Oba Mina (Minarun) / AKB48 9th Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. adaphon

adaphon Kenkyuusei

Re: Oba Mina / Team 4

^
    I think the blogger is just reposting stuff from 2ch.

2. Rende

Rende Kenkyuusei

i see, i didnt know that japanese netizens were this capable of digging up info

3. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

No...teens can find ways to drink underage. Among others things as well.

4. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

After reading the many comments here, why are many posters surprised by what the girls are doing? Somewhat harsh tones considering that outsiders don't know the background details of it.

Should people be disappointed... Yes!
    The girls chose to become idols and they're behavior isn't reflective of that.

BUT... the girls appear to be in high school before entering AKB (for the most part)! [sealed]
    Besides... everything is still based on rumors which appears to be dug up to discredit the associated members.

How many of you remember your high school days (for those of you Not currently in high school)??
    Teenagers do many things including some wild things like Dating and Drinking!!
    This should NOT be a surprise to anyone! :fear:

Let management do their job and hopefully it will come to a "good" decision based on what it finds!
    Things will work out in the end whether we like it or not. It's not our decision! [aup]

Whatever the girls did BEFORE they entered AKB is really none of our business. PERIOD!
    Whatever the girls did DURING their AKB time is a reflection upon themselves and management and they should take responsibility for it!

5. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Seems to me like she did =\

----------

@MrMojo

I am not surprised that high school girls date and drink. It's pretty normal. Drinking, maybe not everyone. But I imagine there's many that do. I even had a friend who took drugs DURING CLASS in my high school days (in L.A.). To me, I can care less if a "high school girl" dates and drinks. I may not personally like a girl drinking underage - but it's none of my business.

But here's the thing .. Minarun is NOT a regular "high school girl". She is an idol. Therefore, her image (even her past image) is on the line. Sure, maybe AKB doesn't have rules against dating and drinking BEFORE a girl joins - BUT the fact is that it will still affect Minarun's image that she did something illegal (underage drinking and possibly paid sex/dates). And as the captain of Team 4, it may affect how the fans treat the entire team.

If today she is a regular high school girl in Japan, I wouldn't care at all. But if today she is indeed a girl with such a negative past - it can be a reflection of her character & personality. And personally, I don't want to support any idol with a bad character & personality.

Basically, image (character & personality) is very important for an idol. Rules or no rules, if an idol has a bad image - fans are not going to like it. The reason why fans like idols is because idols are supposed to be "pure" or at least have a good character & personality. What's the point of idolizing an idol if she's just like every other high school girl you can find out there?

I love Takamina because I think she is an amazing person. I love her for her character & personality. If today I find out that Takamina actually is not a nice person as she seems to be, then I will immediately drop her as my oshimen.

Anyways, that's just my perspective on this whole idol/image situation.

6. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

I'm aware that idols are "suppose" to be viewed with a "pure" (virginal?) image but that's putting someone on a pedestal to be awed at. Yes, idols have to maintain a "clean image" for the sake of the public.

But whatever happened to the girls' rights?
    If anyone treated them differently, then that's how those people treat them.
    I still consider them "human" and a "person" even IF the girl is an idol.
    Many times... people forget that and that's how and why many problems occur [aup]
    Look at what's happening now.

Some people may care about the girl's past life before idol-dom while Some others don't.
    Whether her past image will affect her now is up to each fan. I give people the benefit of the doubt.

But reading some of the posts in this forum and other forums, it seems like people forgot about all the things we did in high school, many of which we regret and/or like to forget.

Too bad Oba "forgot" to remove her online activities about her life before AKB [sealed]

My point was.... IF Oba did those things during (as in now) the time she was in AKB, then she should face the consequences of her actions and take responsibility! Oba "should have" known about doing things like that If she was going to become an idol. Let her feel her foolishness herself as she probably knows she has to rectify this problem now for her past actions!

I didn't say she was innocent [sealed]

If my favorite girls did something like that and it was proven correct, then I would be disappointed.
    But that does Not mean I'd abandon them!
    EVERYONE deserves a second chance! Who are we to judge??
    She'll just have to work harder to prove herself again and to earn our trust in her again.
    If people want to give up on them, then that's their choice.

Well... to each their own.

Let's wait and see what management says and does.
    PEACE [angel]

7. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I can somehow see all this being utilized by management to turn Oba into a bit of a "badass" idol. Like, "Yeah, that's right! I'm an idol! AND I can do some crazy shit! Say suttin'!"

