Nishimura Aika (Aika) / 4th Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 2, 2013.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Mobile mail is a subscription service so you'd have to sign up for it, pay the monthly fee and receive mail that she "sends" you.

2. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Oh, huh. That's kinda weird.

3. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Most fans don't really do mobile mail since it costs money but the girls see it as an outlet to talk to their most dedicated fans directly so they tend to post more personal stuff there.

4. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
  5. junjou19

junjou19 Member

That makes sense, but it's kinda sad for those of us who are just as dedicated but too poor.

Wow, her dead body is getting so good! She's even started playing chords! There's still a couple of rough spots, but overall it's gotten very smooth. In fact, in the most recent N performance anyway the verses were much better than Sayanee's from the one of Sayanee I saw more recently. Aika's movements I think are also much more natural looking where as Sayanee's look not stiff but pre planned. I don't really know how to describe it but if they're telling a story, Aika's is more believable. I think she's gotten to the point where one can say while Aika's is different from Sayanee's (which it should be) they are equally good.

6. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I wouldn't go that far (Sayaka is really good and Aika has no guitar experience) but it is undeniable that Aika has gotten to the point where her Dead Body is not embarrassing to listen to/watch.

7. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Only talking about the guitar part, right?

Her Yume no Dead Body, singing-wise, is still a little inconsistent but that last performance she did was pretty stellar, she's gaining a lot more control over her voice. Before it seemed like she would sing and whatever happened happened (which was actually pretty good to begin with) but now she seems to be feeling the lyrics more and experiments with it.

Speaking of which, the gap between the lyrics and her character is quite amusing.

8. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Aika once again with Miriya of Fairies.
    She'll be making her debut today/tomorrow on Music Station!
    30 - 1.jpg

9. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Well, I say she's matched with Sayanee because both of their vocals are usually pretty inconsistent, and Aika's in the most recent performance were actually more consistent than Sayanee's, and she used more vocal power, something I talked about in Sayanee's thread. obviously, Sayanee's guitar is still better, but then Aika's movements were more natural, which is why I say they're matched. And I never thought her performance was embarrassing. Even if the technicalities were off, she had that fierceness in her eyes and that epic emotional performance that grabbed be from the very get-go. I think Nagisa's Mushi no Ballad was worse in the beginning, but they both deliver performance-wise and now they've both grown in other areas.

And she did Hajimete no Hoshi/100nen Saki demo. And she did them well. I'd be exited to see how much she's able to improve if she were able to do them every time. Even so, I definitely like this performance.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    To be clear, unlike @joooooooooe I've enjoyed all of Aika's Dead Body performances even in spite of the mistakes. On the other hand, I still think the B2 Mushi no Ballad is embarrassing to this day.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  11. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Way to throw me under the bus there :lol:

Though I thought some of her performances were kinda harrowing to listen to, I also thought she would eventually be able to do it, and it's actually pretty sick how she's gotten better at the guitar.

12. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Yes, I think the potential for growth was more enticing than her performance at that time.

13. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Aika was center in the most recent N performance! I've been waiting for this for a while! She's been really glowing lately, so I'm really glad that she got this opportunity.

Has she gotten to center Rashikunai yet? I wanna see Wcenter Aika and Naru.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  14. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Nope. Still some magic where she unders for JK when she unders for Sayaka, though in the last performance I believe she took Sayaka's position in Rashikunai.

15. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Well, I guess I have another thing to look forward to. Seriously, Aika is like a dream to me. She never disappoints me; she always amazes me, and that NEVER happens to me. Like, my own existence is a letdown (not to get all personal and stuff) and she is just a diamond in the rough. If everyone could see what I see in her, she'd have become a goddess by now. When she centered Hajimete no Hoshi, I really felt the lyrics. Aika really does shine with her own light. Jesus, I had no idea what I was in for when I got into this fandom. And I just checked her out because I thought she was pretty.

16. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Relax, she's human and she has her own flaws.

Her time will come.

17. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Aika's always been unlucky despite being super talented so I'm glad she's getting the attention she deserves now. More should be made of the fact that the staff trusts her so much that they let her under Yume no Dead Body despite having no guitar experience or how during the N tour, she pulled double duty for units when Murashige and then Riripon couldn't perform.

18. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Unlucky ? when ? where ? how ? loool
    Aika was the standout of the 4th gen from the beginning being the fastest to get promoted only 76 days after her stage debut. It was obvious that the management saw her as an potential ace candidate from the start and put her under the wings of Team N which have always been the strongest team in NMB in dominating fashion until Daisokaku this year where they managed to balance the 3 teams quite well.
    The only thing that spark my mind in term of being unlucky for Aika so far would be missing out Tentoumu Chu sub-unit but then again so did the other ~100 kenkyuusei at that time.
    I'd go as far to say that she's been quite lucky with how everything pan out in 2014 because it really have accelerated her growth within NMB and as an idol(she haven't even turned 17 yet...).
    For me how I see it is that no matter what happens Aika will become a core member within NMB in the future. Wether she ever become a sousenkyo senbatsu on the other hand is something to look forward to. overall I'm just happy that she is able to showcase her talent often recently and grow under team N because her journey as an Idol have only just begun.

19. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I doubt she'll ever rank in Sosenkyo, at least not high just because NMB girls generally have trouble ranking for whatever reason, but as Momoka taught me it's not all about AKB senbatsu. I don't think she's lucky, I think she's talented and management and fans are recognizing it. That's not luck. It has been a good year for her thought and I'm so glad that people are really beginning to see in her what I do (although not quite as :omfg: as I am about it). As far as I can tell, her time is arriving. Her only bit of barrier was that Nagisa ended up being pushed way ahead of her, undeservedly in my opinion (now let me be clear-I'm not saying that Nagisa didn't deserve her push, only that it was disproportionate to her abilities in comparison to Aika). My hope for NMB's future is that Aika will center N, Jo center M, and Nagisa center BII and then I think NMB will have a bright future so long as there is a good balance between the three and one is not pushed way ahead of the others or one pushed way back.

Edit: I didn't get into Aika that long ago, but in that time her page numbers here have grown from about 2 in 2 years to 6 in 2 years and 6 months or whatever. That speaks progress.

20. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    her page numbers have grown here because zeroshiki and i spam the crap out of it

that's not a good indicator of progress lol