinny, and when she was ranked 17, and became a "maybe" member for AKB senbatsus.

I'm just kinda shocked, because Kodama is known as quite a professional idol, very orientated in her career and ranking, which is why I know a lot fan realised it was serious if it was her, especially during election season.

I'm not saying gaining weight is bad, but as a Japanese idol, its sadly somewhat a part of her job, especially in the 48group with so much gravure, and a male dominated fanbase. I think its been an open secret in 48 that her mental health has been back fourth with her centre position and comparison with Sakura.

As someone who has been gaining the pounds of late, I really feel for her, its something u can't necessarily ignore but its hard to loose weight. For Haruppi its a bigger issue with Meru close by (as she suffered weight issues, leading to a huge career drop)

3. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    http://www.hkt48.jp/news/2017/12/4968
    Don't really understand the full thing but Haruppi's taking another break. Seems like she won't be updating social media or anything.
    Don't really have much to say at this point to be honest. I hope she gets better with whatever it is but I can't see her really continuing at this point to be honest.

4. noa

noa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    noayosei
    From G+ https://plus.google.com/111907069956262615426/posts/EnroyS9T4qf

Ahhhh it's so frustrating!! Haruppi ;-;
    At least this post confirms she's been receiving some form of treatment but other speculations continue...

I know this industry is harsh and these breaks will likely prevent her ever getting back to where she was. But even if it's for idols in the future, I want Haruppi to come back. Hello!Project has recently allowed girls to take breaks for health reasons and return and I want this to become a more acceptable option for idols. As much as all of you are unlikely to return to supporting Haruppi even if she returns, I will continue to celebrate her!

5. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

that's really bad, but I guess can't be helped - it was obvious that she didn't recover after the previous break.
    I hope she'll fully recover and bounce back like never before this time.

6. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I'll support Haruppi if/when she returns but I feel like she would need to temper her expectations when that day eventually comes. It's sad to say but I don't think she'll be able to retain her peak level of popularity given how long she's been absent for now. I'm happy with supporting her in whatever position she comes back in , whether she's centering singles or just in the 3rd row in the Team H Stages, but I'm not sure if she feels the same way.

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

that's sad news for Haruppi and her fans :( Zuumin also announced her hiatus today and i wish both of them take good care of themselves. #BeStrong

8. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    It’s a good thing she’s taking another hiatus. She was promoting the album and appearing on tv, but at the same time trying to stay on the sides or backrow and not really speaking much. And with every new picture, the first thing that everyone talks about is her weight. It’s not something she should read about if she were to ever check her sns comments. That HKT documentary really jinxed it bad for her.

9. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    She needed this hiatus. She's been going downhill since she made her comeback at the Kanto tour. She needs a restart and what better way than to get everything cured first.

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Feels bad that she's going on hiatus, but we hope she gets better soon. :cry:

12. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Kodama should reduce her weight gain. i fear she will graduate if she can't resolve her weight. The ideal body of Kodama that i like was on Sasshikita Gassen. Kodama was pretty on that show. Go Haruppi!!

13. haruppi_best

haruppi_best Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    It's been almost a year since her absence in media and activities due to her poor health condition; we didnt get enough update then, lost fans because of the lack of conversation or anything to keep the bond in social media. And this hiatus which will prevent us from hearing haruppi on weekly radio.

I feel sad, incomplete, a little furious, worried and hopeless right now. I just wish the best for her.

14. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I have to agree, that's sad to hear with the lack of activities due to subpar health throughout the year. :(

15. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    Sadly I must agree with you. I like to think that most foreign 48 fans are a little bit more loyal to the girls they support but that in Japan the reality is sadly a bit different. Offcourse she will have her group of die hard fans, but the more casual 48 fans are, in my view, quick to move on to another girl. That's the harshness off the idol industry, even if a girl doesn't do anything wrong, some events can have people quickly turn away from you.

16. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Whatever happened to her in the first couple months of this year, we don’t know. But she has not lost the weight and is instead getting even bigger. Most fans of idols care about them because they like to see a member doing their best to achieve their goals. Haruppi has obviously stopped doing that. She has the ability to have a nice income, little bit of fame, and a career, all she has to do is get skinny again. And she hasn’t even come close to doing that. It’s no wonder people stop being her fan, she’s basically given up on trying hard. Not many people want to be a fan of an idol who doesn’t work hard and try their best in their job.

17. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    As the G+ post that was posted above said she must rest on doctor's orders. We can safely asume that when her hiatus started that was also on doctor's orders. If you are a very active person, which I believe idols are with all their jobs, practice and who know what else, and you are suddenly forced to stop your activities and basicly do nothing all day it is very very easy to gain weight. Yes as an idol she needs to work hard, I get that, but that doesn't mean that she should be neglecting her health just to uphold that image. You might be upset or sad that Haruppi, atleast for the public eye, isn't doing her best or working hard, but believe me, I think the one who is the most upset about that is Haruppi herself. So don't be saying things like that she isn't doing her job properly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    It has been over a year since this all started. Small strain of time it is not.

As for all this talk about fans abandoning Haruppi. It is true Haruppi is no longer my HKT-Oshimen. That title now belongs to Eretan, and has since April. Haruppi's absence late last year/early this year played no part in me oshihen-ing. This was a thing coming since 131215 (literally the second time I saw Eretan on stage). I fought it as long as I could, but I knew it was inevitable from the start.

That said, let me make one thing crystal clear. I have not abandoned Haruppi. I still stand firm in my support for her. I do hope to see Haruppi the fighter make a return after this latest hiatus.

Lastly. Way to take a probable medical condition and make it into a character negative, @kyoto48☀︎☂ . :glare:

19. marnchor01

marnchor01 Kenkyuusei

Support Haruppi!

Some of the views being shared here are disgraceful and disgusting. Just because she is an idol there is no excuse to take pot shots at her not working hard enough or not trying.

Clearly something has not been right, whether it is physical, mental, hormonal etc... My wish is for her to get healthy and balanced in all that she does... whether as an idol, whether slimmed up or as is, and as she looks forward to a full and happy few decades ahead that is her whole life.

For sure her looks being "degraded" (so called), would lose her some fans. So what? I don't judge these fans, they can follow whomever for whatever criteria. And I don't need to judge... I am happy to appreciate someone who has been central to the compelling development of HKT for years... whether it's "oh this sashihara person is going to take over", to "meru is centre what about me?", to "finally I am hkt centre but sakura has already done akb..", to "NO! Not 17th!"

Here's to the next chapter... whether it's the comeback or whatever!

Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

20. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Why do i get the feeling we won't see a second comeback :cry: