Nogizaka46 to recruit 3rd Generation this Summer

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by namine, Feb 22, 2016.

1. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I wasn't trying to judge/value either approach. I'm only refuting the too much like AKB argument since 3 in 5 years is nowhere comparable to AKB's pace.

2. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Oshima Mai was a first generation member

3. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah it really isn't. But the fact that they were much better at pushing new gen girls says quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

4. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    nogi do need 3rd gen. and they need recruit young one. it's pretty understandable if people disagree. i dunno guys, if people complain about some untouchable senbatsu member, but if management sudennly kick out Waka, quite frankly Misa, and the untouchable front liner (i.e Maiyan, Nanase, Nanamin, Iku), then pick random girl for senbatsu and fukujin, there will louder madness scream. And we will have same discussion like in akb's thread: poor Okada Nana. forever shafted Kashiwagi Yuki. the ignored Kuromochi Asuka. poor Takahasi Juri. oh Nagao Mariya, gosh she's 3rd fastest HS seller in her gen but they leave her out. it's pissed of me when Atsuko centering Beginner after Yuko win SSK. why Okappa centering NGT first song when they have Katomina. and so-so. people keep compare nogi with akb which there are more disappointment, more hatred, more dissatisfaction.

it's natural that we want nogi doing better and have secure future. but, for me, i want they do it with their own style and not forever shadowed by akb.

5. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    That's true for most early gens, but I hope Nogizaka will ever have a situation like AKB's 8th generation.

I also think there's a distinction to be made between promoting and giving work. Though that's a long discussion for a different time (for me anyway)

6. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I can see that distinction, but it doesn't mean as much when you take into account the fact that 1st to 3rd gen were signed up pretty quickly for very powerful agencies (which, back then was the equivalent of being given work).

So yeah, I do think there's much left desired in terms of how they're pushing the up-and-comings.

7. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    What if a 3rd generation means no kennin with Keyakizaki? Would that satisfy the skeptics? (This is a rhetorical question. I know that it won't)

Anyhow, I think the management has loosened up in terms of their treatment of UG and 2nd gen. They shutdown NogiDoko and its senbatsu focused casting and replaced it with KojiChu which, if you hadn't noticed, has increasingly incorporated the UG and 2nd gen well. See the previous six to eight episodes before this past Sunday. They had many memorable UG/2nd gen interactions with senbatsu members. And those episodes were awesome. A third generation will only add to the awesomeness that is Nogizaka46.

Can we get the nutshell version?

8. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    actually what I meant was 5 girls to replace the 5 girls replacing the leaving members... and also we still got bunch off younger and potential 1st gen, so it would make the competition more entertaining

9. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    hmm my two pence on 3rd gen recruitment,
    Personally I am rather neutral about this, maybe a bit surprising considering how much I was against 2nd gen recruitment at the time lol. Well I think we can list the concerns about 3rd gen first, those are roughly;
    • 2nd gen under-utilized alrdy
    • limited senbatsu space
    • too much members, becoming more like 48 groups
    On the last point, I think that will depend on how much members are accepted first. But all in all I don't think it'll be greater than 2nd gen at most, & even if they fill it up to 46 girls (a maximum number I imagine), echoing an aforementioned point a new recruitment four years since the last feels like a far cry from 48 group to me lol.

As for the first two points tho, these are very valid concerns. But I don't think it's that bad too, & here is where situation differs from the time of the 2nd gen announcement that made me so against it back then & neutral now. Namely, nogi is in a much more popular & in a better footing now, & actually much better at resource distributions too. Back then I think resource distribution was terribad & to make things worst there was limited resources too. Nowadays resources are multifold of back then I dare say and better distributed. There's Unders lives, more appearances on the flagship show, a strings of off-telly shows & radios, 7 official modeling gigs (including Under members), everyone is more or less making mag appearances (unimaginable back then..), greater opportunity at musicals (Joshiraku was better overall for Unders than the Principals imho..), & prolly more.

Of course there's always space for better resource distribution I think. But rather than a generation problem it's more of a resource distribution problem I think, and also a problem with an outdated senbatsu/Unders system imo. With the popularity distribution within nogi, I rly think some sort of double-aside system (or maybe something like LDH) would be preferable than the current system. But back to my main point, these two are the main problem I think; resolving these two & a 3rd gen, as long as not too numerous, don't sounds too troubling to me.

10. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i dont know about this 3rd gen recruitment...but getting more members to Nogi46 means more members will fight for already very limited senbatsu. i could see this is an opportunity to find some talented 3rd gen members to challenge the 2nd gen members.
    will the 3rd gen member make a big impact? i dont know....

11. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

... I have bad feeling about this...

I don't know why but that is just my feeling

12. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I can't really summarise it without giving some kind of reasons for thinking so. I'll do my best to not say anything controversial.

A lot of idols get lots of work. This is desirable but depending on the idol and the work, it's not always enviable.
    Using AKB as the example, as always: most girls in the AKB48G are in the theatre for a number of times per week. And some are on variety a lot, many girls who don't were shown a good few times on anta dare. It's a lot of exposure, but is it meaningful exposure? We can't say for sure that it's better than Nogizaka.

I don't want to say Nogizaka is doing well for its unders, because I disagree with a lot of decisions. And I would like unders to have a fair bit more to do.
    However, I would like to argue that AKB non-senbatsu aren't inherently better off as idols than Nogizaka non-senbatsu, even though they get more work.

Despite how busy they're kept, some AKB girls are perma theatre girls. They'll be lucky to ever be featured in one under girls song, even if they do well in variety shows.
    Nogizaka by virtue of having fewer members can put every member on every CD. And also because they have fewer members, it's pretty common for fans to be able to name every member. With AKB, this is much less common. Forget the full 48G members.

Again I'm *not* saying that one is better than the other. I'm just saying AKB non-senbatsu aren't definitely better off. Extra work doesn't mean extra rewards, and I personally don't know if I'd swap less work but more chances for more work that won't pay off.

Yes, I noted that less members is good. But relatively so. A 3rd gen won't kill us. No recruitment will, eventually.

13. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I agree with you completely, a group the size of AKB48 and all its subgroups is frankly unmanageable and most of the members there don't even get a shot at being on TV at all or doing anything whatsoever. The thing is, they are so far behind with promoting 2nd gen that even in Koujichuu they treat them as if they are these unknown newbies when they've already been in the group for literal years. And of course, they are unknown, but how can they get more popular when they get such a small set of resources allotted to them? Girls like Maichun know how to hustle and work for themselves, but most of the 2nd gen are quiet and shy (even now! because they've had no chance to come out of their shells) so it's hard to hope that they will self promote properly.

What makes me worried is that we've already had tales of squandered generations in the 48G, and I'm not talking about 8th gen, because some of those girls were great (Sano Yuriko ;_; ) but apparently their entitlement and attitude was horrible so they had to be kicked out, it's completely understandable from management's point of view. I'm talking about gens 4-5-6 and especially 7 of AKB, who had great girls but since they were focused on the Kami8 and pushing JuriRena those girls got nowhere, even when some of them were relatively popular like Amina or Reinyan the mgmt wouldn't even look at them.

I guess another case is SKE's 4th generation who went on to become Original Team E, but they were completely overlooked as well until they ranked in SSK but by then it was too late to push them as a team.

I like a lot on 2nd gen members so I don't want them to be swept under the rug and pretend they never existed because for sure when they pick the 3rd gen members, there will be aces and pushes from that gen who will take precedence over the super slow growing 2nd gen and it makes me sad.

14. YuNcHuNsA

YuNcHuNsA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    It feels as if there's going to be more 1st gens graduating this year :(

15. kazu55

kazu55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wakatsukiyumi
    Twitter:
    MacRedmoon
    It will be, and must be. If another fukujin member going to graduate before the time release of 16th single, it won't be surprising if we could see another airdrop center from 3rd gen. I wish not, though.

16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @rust I completely agree with the LDH idea. In fact that actually seems like the best way to promote these new gens.

@garnetjester I'm not going to deny that the number of girls is unmanageable in 48G right now, but considering we've had tons of hints from management that a huge shakedown was underway, the current graduation rush makes sense. Management has hinted over the past 2 years that they too thought the current number was too high.

