[LOD] The AKB48 Live on Demand Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 4, 2012.

1. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

if someone could provide me with B5th 120128, PLEASE HELP ME.
    i really need to watch it!

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
  3. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

thank you, for the link. :)

is there any video where yukirin announced nacchan graduation at the akb theater?

4. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    So, last night I watched the 120723 Team A LOD. This was not A6, but was Sashihara's Special Send-Off Show featuring HKT48. I've posted the setlist here and here and you can download it here and I think also in the depot if you are a blue member.

I was very happy that my 13th gen oshimen, HaseHaru was doing the Zenza girls song, she wasn't very good and has a lot to learn, but I still enjoyed her performance a lot <3

Then it was the first half of A6. I've only watched it all the way through once. I didn't really like it. I've tried to watch Wasamin's birthday show twice and fell asleep both times. So to my surprise, I enjoyed this first half more than I thought. I especially enjoyed "Akogare no Pop Star" which I then looped the following morning, its actually a good song!

Team A look like superstars, it contains all the superstars. (btw, this was a full Team A show). Acchan was ridiculously gorgeous this LOD. I still can't get over the fact she is leaving. Rabutan had her hair down and I didn't recognise her at first. And I still don't understand why everyone thinks TakaMina can sing really well and deserves a solo career. She sung "Itoshisa no Accel" live here, and well, it was pretty bad...

Then after the first half of A6, we got onto the singles, which weren't as good as I was expecting. Then during "Itoshiki Natasha" (live vocals btw) you could see Sasshi had her Soredemo outfit on under her big coat. She sung her single live, which, well, wasn't as good as the record. She can't really sing live. Oh, and her trying to do Yuko's parts in Heavy Rotation was funny, she couldn't do the kick and didn't even attempt the next part.

Then HKT48 came out to perform two songs. And the strange thing is, none of the crowd reacted when they came out. Is the crowd always dead in the AKB theatre? Seems like that to me from LODs. And the one time I was there it was pretty dead too. Maybe I'm comparing it to a normal standing concert in the UK for normal bands.

This was the first time I've seen Sasshi perform with HKT48, and she fits in completely. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. From the photos of her HKT debut she looked like she fits in and in these performances she really does.

Then came Aitakatta and Sakura no Hanabiratachi with everyone. Was great to hear Sakura no Hanabiratachi. Then Oya read the letter from Rie, and as soon as she started, Sasshi started crying. Here's one thing everyone seems to forget - Sasshi is just a normal person and is going through a lot right now and just performing in all these new things really well. Much props to her.

In the post-show DMM bit, Sasshi and TakaMina were fooling around, and then came the HKT LOD announcement. That will be interesting.

Sorry, my thoughts aren't good right now as I'm just about to go to bed and I had much more to say yesterday when I actually watched the show.

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Really short review from me, mostly regarding the kenkyuusei in this show.

2012.07.21 Team B “Theater no Megami” (Kashiwagi Yuki Seitansai)
    (link)

Romance Kakurenbo (Uchiyama Natsuki): This is the second time of her performing the song after the noon stage same day. Considering that it's really smooth. She's concentrated and very correct on the choreography. Her movements are all very planned and on the beat. The stretching out of the arm when going into “shimatta mama de” and that little finger-counting is spot on, yet doesn't get mechanical. No unnecessary movements there. The camera caught it very nicely in the third/last chorus.
    She definitely has a good sense of rhythm and a good ear – or simply trained a lot with a metronome.

It's the first time Yukirin and Mirukii perform this stage together. I still feel that Myao's position in “Arashi no Yoru ni wa” (here under-ed by Izuta) might have been a more fitting choice for her. I'm perfectly fine with her in “Locker Room Boy” though. She does look lovely in any outfit.

The camera being mainly focused on Yukirin, we don't get to see much of Izurina in “Theater no Megami”. Her performance has the necessary energy and sharpness that Morikawa and Mariyannu are lacking at times. The "shou-ene (energy-saving) dance” that Acchan's been branded with time and again is similarly applicable to Morikawa whose moves always seem pretty indistinct, although much of it is thanks to her tall, slender figure.

The chemistry between Yukirin and Mayuyu is just great in this one and there's a lot of little adorable moments between the two. What felt a little jarring was that Ishida Haruka's introduction was cut from the LOD. Fujita and her new catchphrase made up for that though.

6. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Considering that for a while I thought about being a member of Renacchi's birthday committee this year (I eventually went for another), I feel I had to review this show. This performance is a difficult one to review. On the one hand I've enjoyed it more than many others recently, on the other I feel it's lacking.

12.07.11 Team 4 "Boku no Taiyou" (Kato Rena Seitansai) (link)

First of all, it's an absolute treat to be able to watch Renacchi all throughout the show. There's lots of things to observe. The one that gets the least exposure here is Juri. I was glad for every glimpse of her. 

Renacchi's very focused on performance and always keeps eye contact and communicates with the audience. While she's not quite reaching the liveliness of either Karen or Tano-chan, she's on par with Maria and probably even more a pro at that. Her very polished performance sets her apart from girls like Morikawa, but they're both still simply doing their choreography without making it their own. She's not going into it as much she could be. It's not a negative though. Watching her, you know she's very self-aware, always attentive and controlled. But she's restricting herself. That's something she can work on.

We come to the introductions and topic of the day. They're being entertaining and don't dabble too much. What's disappointing is the applause for Renacchi. The audience sounds about as excited as Renacchi looks to the layman. Compared to other seitansai this is a rather sad outcome. Who applied for this show? Doesn't sound like Renacchi-oshis to me. There's more calls for Paruru, Ricchan and the like and I think that's just wrong in this case.

If you're registered at the ticket center you'll know that there's an option where you can set your oshimen. While it shouldn't be made entirely exclusive, I feel that higher chances of winning a ticket to any given seitansai should be given to those fans that opted for the girl in question. As for this performance, it seems to me as if too many people just applied for yucks and, having won a ticket, went nonetheless just to see the show, disregarding their interest (or lack of it) in the girl.
    If you ever go to a birthday show, please cheer on the girl. It's her special day. You didn't come there to see your favorite.

Highlight here is when it's Annin's turn to speak. 

I couldn't hold myself. She's getting points for that.

"Higurashi no Koi": I'm missing something here. It's just another piece of the program they're going through; with no atmosphere to it. Ricchan was the superior choice for the part. She can convey the right mood, while Oba just seems slightly stiff and undedicated.

"Itoshisa no Defense": It's a reference recording. Performance is a straight A. The camera does the right angles and pans and catches the right expressions at the right moments, everything perfectly in harmony with the song. Nothing else to say here.

The way that Ranran is teasing Rena during "Lay Down" is something to behold. I think I got a bloody nose there for a moment. That's what i call fan service.
    When it comes to the MCs, Shimada isn't any good at leading her group of girls and it gets rather dragging as usual for Team 4, but apart from that they are generally funny and entertaining.

It can't be avoided at this point, but as is the case with most theater performances lately there were a lot of casual fans and first-timers in the audience. I always get a little sad when the encore single receives more of a proper mix than any of the songs included in the stage that day.

The encore is over and Renacchi gets her cake. "We have a letter for you but...oh, where did it go?" And out comes Akicha, Renacchi's long-time friend. She reads her personal letter to Rena (from her iPhone nonetheless) and it's such an endearing scene of happiness and friendship it brings tears to your eyes.

7. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Just watched the 130108 Shinoda Team A LOD and enjoyed it enough to post about.

First of all, I'll say that out of the New Teams, I haven't watched a show other than the shonichi apart from A. I tried watching a B one once but fell asleep, but have watched pretty much 4 A shows now, and two of those twice. I saw pretty much, as I watched various songs from the 130111 show the other day but not the whole thing. I would watch more, but there is a distinct lack of non-birthday shows around...

I think they sung "Ame no Pianist" live this show. This was a real surprise. It didn't seem like Sakiko or Suuchan were singing live, but Takamina definitely was. Also, RIVER seemed live as well... at least elements of it.

This was a "full" team show, but I was just watching as it's a non-birthday show with Mayuyu in. She was amazing here, wearing straight hair, unlike her twintails from the 130111 show. It seems that Team A rotate the solo dancer intro part for "Kodoku na Runner" and it was Suuchan's turn here. I'm not sure if Mayuyu was in a different position for "Skirt, Hirari" but her solo line livens up that song, as I have never really liked it. "Glass no I Love You" was pretty much excellent, and the line-up completely different (bar Mayu) from the 130111 show. I also really like "Tenshi no Shippo" and think Ricchan and Takajuri shine there. The other unit songs I kinda enjoy, but only through familiarity. The Team songs I really really like though, with a couple of exceptions (namely "Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru").

