NBA/Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by peterthepickle, May 28, 2015.

1. Minachiii

Minachiii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    how's it going stage48 ladies and gents,

i'm just a new member of the forums,

the nba is back today,

opening night for the 2015-2016 nba season

btw, i am a huge fan of

Allen Iverson and Vince Carter back in the day,

and now i am a houston rockets fan, bcoz of James Harden fear the beard!

but i also have a Huge Respect for SC 30

he is Definitely one of the elitesr yeah, Elitest of todays generation of ballers..

:1st:

2. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Hello, @Minachiii - welcome to the forums and the basketball thread!

Yeah, I'm definitely excited for the start of the season. Curry is definitely a beast, and the Warriors have a good shot at repeat championships. I'll root for the Lakers, though, at least until Kobe gets injured, hehe.

3. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I also can't wait for this basketball drought to be over!

Most exciting thing is this year the Raptors are playing in my country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of the UK NBA fans weren't to thrilled about Toronto vs Orlando being the only game being played here, but as a Raptors fan I was very happy :D just waiting for tickets to open so I can grab some, the hype for me is unreal and we haven't even started the season yet [hehe]

4. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

WARRIORS! :awesome:

Raise the banner tonight! :1st:

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Chicago Bulls proving once again why they are a different team when Derrick Rose is in the lineup. Here's hoping he actually stays healthy this season.

6. tofunoodle

tofunoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    havent been keeping up with the offseason, but here's to hoping the knicks dont suck this year

7. Minachiii

Minachiii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    @peterthepickle

Thanks for welcoming me sir, i Appreciate it,

yes i absolutely agree with you on that SC 30 is a beast,

as far as the la lakers is concerned, they have a pretty good line up this season,

we'll just hope that it will progress for the best.

8. Kimu23

Kimu23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I just hope the Mavs make the playoffs this season also Dirk passing Shaq and other NBA legends in the all-time points leaders.

9. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Yeah Nuggets, 1-0!! I'm lovin' me some Mudiay.

10. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

The Human Torch just dropped 53 on the Pelicans, 28 of those in the 3rd. Just another average day for the reigning MVP. :1st:

11. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Well, it's been more than a month since the last post, and the Warriors finally lost. 24 straight wins to open the season is plenty impressive though. I'm pretty sure we'll see them in the Finals.

Spurs are definitely second place in the West, and as usual they look pretty good.

The Eastern Conference has a bunch of teams close to the top. Cavs, Raptors, Bulls, Hornets, Pacers, Heat... should be interesting how the playoff race shapes up later in the season. But it's nice to see parity there. Hornets are a surprise.

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Was beginning to think the Warriors were never going to lose tbh lol. Also surprisingly that the Top 8 teams in the Eastern Conference have a winning record.

Still sad to see how much the Lakers suck (no wonder Kobe is retiring).

13. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    It would be crazy if the Warriors went undefeated for the whole season lol. That small-ball lineup is dangerous.

If it's any consolation, the Sixers suck more than the Lakers. But yeah, definitely sad to see Kobe go after so long.

14. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I haven't followed basketball in a while, but I think a debate has been regarding Kobe and what number of his gets retired. Do you go with 8 since that's the number he wore when they won the three straight? Or do you go with 24?

15. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I think that Kobe said he would prefer 24 to be retired, and that's the one I'd go with too. But I'm pretty sure no future Lakers player will wear either 8 or 24.

16. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Wow, Bulls 144 - Pistons 147 after four extra times. That's what I call a long game. :awesome:

17. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Yeah, that game was intense. I didn't watch it but any game that goes into multiple OTs is bound to be epic. Pistons are looking solid this year - the East is close so they can definitely make it to the playoffs.

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Dirk Nowitzki became NBA's 6th all-time scorer...bearing in mind that he's European, that's absolutely incredible. He's already a legendary player.

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

^ HOFer for sure.

Today is the Christmas Tradition (Like the Thanksgiving Tradition for the NFL). The Last time we will see the Lakers playing on Christmas for a quite a while. The Rematch of the NBA Finals from last season is also today (Cavs/Warriors).

20. peterthepickle

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    David Blatt was fired by the Cavs. Not sure why they did it, since they have the best record in the East and all, but I'm sure he'll land somewhere else soon.

We're about halfway through the season now, and in the West the Warriors and Spurs are clearly dominating, though the Thunder aren't too far behind. Maybe they'll pull off a playoff upset? The East is actually still pretty close. The Raptors are looking like the second best team behind the Cavs, but beyond that it's pretty close. Playoff race will be interesting.

Also, Porzingis is a beast.