Given how even the 'completely unpushed' middle gens have managed to find outside work, though, I actually have to say they did a feasible and rather respectable job of at least ensuring that even the permanent theater girls found work outside of AKB. The result of girls like Miepi, Shawako, Noro Kayo, Saito Makiko, etc. all should point to the fact that even with 500+ girls (past and present), they managed to find outside work that gives them a real shot at being a real deal in entertainment. The fact that any theater girl is basically on par with an ace member like Kikuchi Ami from Idoling!!! or any previous Morning Musume member should say a lot.

Which leads me to my final point - that outside work is ultimately far, far more important by leaps and bounds than being in senbatsu. Yes, senbatsu is great - we still elevate it, after all - but what makes or breaks an idol's career is how much outside work she gets. Look at the difference between Jurina versus Sayanee - one has been in senbatsu much longer, but the other is doing much better in terms of endorsement deals and such. Ultimately, the one who has more outside work wins.

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I agree partially, because while in AKB's heyday it was very simple for girls to get great outside jobs even if they weren't famous (remember when they signed EVERY member of the group with an agency? What a time to be a fan...), in a group like Nogizaka things are different because resources are different. Surely the 2nd gen members are getting things that are good for their careers, I mean, let's not pretend they are all locked in a dungeon lol but being in sebatsu is directly correlated with the amount and high profile of the personal work you get as an idol. It's because if a girl is in senbatsu she is presumed to be a safe bet for advertising and modelling and etc, because it means she's popular enough to be in the creme of the crop.

Now I'm plenty aware that idol groups aren't charities etc, but this particular case with the nogi 2nd gen makes me think more of the "shooting yourself on the foot" idiom. They scout great girls with great potential and then hardly give them any chances to get well known for the public.

18. shirai46

shirai46 Kenkyuusei

lmao correct me If I am wrong. unders and 2nd gen members will probably graduate at the same time as the regular senbatsu members. I
    guess as one of the youngest members Ikuchan and Ikomachan will be the main centers and "represent" Nogizaka as their "faces"
    this basically means that they are dead and the 3rd gen will shine, while unders and 2nd gens will be thrown out into the world without being much known in public.

19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I could be wrong here, but Nogi is becoming more and more like AKB, I don't really see much difference other than what you guys have mentioned. Honestly just to be a little of topic, I'm not really trilled about Keyakizaka, for me it's just another SKE sister group and who knows how many more they come up with. I won't be surprised about "kenin" announcement soon. I don't know which is doing a better job in pushing other member but Nogi Senbatsu are basically the same in each single, when in the beginning I thought that THAT alone will separate Nogi from AKB, that the rotation of Senbatsu are NOT confined to within those inside Senbatsu, but also includes the UG. Yah sure one or two from UG are inserted, changes for the center position now and then but the fact that Ikoma centered the 1st five single is already an indication that this group is patterned form the same AKB blueprint.

Rena Matsui kenin for me is Ok, same with Ikoma, even the Kojizaka46 gimmick was still good for my taste (because of Nyan Nyan of course) but AKBNogi? Why not go all the way and absorb Nogi to AKB. Feels like a last ditch effort to salvage ABK's popularity at Nogi's expense (pls don't get mad at me AKB fans, I was there before also). I would have been more accepting if Keyakizaka were just put in as the 3rd Gen. I have to agree that nothing much is done to utilize the 2nd Gen's potential. At least not enough. It's inevitable for the 1st Gen to graduate, heck I even said I'll be Ok if Ikuchan bring out a bombshell and graduate since I know (and truly hope) her future career is bright with that kind talent. But can we really tell enough effort were made to bring in the second coming of Nogi Senbatsu? I ask since I feel that's not the case. Every announcement of a new single, I really feel sorry for those names that are not called. 2nd Gen? Heck, take a better look at those UG first. How does if feel for those girls waiting and wating for their time to come? I'm don't know exactly but I know it stings.

Well old things never chance I guess, though I'm more optimistic about Nogi. In AKB's case, I just lost track of that group, it's too much, you'll feel sorry for those who deserve a spot, mind you it's not even the spotlight I'm saying, but never had their chance. I just don't want that to happen to Nogi, too many with too little opportunity. I guess I'll be neutral with this 3rd Gen so long as they go to a better direction in utilizing what they have, before they lose whatever momentum they are gaining. Who knows really...

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    You people may think this is a bad idea but mark my words you will be grateful that we have them after the 1st gen oldies started to drop one by one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk