Murayama Miu / 3rd generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by humbal, Jan 14, 2023.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Yuu-chan had suggested she say what animal she was like and imitate it. She likes capybara, and although she wasn't sure she resembled it, she imitated its expression. Someone else suggested black panther. That was the one I liked. Maybe not her personality, but her appearance.

She said she had not eaten dinner yet, but that morning she and Airi had gone out together to a bakery and had cream puffs. That was their morning activity.

I think this is a combination of Miu and the set-up for the shooting, but she looks straight into the camera at you, radiating friendliness, giving a very present and intimate feeling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I just refused to accept that my Miu-chan has become the new baka-Queen... Queen yes, baka, never! Until she pressed the button with her forehead... At that moment I facepalmed...

Never mind Miu-chan you are a Queen in many things, why not one more?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Miu may not have great academic knowledge or "general knowledge", but she is so superior in so many things. Photography, dance, friendship and beauty, for example.

I was offended with the way the hosts treated her. Her innate lack of self-confidence makes her someone who cannot stand being ridiculed like that. You could see in her eyes how unhappy she was as the results piled up. She does have to learn to "take it," but I hope the hosts and writers of SokoSaku do not make it harder for her to develop the self-confidence she needs before she can rise to her proper level.

Someday, I see a front row of Miu and Karin flanking Airi. To begin with.

Three photos. First, the friends Miu and Airi:
    [​IMG]
    A Japanese comment said Miu looked so perfect they thought AI had been used to edit the photo.

Now Miu and Nagi:
    [​IMG]
    A commenter pointed out how beautiful Miu's nails were (click/tap to enlarge):

Finally, Miu with glasses (and hydrangeas...and her beautiful long hands):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I'm not worried about Miu. When Karin first came onto the group, she seemed kind of an odd fish, introvert, insecure. Then she evolved into the cool Karin we know today (or think of Habu as well). Miu is a rough diamond. And if we look at Sakurazaka's main singles centers, well, she's in good company...:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Miu's performance in the Wednesday mini-live is getting huge praise for her powerful, wild movements and strong emotional expression.
    Japanese comments translated:
    • Murayama put so much feeling into her performance it was amazing
    • Miu’s amazing
    • If I saw it live, I would weep.
    • Now I want to see Miu-chan at centre. I look forward to the 7th single.
    • I’d been having difficulty deciding on a 3rd gen oshimen. It’s Miu.
    • Miu’s performance kept banging on my heart.
    • Those who can stuff an empty head full for real are Karin and Miu [note: they are two of the members who are most emotive and most able to communicate through their dance.]
    • I understand why Karin said she wanted to do Seijaku no Bouryoku. Miu-chan’s dancing has become a hot topic.
    • The way Miu-chan put emotion into her performance was outstanding.
    • Miu-chan has such a wonderful figure that it really feels as if she could be a model.
    • Comments on the Seijaku MV brought Murayama fever. Must get on the big wave.
    • I’ve always thought Miyu-chan was fantastic, and everyone’s evaluations of her make me happy.
    • Murayama Miyu’s performances really do draw you in.
    • She can make a cute face like this [last photo below], and yet when she performs, her hair is flying all over the place in disorder? How can I not make her my oshimen?
    • Miyu-chan stood out in the Mini Live both for looks and performance. She'll be centre on the next 3gen song.
    • I thought again how intelligent a performer Murayama Miu is in being able to convey a song.
    • After only six months in the group, aren’t the Sakurazaka 3gens amazing? Being able to perform like this after such a short time! In Seijaku no Bouryoku, Murayama Miu-san was just fantastic. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. Such powers of expression!
    • In Seijaku no Bouryoku, Murayama Miu was godly. I thought again how much I like this girl. Even her hair was dancing. Outstanding.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I'm confident some of those Japanese fans' comments on her becoming a model and a center will materialize in the future. She's settling down in the group (she's even had a few funny bits in Sokosaku).

7. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Thank you @ukifune for making my day. I'm happy to see Miu receiving so much love and admiration. And yes, @Jsprite Miu will be center, I never forget what Takahiro sensei said to her after the very first performance of BAN in front of him at the training camp... Oh, yes, she will be a model as well. And with such and imposing face and height, a good one!

• Like Like x 2
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From andGIRL magazine Summer 2023:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few Japanese comments:
    • How beautiful
    • Her face is so refined.
    • You have to thank andGIRL for giving her their media award and taking such beautiful pictures. These preview samples really shocked me.
    • You really think she was a model, no question. Miyu-chan is truly beautiful.
    • Exclusive model. No doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

So, it begins!...:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    ... it has begun already. And late I can say...

It's no coincidence that she's good friends with 524773... The girl has proclaimed in Hinatazaka ni narimashou that she want to follow the modelling career. Both are weird personalities and stunning beauties.

