S48 Mafia Game VI - Lucky Piece (Game Over)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by gideon123, Jan 20, 2011.

1. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

@AT: Good point...but I kept thinking about that one character like, "He's got two abilities...and he's alive. Granted he didn't eat a Devil Fruit to acquire his second ability, but still..."

And besides, a lot of Ribbon Pirates already had Devil Fruit abilities from the start of the game. If I killed them off for eating another Devil Fruit over the course of the game, then people could've been REALLY dying left and right and that could've potentially made the game imbalanced in favor of the Mutiny and the Marine.

@Naomi: Early in the game when I thought flagator and vikacong were going to be inactive for the game, I tried contacting another forum member to see if they'd like to take one of their places, but that person was so slow to respond that I would've considered just letting those characters be inactive, or at least take over flagator's role and use a number generator to pick out his targets. Fortunately both of them were able to play.

Plus, it would've been difficult from a story point of view to add a new player because I'd have to come up with a new character with a back-story and abilities comparable to Yuko's on such short notice, and then introduce that person to a crew in the middle of a crisis aboard a ship out in the middle of the ocean, and THEN believably narrative the new character joining the Mutiny. All the while NOT blatantly giving away that the new character is actually Mutiny.

And on top of that, all the Mutiny characters have had their own bitter sentiments building up for some time with that particular crew, so it's not like I can get a brand character to just come along with the same sort sentiments as the original four, ya know? It's kinda like...Yui taking over Erena's spot in "Majijou Teppen Blues," and then telling off Atsuko, "I hate you!" Atsuko's all like, "Eh? Why?" since...she's just meeting Yui for the first time in that particular context.

So in the end, I figured it best to just let Yuko go, and have you guys carry on as usual.

Arrr. :pirate:

2. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Yeah the tree was kind of imba >< We couldnt kill him and yet he can give away such good abilities. Felt a bit cheated after killing off the vigilante that another vigilante was created -_-"
    The other thing was the colours in the writeup being exactly the same as our role titles...it made it very hard to defend ourselves unlike previous mafias where the colours went by team.

But all in all it was a pretty good game...I did enjoy it very much despite the accusations flying about :D

3. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

i think poly was great cuz he was able to make it almost till the end

4. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

She..
    *cough*

Anyway.. so yes. Great game all.. Yay Ribbon Pirates! [party]

5. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

XD thanks, but it was also due to the fact that my ability was less threatening to town.

<3

6. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

Sorry Poly

7. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Mine wasn't either. Sure, I could roleblock someone and protect one of you guys, but I wasn't threatening at all. :hehe:

And you know what's annoying? When I finally get a chance to do the night kill, IT DOESN'T WORK. :mad:

8. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

but Nomi is a great player, i wish i could be on the same team as her in the next Mafia

:worthy: :worthy: Naomi

9. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Yes I did.
    Unfinished business from mafia2 was the motivation ;) :D

10. katastr0phical1

:fp: you know.. I didn't even think about that. Never crossed my mind that this was the first time we had crossed since then...

WHEW. [whew]

11. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^
    Haha. Well, night 1 as the serial killer is a totally random choice. I just looked over the list of players, and your name called to me :p

12. katastr0phical1

Im sure it did. [notme]

13. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Yay, at least now I know I did something useful towards the game xD

14. Naomi

Aww, thank you. :blush:

I have a question - if Tyzer was the Nexus, how would we kill him? Since we had to kill everyone, it may have been really hard to get him lynched, especially if he admitted to being the Nexus. If we were to roleblock him, would that have blocked his Nexus ability? Or would that roleblock be redirected to someone else?

(I know this doesn't matter now, but I was thinking of it last night and I'm just really curious. :D)

I meant having someone take over the role of Yuko, not an entirely new character. xD Oh well. Too late to worry about that now. =P

15. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

Leave him for last then lynch him. But I thought mafia only has to over number everyone else not exactly kill everyone. I guess yours is different?

16. Decreez

Decreez Kenkyuusei

^ LoL at that reason. And to be honest, I didn't know I was poisoned :awesome:
    So I was like "OH SHIT I GOT POISONED AND I JUST DID A SMOOTH MOVE" when I found out [hehe] [hehe]

17. Naomi

Yeah. Both times I've been mafia we've had to kill everyone. xD

I actually didn't mind all that much since the day would have most likely ended in a No Lynch anyway, so at least someone died. :awesome:

And I don't know if it was mentioned before, but what was your ability anyway?

18. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Nami... you're kidding right? D=

19. Naomi

Kidding about the ability thing? I have no idea. D: I don't remember it being mentioned in detail. [blush] I know he was the kraken, but I don't know the specifics 'n' stuff.

20. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Jester >_>