Single Nogizaka46 18th [Nigemizu] (2017/08/09)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

So more digital downloads this time? Anyway, congrats to Nogi. Even though not by much, this still beat out Influencer. Funny how people where freaking out with low 1st day numbers. Arigatou sea turtle!

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    No, the Billboard figure doesn't include digital downloads.

I'm pretty sure neither are exact figures but really careful estimates with different methods and sources.

3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Congrats Nogi for beating Influencer, but still this figure is lower than anyone's prediction. Most people goes with 30K-50K increase.

4. glsone

glsone Member

It's possible Nogizaka is reaching a saturation point with their fan base. I think management has noticed it and has already begun taking steps into expanding their audience with moves like the Wonder Woman tie in and their own movie starring Nogis. I think treating the group more like a talent agency than just solely an idol group would be a good move for them.

5. hazehazy

hazehazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoda Yuki
    Hadashi de Summer sold less than Harujion ga Sakukoro by 20k in the first week. Maybe it's a summer single thing.

6. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Girls Rule and Taiyou Knock are the only summer singles that sold particularly well over the previous single, and they both had good explanations for why.
    Nogizaka just doesn't do summer.

Too many rain women, I guess.

7. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Taiyou Knock is because the 7-Eleven edition (i.e. Hane no Kioku), right? What's the reason for Girl's Rule 'good sales'? Maiyan center? I'm not around when they released it.

8. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Either way, congratulations ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙✧*。

9. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    More like...non-Ikoma-center single, it seems [hehe]

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Nogizaka46's 18th Single (Nigemizu) (1st Week Sales)
    Week 1:
    880,018 (1st)

cc @ForrestFuller
    source: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2095640/full/

Most accurate numbers since the Oricon article gave out the ACTUAL sales numbers on the article, not just the 'rounded' numbers we typically see at 4:00 AM JST Tuesday morning.

With that, Nogizaka46 has racked up a combined 10 million+ singles sales since their 2012 debut, the fifth to do so (alongside Morning Musume., Pink Lady, SPEED, and obviously AKB48).

(re Maiyan/Nanase center)

Well, that isn't really true after all... [hehe]

11. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    That's really impressive for only 5 years in. They still got many more years too (hopefully)

12. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Congratulations to the girls! Excellent work. Pretty solid single in terms of overall quality, as someone said: not too good songs, not too bad songs.
    Let's hope they continue to take the best off this wave of popularity without exhausting the most popular girls. That's one of the lessons to learn with some of AKB's poor management decisions, imo, and they seem to be doing it.
    (The other lesson is focus on unity which is already Keyaki's trademark)

13. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Um yeah, I should've realized it.. :lol:

Do you really think Nogi's unity problem is worse than Keyaki? I think it's the other way around. Kanji-Hiragana unity is worse than Nogi's senbatsu-under unity, imho.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  14. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I thought Billboard Japan accounted digital downloads. Can someone confirm this to be true or not?

15. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Just received my discs. I'm not going to lie. It's a disappointment. Not music wise but the DVD extras. I buy the physical discs for the DVDs and since we didn't get any member's kojin PV it's not as good. I am not too interested in the NogiKoi stuff because it's too much like mousou requests which have gotten old really quickly. Meh.

I was hoping that Nogi with their young double centers would return to some of their earlier sounds. When was the last time they had a decent crowd pleaser amongst the coupling songs? In their last few singles, they don't seem to have a song that would rouse the crowd like House or Romantic Ikayaki. That's what I would've loved to have seen from them.

Also, I've changed my mind on Live Shin/Kami. I think that's turned out to be my favorite.

16. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Funny cause I hate House! with a passion :D It's too catchy in an annoying way. Just hearing/reading the title 'House!' makes my head filled up with 'chotto suki suki sukiyo dakedo mada mada mada...' and it's hard to be repelled off because I will auto sing it in my brain for another thirty minutes. So irritating.

About the songs, compared to Keyakizaka nowadays Nogizaka sounds like a childish older sister (while Nogi fans will refute by saying Keyaki is an emo little sister lol)
    But really. The quality of the songs given to Nogizaka has decreased, imo. It's as if they carefully filter good songs and so-so songs, then give the good ones to Keyaki, because 'hell yeah, it's Nogi, fans will still buy it even if the CD only contains a medley of members' fart sounds.'
    I'm exaggerating of course, but the pattern has been increasingly visible with each release. I hope they quit the funny stuff soon.

17. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I'd pay large sums of money for that. :lol:

It would be best though if they stopped writing so-so songs, and only write good songs, for both groups. In that case, everybody wins.

18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I hate House! too. For this single I'm actually expecting something like Sanbanme no Kaze, catchy, high energy, nice choreography.

About their songs compared Keyaki, I think it depends on people's preference. I'm one of those who were excited of Keyaki due their huge Silent Majority breakout. But even from their 1st single, other than SaiMajo I couldn't find any other songs that quite please my ear. The following 2 Keyaki singles also underwhelmed me that I finally gave up on them. Nogi on the other hand has always please me with their singles. Even the so-so single like this one has about 2 -3 songs that I would loop on my player. Influencer is one of my favorite single and I like the new songs from their 3rd album too.

19. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Billboard does count digital downloads in their Hot 100 ranking, etc. but they also release figures such as above which are just physical sales counts.

20. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    That's really a nice number. Lots of 8, it's a lucky number in chinese. Also ending with 18 for the 18th single.