TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

Seemed like more info into this project
    A person collecting infos on auditions of Korean music labels in Japan tweeted
    https://twitter.com/koreaaudition/status/936212981603381248

(Sorry beforehand for my bad Japanese/ English)
    "As there is an influx of questions regarding Produce48, we decided to make this announcement.

From information we received, members would be selected off remaining trainees, only trainees from existing agencies will participate in this. Seemingly, the audition will not be opened to general public.

Sincerely yours."

This makes the speculation that those 5 girls from Idol School will too be in this show sound more possible.

In case you're interested in the 5 said girls
    Natty, the only foreigner in the bunch (Thai). If true, it will be her third time in survival show, first one is Sixteen.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Haein, may be too old for 48 group as she is already 23 years old. If true, it too will be her third time in survival show and second time in Produce series. She participated in Produce 101 and ended at #17.

Sian

Eunyeong, she was the best dancer in Idol School.

Yuri, it seemed like she was a decent pianist?. Clearly, she was the worst dancer in the bunch.

Watching these video makes me curious if high note/ ad lib part will be added into Korean version of AKB's song.

Korean 48 group likely has eldest average debut age as it is troubling to debut at below 15 years of age due to labor law and some members likely will be elder than 21.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

So many trainees are trained for so long that it’s impossible to find any decent below 16. I wonder if Natty will finally make it in lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. HappySakuraHappy

HappySakuraHappy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    So if they’re picking only current trainees, does that mean it won’t be a permanent group? I don’t remember clearly but I remember something about Idol School or Mix Nine or The Unit about trainees having to terminate contracts if they decide to do the show. Hopefully they don’t do that with P48 but if they do then it holds potential to be permanent no?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

My point is that CJ is not giving groups away for free even if the main goal is for ratings and ad sales. Plus you have to look beyond Mnet since CJ is a conglomerate. CJEM operating profit went up by 300% in the 3rd quarter with the music depart have the greastest increase.

Wannaone is already forecasted to triple IOI's revenue by the end of year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

A member of April debuted when she was 13 (inter age = 14 Korean age). No one can top Kang Jiyoung (of Kara) of 2 week training, truly a legend.

No agency will allow its trainee to join if there is contract termination. Also, all medium to small agencies will be fumed and boycott Mnet.

A possible model is permanent I.O.I, a member may keep being a kennin until her other group is well-established then she will graduate. But, this model may result extremely frequent graduation that the group's popularity and dynamic/ cohesion will be damaged. On the other hand, if a member keep being kennin for too long, the dynamic/ cohesion of her other group will be affected. Also, it's expected this will lead Mnet to produce new audition yearly to fill the void.

It is speculated that, if Mnet collect promising free agent eliminatees of Produce 101, Idol School and The Unit and drop-outs of bigger agencies, it can easily get decent 40+ contestants for this show.

You should note that this is Korean-Japanese group which means there will be Japanese trainees. Many doubt if AKB's kenkyuusei will join.

Also, I think it will be interesting if kenkyuusei/ members of oversea 48 groups are recruited to this project.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. trxsh

trxsh Member

Oh, I hope Natty can finally debut. iirc, she was pretty good when she was on Sixteen, but since she was like 12 years old it was like why bother (ironically that would make her perfect 48 group age now!!)

I wonder where they will get quality Japanese trainees from. I'd like to see some Avex trainees. They might as well send FAKY since they pretty much flopped but they deserve another chance, theyre so talented.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think it’s safe to assume the contestants will all be South Korean.

Imagine the logistical nightmare of having girls speaking in 5 different languages.
    Either they invest a fortune in interpreters, which would be a mess, or they separate the girls by nationality, which would be a bit... weird and counterproductive when tensions are already high politically.

So yeah, I’d say this is just Korean.

As for the end game, if they’re gonna form a temporary unit (with the top 16?), I suppose AKS just wants to promote their songs as much as they can so the Kpop stans go “uuuh, this UZA song is cool!” or something.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    A Kpop version AKB :O never thought this day would come. They're going to be trained hard in different areas just like in your usual Kpop standards. If this show hits it off like the past 2 seasons, it can really open doors for AKB worldwide.
    I'm bracing myself for the upcoming mess, because K-netz can be very crazy and harsh.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I love Natty but if i were her i would bw traumatized by survival shows. Especially the ones from mnet. They should've put Natty in PD101 alongside Somi tbh

Conspiracy:

What if the "idol training for the eliminated ones" mentioned in Idol School is this dundundun

• Like Like x 1
  10. trxsh

trxsh Member

I only said it because one of the sources in the thread stated it would have participants from Japan and Korea, but don't feel like combing through the thread to find it. Idk how it would work logistically either though, maybe if there are Japanese or Chinese girls it would just be ones that are already training in Korea. Having girls from other countries would be smart if they are aiming to appeal to intl audience ("global girl group")

Political tensions refer more to the radical nationalist portions of each country, which are pretty small but loud-mouthed, but safely assume that they won't participate in a joint idol show for now. So in other words, the worry would be that there's backlash in the gen population rather than among the contestants themselves....