But for these photos, both stylist and photographer did excellent job with Miu. Not that it was so difficult after all... This tall and elegant elf can support any clothes and accessories (omg that ring in those fingers)...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I've noticed that ring too. BTW, there is a famous painting called "Girl with the Pearl Earring". The first pic above might be titled "Girl with the Golden Ring"...;)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    This ring is sentient: It chooses to be worn by the "one girl that rules them all"...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Miu is getting praise for her performance centring BAN at Saturday afternoon's Day 4 of the Rock in Japan festival. No videos yet, but people think she's second from left (between Hono and Hikaru) in this photo:

[​IMG]
    Comments from Japan:
    • Miu-chan's BAN? Didn't feel off at all.
    • Miu-chan. Finally! In BAN, she was marvellous and full of emotion.
    Yes, finally. Her only problem is her nervous lack of confidence. But once she starts dancing, she's all power and emotion.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Getting there, baby steps. She will loosen up and assert herself. Takahiro's praise early on wasn't for nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In Nagisa's blog, she recounts staying overnight at Miu's home. Miu is from Tokyo, and I believe she lives at home. I also believe she once said she has a king-size bed. From Nagisa's blog:

Staying overnight with Miu.

We were talking about Meet & Greet and I stayed overnight at Miu's place!
    There were so many cute dolls. It was comforting.

We were in bed together talking about this and that and fell asleep without even saying good night. So nice.

I'm really bad in the morning. When we're together in a hotel, Miu always has to wake me up. She's unbelievably good with mornings.

Really great...

It takes me an hour: I keep going back to sleep every five minutes, and Miu always has to help me.

Thanks to her for all she's done!

Cool, good-looking Miu.
    She keeps saying how cute I am.
    And she notices any little changes I make right away.
    She's the first to notice my bangs.

[​IMG]
    Here are a couple of little videos from 5ch featuring Miu and Nagisa (and Itoha):
    video1 video2

And here's a video called "Renting Murayama Miu," of Kira and others hugging her in turn:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Lots of posters, on 5ch and elsewhere, say they hope Miu will get her teeth fixed. I'm of two minds. As some posters say, her teeth are cute. And I always regretted that Memi had her teeth fixed. I liked her original, more unusual pattern. But it's true, as posters say, that Kira looks good. And Miu would look more like a model if her teeth were straight, instead of the not uncommon yaeba pattern they have.

@Jsprite -- And Takahiro praised her specifically for having the best dancing for BAN, didn't he? "Baby steps," indeed, but making progress. I remember Takahiro (and/or the dance teachers?) saying that at that point, during the training camp, they were nowhere near ready to be part of the main group. Now many of them are, especially Miu (and Shii-chan, and Murai, and Airi, and, and, and....)​

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Just to save you scrolling back at page 1 of this thread:

That was BEFORE showing us Takahiro sensei's reaction after seeing Yu and Shii-chan. Apparently these two are the 1st and 2nd best dancers in 3rd gen (who is 1st and who 2nd is not of importance imho) and Miu is the next best dancer in this group of 11... Nevertheless, as far as I know, Miu is the least experienced regarding any prior involvement with dancing. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So her progress is indeed amazing.

Surely her only problem at the moment is self-confidence. If she fixes that then I strongly believe that we have a true beast of an idol...

Now, something that i hope she WON'T FIX is her teeth. As I have already repeatedly said in the Hinatazaka forums and elsewhere: please Sakurazaka Dental LLC keep your hands away from this baby... Hinatazaka Dental LLC has already ruined my precious Kawata Hina so I don't want a similar fate to my tall, black-haired, yaeba elf...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I'm 50/50 on her teeth situation: On one hand it is one her (several) charm points. On the other, it may be a hindrance to modeling...

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Great SokoSaku last Sunday: a surprise family survey episode, with members' families sending in things about them. What Miu's mother said about her was perfect. I'll spoiler it, but I don't think anyone will be upset to see a preview.

"She's a cute, nice, awkward angel, with beautiful wings."
    [​IMG]

She's so nice, and really direct. The things and people she likes, she makes a beeline for."
    [​IMG]

"She's really, truly a good girl. She's an angel."
    [​IMG]

Truly an angel.
    [​IMG]

If you've forgotten, or never seen, the original (and rather more embarrassing) Keyakizaka "family survey" episode from 2016, here it is: part one, part two.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Miu's an awkward angel alright, but her wings are still tucked in. She'll spread them in time! :awesome:

20. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I saw the episode (as usual on Youtube at Sunday night) and OMG the motherly love towards Miu was the best out of every similar member "introductions" coming from parent we've seen so far (maybe only that "Habu a nice day" was also so touching to me).

And Miu's recreation of it was pure gold: the little wings fluttering when she was saying "tenshi" and the closing one wing where it is supposed to be and the other becoming a tail...

As for wing spreading as @Jsprite mentioned, I would bet that this is coming on the modeling arena: I've said that 524773 is model stuff. Well, she was chosen as one of the 5 next beauties by ModelPress according to a post by @MasToppu so I guess her buddy at Sakurazaka will follow.

Miu1.jpg

P.S. And personally out of every Japanese names I've seen in Kanji, this combination of beauty and wings struck me as particularly amazing and appropriate for a pretty baby girl...

• Agree Agree x 1