MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I'm sad if they didn't broad the auditionee's bracket age... I'm much prepared on 12-21 age bracket than the shorter one...
    Tired for being waitin' for the announcement...

But . ....

Hoping that will the audition will be august this week, and i will be the happiest wota i my whole life

2. JoJee

JoJee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    LOL a lot of people are really worried abt the age bracket even in FB groups and pages. It seems like Filipino taste doesnt really like 12 y/o as idols. 16-21 is the safe side. Dunno tho if they would do the age bracket accustomed to 48g practice or accustomed to Filipino taste. Maybe there should be middle ground bec it will affect MNL48's image a lot.

But tomorrow is already August. Let's hope they announce the auditions ASAP!!

3. MiMiPonpon

MiMiPonpon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Waiting for that one post.........
    It feels like it's taking forever
    I hope the age will reach 21-25 so that mnl48 will have older girls to guide and take care of the younger ones

4. MisaMisa

MisaMisa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    saaaame here.
    or if they can't with 25, then 23.

5. MiMiPonpon

MiMiPonpon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    It's the first gen after all
    They will need a mother like figure in the group during the tough times XD

6. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

25 is too much 20-21 might be enough.

7. Alvin chipmunks

Alvin chipmunks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    i think 25 is okay for a starting generation. Kitarie was 24 when they transferred her to The newly formed NGT. i think most filipinos don't care how old their idols would be, they will be more concerned if they are too young...

8. MiMiPonpon

MiMiPonpon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yep like they say "age doesn't matter" XD

9. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    not the right term since if age doesn't matter then it doesn't matter if they start at 9yo or younger. :)

But I get what you mean :D

10. darkserenity24

darkserenity24 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotorara
    By my understanding, Rie and Yuki are there to 'hold' NGT until they gain significant traction. My safe bet's on 18-21

11. Alvin chipmunks

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    that's why i'm okay with the age limit of 25 for the 1st generation. "to hold the team until they gain significant traction". they can start lowering the limit in the 2nd generation. :)

12. darkserenity24

darkserenity24 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotorara
    What I mean is those transfers are experienced and popular. MNL won't be having that privilege unless AKS/management goes yolo and pulls a japanese member to team kaigai.

That aside, I'm still skeptical of MNL and I hope to be proven wrong.

13. Alvin chipmunks

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Maybe you are right, but with age comes with experience. Not the idol experience, but the leadership experience. And speaking of Kaigai, i was hoping hirari would come.

I trust the MNL48 fans and the future members. the one i'm having doubts is the management. it doesn't matter if the fans and the members are passionate, if the management handled them improperly MNL will fall down fast...

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I guess we'll have to wait for the route the MNL management wants to take.

Will they localize it to the extent that they'll gear it to the usual Filipino girl group with a mature (usually sexy) image?

Or are they willing to take the risk of introducing the J-idol concept of young high school age girls (sometime even elem. students) and just add a bit of Filipino flavor in it?

For longevity sake, the former seems to be the safer route, but to really make a mark in the industry, and probably to please the local AKB fans, the latter should probably be their choice.

15. MiMiPonpon

MiMiPonpon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    the fb page is really inactive
    i was hoping they will update more
    but i guess the app made them busy ? or planning did

16. JoJee

JoJee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well, I'm kinda disappointed about the mngt's inactivity. I mean, MNL48 FB page has like the highest number of likes among the three newly formed 48gs which they should take advantage of. Filipino wotas are highly active on FB. At this point, the hype is already dying down. Minus one point for MNL48 mngt. :/

Anyway, for me the optimal age range would be 16-21 y/o. If it's like BNK48, 16-21 in the PH would be college girls, prolly wouldn't need homeschooling anymore. Or they can even skip college altogether. Plus Filipinos would appreciate them for not being too young or too old to perform regularly at night in theaters. Also they wouldn't be too young to act mature or too old to act cute. Esp bec we have the concept of "pabebe", age is very tricky.

12 is too young. 13-15 is acceptable tho I would expect that they would not be given heavy roles for the group yet esp bec Filipinos don't really like young ones that much.

17. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    should we try messaging the page and ask them to be active?

also I think 14-20 is enough tbh. takamina was only 14/15 when she started being the leader, having leadership skills is not based on age. tho I think it's also okay for them to have a big sister to lean on and pull the group, especially sometimes older peeps won't listen to lil one

18. JoJee

JoJee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    There are people who have already tried messaging the page, but they were only seen zoned. :/

I agree leadership is not based on age buuuut considering the market, I'd seriously consider up to 21 y/o. It's cute to see that 12 reversed is 21 lol just joking. I just think that based on education and (work) experience, 21 as the highest would be an ideal age to consider.

19. onego123

onego123 Member

Hi y'all I only made an account to give my 2 cents on the whole age debate. I'll get out of your hair when I'm done.
    I remember reading a blog post from someone who went to the fan meet, and in the post she mentioned that someone wanted to keep the age range 11-20. In the post she included the laws on "child labor" (for lack of a better term) in the Philippines. From my understanding the gist is that no one under the age of 15 years old can be employed unless they're either A) Working for their parents or B) It's absolutely essential that they have young children. So I say expected the minimal age to be 15.

Source: http://livesasweetworld.blogspot.com/2016/06/seriously-cute-mnl48-fan-meet-05292016.html

20. JoJee

JoJee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    In that case then that's more reason to actually increase the age range of the auditionees. Again, up to 21 is okay. But I'm kinda half-sure there's a work around that law. :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.