It seems odd to me that they've dropped UZA nowadays and replaced it with nothing... normally they perform their latest single or team song. The double encore was stupid though, and I would hate to have to do that if I was actually in the audience. The length of the show is really good now, just over an hour and a half, with considerably less time spent on MCs than, say, a Team 4 show.

One thing I noticed from the 130111 show is that when Mariko is not there, they replace "Ue Kara Mariko" with "Oogue Diamond". They should just use Sakiko as centre instead.

One thought I had near the start of this show was that instead of bridging the divide between generations, these new teams seem to emphasise them. For instance, before I saw Yui as an established senbatsu member, but here I just saw her as one of the new gens, alongside Ryoka, Takajuri etc etc, instead of one of the established members, no matter if senbatsu status or not.

(btw, Mayuyu was great in both shows I've mentioned, kinda can't finish this post without saying that, although I'm sure I've mentioned her a lot anyway, without realising it)

8. eibun2012

eibun2012 Kenkyuusei

Is there any kikuchi ayaka's birthday show?

9. Gafranza

Gafranza Kenkyuusei

im a newbie
    I want to ask questions
    Is the LOD of akb48 always update every they perform in their theater?

10. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

The LOD is i think live of every AKB48 performance, aswell as SKE48, NMB48 and HKT48

11. Gafranza

Gafranza Kenkyuusei

Their performance in theater will always be recorded?

12. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    ^unless there is some special circumstance, yeah it's always recorded and put up

13. Gafranza

Gafranza Kenkyuusei

so it will be many videos that i have to download :D

14. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    So recently I noticed that alot of the new aswell as old videos have the "1000" error code, erm.. I am not able to read any kind of japanese, can somebody tell me what it means? >.< (It is on Youku)

15. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Youku's a Chinese site, so that's Chinese. One major uploader's videos have been down for a while now. His account is still active but a lot of his previously uploaded videos appear inaccessible. It might change for some of them - that's why I kept the links intact. I'll be updating the index in a little while though since most seem to be gone for good.

16. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting

Ah, I see that now.. [blush]
    It is a shame, but thanks a lot for your hard work! Keep it up! ^.^

17. ShiroGohan

ShiroGohan Kenkyuusei

I've just now realized how bad some LOD's look in contrast to their file size. For it to be the year 2013 with files displayed in widescreen, with a file size of generally close to 3 gigs, and also with the LOD's never being too much longer than 2 hours, 640x480 and 640x360 are almost no freakin excuse. I'm doubting that DMM.com actually sourced the files at that quality. These should be nothing below 720p. But I'm lucky that someone out there actually cares enough to share these performances since DMM blocks the US.

18. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    Aye it is surprising that they don't even bother getting 720p. But I am happy with what they provide anyhow, it is better than nothing right? :)

Also sometimes a japanese TV station broardcast 1080p versions of some performances, so it is not because they got shit cameras.. :angry:

19. ShiroGohan

ShiroGohan Kenkyuusei

I had to reword my post a bit because I can't say they generally look bad when I only have a handful. I will say that the team B ones that I have look quite outdated and I think some of them are in 720p though and look great.

There are ways to get very high quality picture with low file size, but it takes some knowledge though. I once had a movie that was 1.47 gigs and was 720p at an hour and 40 mins long. Picture was crisp.

You're right though. Something is better nothing and they do look better than those streaming sites if you download them from a filehost.

I just went back to look at my collection. It seems as though the oldest LOD's had the best quality I've got a 2 part performance that is in 720p with perfect picture it is from July 7th of 2010. How ironic eh.

20. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Has anyone else been bothered by all the "lazy" dancing in the AKB stage shows for a while now? I can forgive poor singing skill or not being a very good dancer, but I can't forgive looking like you aren't even putting any energy into it!

I'm not talking about all the girls, but it's a lot of them. Little things like not straightening an arm when it's supposed to be, or kind of sliding into a pose instead of BAM hitting it. It really detracts from the overall performance, and I'm not seeing this in the sister groups, just the main AKB group. I don't know if it's because they just don't care much about the theater shows anymore or because the dance trainers need to be kicking their butts more, but whatever it is, it's really bothering me.

I feel like the main AKB group should be setting the example with the highest level of performance, not the lowest.