And lol I was speculating whether Produce48 would result in another wave of new stage48 members talking about how UZA is so great, the old gen and acchan are totally the best, etc etc

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I mentioned UZA because I doubt they're gonna have trainees who've been training for years dancing to Kuchibiru or KnP.
    Were it me, I'd get out on the first two seconds of PAYAYAYAYAY.

Japanese who are already in SK sounds plausible, but anyone who doesn't know the language...

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. plomeplome

Trainees jump around different agencies all the time. Agency cant stop a trainee from terminating their contract unless they already signed an artist contract. The new law prevents agency from charging penalty fees, they can only charge for training costs if they wish to terminate their contract

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Going back to the point where Jpop idols and Kpop idols are trained different, look at this video by Fuuchan: https://instagram.com/p/BcJ7HqzgobC/ and then the way IOI and them danced to AKB songs. Clear differences no? My point is, I don’t think Japanese and Koreans can be fused together. Maybe Japanese (like Momo’s sister, Hana) that are truly interested in being a Kpop idol and has the ability to but other than that, I don’t see how Japanese (like your ordinary aspiring Jpop idols) can make it in the Kpop industry.

• Like Like x 1
  14. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    mama at hong kong rn . maybe there will be another teaser or information about produce48

• Like Like x 1
  15. plomeplome

It goes back to how kpop idols are trained to at least have the basic dance skills to execute choreography correctly and precisely while 48G doesnt have the basic dance skills, they pretty much try to mimmick the choreo according to what they see. Alot of kpop idols arent even good dancers or interest in dance but at least they have the basic skills to follow the choreo. Without the basics, there is no way you can follow the dance moves precisely since you dont even know how to move your body correctly. And this is just talking about dancing not singing which is worse lol

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    with all the talks abt how good dancer kpop idols are, i really thought they will show their ability off during the perf,... but in the videos above, either they lypsinc and obviously depend a lot on backvocal .

• Like Like x 1
  17. plomeplome

Ofcourse they depend alot on backvocals with all the productions and stuff. But the majority are able to pull a stable live performance (maybe check out The Unit performances where is 100% live and they are failed idols)

There is definitely a gap between skills of J and K idols. And it got much to do with how effective their training are. 48G training system are so ineffective that I dont even think 48G has a training system. Debuted kpop idols still take lessons during the vacuum period.

Maybe it got to with the viewpoint of each country/fandom about how talented their idol should be.

• Like Like x 1
  18. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    Hey guys, pls remind that Jpop isn't about 48G only.
    Let's see, even EG and H!P 's dance and vocal ability is in one level or higher than Kpop majority.
    Kpop nowadays have members who not-good-but-not-bad dancers and singers too. Even though no one can beat Nattsun and Tanigawa, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I can see what u mean. But one thing thou: There are idols in japan with very good vocal and dance ability, but (un)ironically they tend to flop (as compared to a worse singer). by showing us a flop idol group who can sing doesn't mean that average kpop idol is good singer, or that a more popular kpop idol is even better. (your logic was kinda like "see A is a failed idol, yet A can sing. so popular idols must even be a better singer". the ideal which we all know doesn't happen in real life.

a trend thou: good look is important regardless it is j-idols or k-idols. there are outlier and as mentioned by the term 'outlier', it happens in 1 or 2 casw

• Like Like x 1
  20. plomeplome

I never said that there is a difference between the skills of successful group and nugus cuz I dont believe so. The differences between them are opportunity and the ability to attract fans. The Unit showcases 126 idols (18 performances), I think its pretty safe to say that its a good size of sampling to see the average level of talent of a typical kpop group. Even weak performances are pretty stable and they rarely went terribly offkey like what we often hear in 48G.

Ofcourse being goodlooking is one of the more important factor, afterall this is showbiz. Looks and personality are always the most important thing.

• Like Like x 1