TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Annin did a really great job here despite the rather lacklustre script she is getting.
    Nice fighting scene. This episode is at least much more convincing.
    They should have establish Yoga's motivation much more earlier.
    This whole Yoga episode end and I still don't know why she is attached to Salt.
    Give me a scene where Yoga is of any use to Salt, else this feels like a loose end to Yoga.
    Her break down after Salt said she is not expecting anything from her feels like it was easily brushed aside.

Otabe playing bean bag is random.
    Gekioko appears for 3 episodes and the only thing we know is Kobi doesn't agree with Antonio?
    Could have do that with a half episode segment
    while flashing out each character's personality instead of 3 with just talks.
    Especially Antonio still hasn't establish her character personality at this point.
    The others Gekioko members other than Kobi are joke characters anyway.

Team Hinabe is the hidden narrator now.
    The change in Kamisori and Zombie's attitude doesn't make sense.

The red sofa set that Salt leans on is weird.
    My first impression is that someone's gonna take that thing up the roof in the first place.
    Otabe is like the glue that holds Rapapa together.

I like how Sakura was beaten to a degree in this episode.
    Lessen the feelings that Shitennou is a glorified monster of the week.
    Would be much more interesting to make Sakura defeat Rapapa not by herself, but with help from others.
    After this week, I hope it won't be a 1v1 duel with Bakamono next week and end with Sakura's win.
    Otherwise all the talks that she needs help in this episode would feels like nought.

2. Salt_chan

Salt_chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Bakamono..:banana:

3. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

I'm watching this with Maji1 at the moment so I'm not sure how the latter ends up playing out but...

This season is really lacking in intensity. I felt that with the first season, there is always a sense of uneasiness and mystery as the episodes progressed but I really don't feel the same with this one? I don't see a threat in any of the characters, and being presented with the supposed main antagonist so early on (Antonio) in such a straightforward manner could hardly make me take them seriously (I mean... as serious as a drama like this could get). Unless they pull out another antagonist towards the end (Nogizaka members?) I feel that the writers kind of failed with the character introduction/presentation.

That being said, I'm really enjoying some of the characters! I have been completely won over by the First Year Combi, Magic, and Kobii.

4. my-eye7

my-eye7 Kenkyuusei

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Psst. Salt is the main antagonist. Just sayin'. Watch the OP. Gekioko will be a curve ball. But the main battle (story arc) will be Salt and Sakura.

Here is how I see it playing out. Loosely. Not going to put under a spoiler tag because it is speculation after all. Sakura will work her way the the Heavenly Queens. Gekioko/Antonio will see this as enough of a destabilizing thing event they will launch their attack, probably after Sakura beats Magic and before she fights Otabe. This will force Sakura to partner with Rappapa and the school will rally behind them. But once Gekioko is defeated the main attration will begin, the battle foe the top of Majio. There will be twists. Kobii going lone wolf? Sakura fighting Otabe before the raid? Someone turning traitor? How does Maachun fit in? Or Nachu/Dorama? But when all is said and done, final will be Sakura vs Salt.

6. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    Episode 3

For a show that I don't put high expectation on, the show is actually getting better and better on every episode :eek:
    However, the topic of "protecting salt" just wasn't built properly and went too fast. Therefore, I don't really get the exact feeling that the director might wanted from the start.

In the last 2 episode, Yoga basically did nothing but just showing her Yoga pose and vague talk. Then out of sudden, she went out panic and want to protect Salt's name. For a queen who has less dialogue which didn't make her eyecatching, this sudden character change didn't turn out interesting for me. The only phrase I could remember from her in past episode that has relation to this is to not underestimated Rappappa. But anyway, let's move on with it! Her fight with Sakura was brutal and went out unexpected :eek: After all, the (first) queen is not as easy to defeat like in the first Majisuka Gakuen.

Kamisori & Zombie character change were actually...uhm quite expected lol. I meant, it will later be all Sakura-Hinabe-KamiZombie vs Rappappa. Perhaps the only thing that will make it a twist is when Gekioko finally enter the fight. The talk Minami referred before about Sakura making any friends in majijo must have been about all this "having companion to reach the top". Indeed, it turns out KamiZombie wants to see the top together with her. With Sakura refusing them (and also Hinabe), I expect there might be an episode which trully draw out the her past. I think that it might be a trust problem.

I'm really excited to wait for next episode with Bakamono. Not that only the fight, but also how this companionship going with her. My bet is, she won't be able to defeat all queens alone. Then eventually, KamiZombie and Hinabe will approach her for help unexpectedly. Much like how Black was defeated in MG1. Since as Uonome said, you cannot take the top by yourself. Well, she went all storytelling in this episode though :lol: The same as other Hinabe members. Either they got their ass kicked or they turned storytelling which will later result in a fight.

I think the most hillarious part will be when Bakamono was searching around for a student named Ten Kou Sei :lol:
    She didn't even realize that it was meant for transfer student lol.

7. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Just found another easter egg...[hehe]
    [​IMG]

8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    What other score were they supposed to put?[hehe]

Oh yeah you missed the swastika on the stairwell. Been there since ep1 and nobody has caught it? For shame folks!:lol:

Very little in backgrounds and environments used in filming are random or left to chance. There is always some significance to what you see, even if it is only known by that one set creator and never gets made public. It does lead to some fun and/or interesting things from time to time.

9. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    That armband that some of the extras are wearing around the 3:50 mark :shocku:
    It's not meant for an international market, but seriously ... :fp:

And it's only a few months after that K-Pop group incident.

10. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Ah, I didn't miss it, I just don't think it's good enough for an easter egg haha. I mean, it's the original swastika (not reversed), so it's the positive one. About Nazi...

You mean that rookie Kpop group called Pritz? What made it controversial was the cross inside the white circle as if it's reminiscent of Nazi's Hakenkreuz or Hungary's Arrow Cross Party, not the overall red armband with white circle. IMO, it's mild enough for the extras to use it, it shouldn't be a problem. :)

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I was wondering who would be the first to notice it was not the Nazi swastika after I mentioned it was there. That is what makes it an easter egg, IMO. It is really out of place in that school.[hehe]

12. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    This is perfect. The storyline can go either way! I love ❤ how we have the 4 queens and Salt. I feel they will go first. Then there will be fish to fry. Like the other school.

Since Miyukii's character was introduced I felt she was aiming for the true queen spot in her school and Sayanee character is in her way. She will definitely backstab her. #SuperJuicyDrama

Then Sakura and tie school will deal with a huge battle royal. What a smart way to extend the show and add realistic non-fictional drama. Like its literally one gang vs another gang just schools are their headquarters which of course is highly unrealistic lml

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SEASON. It is actually my first Majisuka Gauken.

13. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

In my opinion that's impossible. Paruru is the main character. Everything else can change, but that fact will remain no matter what. And as the main character, she will be undefeated until the end.

14. Stephen

Stephen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hope for subs soon. So far this season is great.

15. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
  16. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    MAJISUKA GAKUEN 4 EP 03 ENG SUB

17. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Man, I just wish someone like Nana Okada was given Sakura's role instead. :fear: Then just give Sakura a different role or something.

18. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Aidol coming through like a champ once again. Lovin' it!:awesome:

19. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I just WTF, after they are very easy to change attitudes to help Sakura. look like Ueno just want to make Mako/Naanya get more screentime than take care the story. I dunno, but it just makes them look weird characters lol.

Now, I also think Otabe is hidden leader of Rapapa.

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    What if kobii's the mastermind behind gekioko but she has been using Antonio as her puppet all this time because Antonio's a more feared character in gekioko?