Or maybe I'm just being really weird here. *shrugs*

8. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

^ Well, it actually would be kind of cool if they do that .. @_____@

If they give Minarun a "bad ass" image .. then I might actually not care so much about her past and might actually like her more .. lol

And maybe her saying she wants to be like Yukirin as a captain is also planned .. [hehe]

Well, I kind of doubt this is the case though =\

----------

@MrMojo

You talked about people changing and giving them a second chance. Well, personally I don't believe people can change their character that fast and that easily. All those stuff she did was in late 2009. That was not very long ago. I doubt she changed that much since then. I think people's character stay with them for a long time. While many of my high school friends have matured - their character is still much the same.

Like you said, "to each their own". Personally, if Minarun really did all those things .. then I just cannot accept her as an idol anymore. I think it is too much even if she did those things in the past. I think it still reflects her character and personality even now. Sure, not everyone cares about an idol's character and personality. But I do. This is how I personally measure how much I like an idol. To me, a girl's character and personality are the main priorities (okay, cuteness & sweetness are also huge for me). From what I've seen, Akicha, Acchan, and Takamina are really, really nice people. And that's why I love them so much to be my top 3 oshimen.

9. caramujo

caramujo Kenkyuusei

She was replaced from the performances on 21st, and the performance from the 24th as well, due to poor physical health :awesome:

BUT... according to the last blog post of Togasaki, he's tending to ignore all these rumors :hehe:

But I did'nt see nothing wrong, she was just following Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru, no? :awesome:

EDIT: Yes, after the tweet, it seems that they still have to do a formal judgement about the case, we'll have to wait until next month :p

10. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

^ well, he didn't say any of the rumors are false .. he actually sort of confirmed that they are real .. like "they did these things but please forgive them" .. -_-

*sigh* .. I was hoping for a more direct answer. oh well.

thanks for the translation btw.

11. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Somehow Togasaki seems to have to the best mindset about this then the rest of us.

12. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana

That blog post was before he tweeted that the issue won't be ignored he was going to "deal with" the rumors after he returns to Japan. I wouldn't say she's entirely off the hook yet, though this gives me hope that maybe she will just have to issue a formal apology (and perhaps lose her status as captain) rather than getting fired. Interesting that he said that the policies have "changed" from what they were in the past. Seems that they used to be stricter.

"Poor physical health" [wonder]

13. wilstrick

wilstrick Kenkyuusei

she's not fired yet? i was looking at ayarin's old "scandal" and she was gone within a week! they getting soft [hehe]

14. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

^ That's a good thing....probably. Also Kikuchi got fired because she actually had a boyfriend while she was in AKB (Atleast that's what i heard).

15. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

Words of not accepting as an idol anymore are kind of weird to me since oba has actually had this 'character' in akb. She's grumpy, tough and you can tell she could easily go 'yankee' on someone. That's never been hidden, the blog just shows this character to be true.
    In my eyes nothing has changed.(personally I find it damn moe when she gets grumpy :cute: )

16. oddball

oddball Member

hmm, I think it was sort of a stop-gap answer though wasn't it, they probably need a bit of time to either check through it all or decide what to do about it all so got TGSK to tweet this so that we at least get something

17. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

Dang! I guess i have missed so much about what's going in AKB :fp: :(

After reading the rumors about Minarun, i say if the rumor is indeed true then forgive her guys. NONE of us is perfect in anyway whatsoever. Which one of us had never make mistakes and do foolish things before? Besides that pic was taken BEFORE she joined AKB right? The case with Ayarin getting fired last time was because she broke the rule of no relationship/date while she's still in AKB.

18. Lottie

Lottie Kenkyuusei

19. lkwreader

lkwreader Kenkyuusei

a translation of the above entry, but not by me, from AKBJournal:

Team 4 member, Ooba Mina has proposed a suspension. Management has accepted the case, and this is the announcement.
    Below is a message from her.

Because of my past blog entries, I, Ooba Mina, have caused members and fans to worry. I am really sorry. Because of this matter, I think I am not qualified enough to be Team 4 captain, so I will resign from it. And then, I will also resign from janken tournament.

I don’t know how to apologize to fans who have supported me. But using this chance, I wish some time to reflect upon myself and asked to be suspended (from AKB48) for a while.

Because my egoism, I have caused fans to worry for a long time, I am really sorry about it. But please, give me some time. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

Team 4 Ooba Mina.

20. oddball

oddball Member

Well, I think we had pretty much all guessed that she would not hold onto the capatancy, as for the suspention, well, it's sad becuase I will miss her whislt she is gone but I suppose at least it shows that management still believes there is a future for her as they have only suspended her and not fired her (i.e. they plan to bring her back!)