Single Sakurazaka 2nd [BAN] (2021/04/14)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Mar 1, 2021.

1. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    A lot of you aren’t keeping track of their meguri results. Less people have sold out compared to NF. More than 5 members are yet to sell anything...you do the maths.

2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Wasn't there issue's with the meguri's time slots and crashing as well? Fans might have felt frustrated over it and opted out of this one until they bring back actual hs's again

3. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    That's not going to happen anytime soon. Even if everyone in the world is vaccinated, it will be a a very long time before people feel comfortable to shake hands again. So the idol industry will have to adjust, and it might be for the better. They might focus more on the music, or the choreographies instead of handshakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    The fact they haven’t decreased dramatically with more than 5 members still not selling a single slot should be recognised. Missing the massive help of National handshake ...and the girls need a hit be it small or huge for a dramatic increases in sales without meguri ...which is dependent on luck lol. And even then...still dependent on meguri/hs. I see handshakes coming back next year lol. A lot of wotas want it to return badly corona or no corona. In person audiences are even returning slowly.

5. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    My copies came in today and I'm looking forward to watching the Sakura Banashi videos once I get off work tonight.

6. BunnyUnnie

BunnyUnnie Kenkyuusei

can someone explain to me what is sakura 8 ?

7. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    It's the 8 members that are in the first 2 rows in the dance formation, and have also appeared in all songs so far.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  8. SPTofumon

SPTofumon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kanemura Miku
    Twitter:
    SPTofumon
    I think for me I had more songs I enjoyed on Nobody's Fault, but BAN has some really great songs which makes me excited for Sakura's future. The standout songs for me are BAN, Sore ga Ai, Omotta Yori, and Microscope. Really enjoyed how fast paced BAN was and I love the production; I found that Sore ga Ai was my favourite song because it has such an interesting throwback feel (but correct me, I don't know too much old music) and it really has what Sakurazaka's image felt like to me; Omotta Yori has a free and calming vibe and I really love how the members sing because they sound like they're having so much fun (much different from what I'm feeling as school's ending); and Microscope is also very fun with how much the sound changes.

While I am loving Sakura (especially SokuSaku), I want some more variety for the singles. Unit songs, solos, duets, just anything to help 1) let the Saku8 members relax when they perform and 2) let the back row members have some chance to shine on the single. It's my one hope that I want to happen for the next single and I think S&F should have some confidence to actually have unit songs.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I believe the two companies count in different ways. When I looked into this a couple of years ago, Billboard was including a wider variety of sources (streaming, etc.) and counting CDs by direct cash-register reports, whereas Oricon was working from reports to it by selected stores. I'm not sure what the situation is now. And as @too much idea says, Billboard was including two days this time, not just one. I think it's hard to compare the two companies' reports accurately, unfortunately.

I like what @Iamyoung said about being more interested in the work than the sales. However, the more they sell, the more they will be allowed to produce things for us to see.

It seems to me that the real work starts now. The group and S&F (and Aki-P and Sony) have to find a way to grow popularity and sales from a low point as they did with Hinata. I think Hinata's work with Audrey and with Koyabu-san helped them build a personality to work from, and hone their variety talents. I'm not sure the public at large has any real image of Sakurazaka yet. As for singles, the second Hinata single (Doremisolatido) also sold less than the first (Kyun). Not even the third (Konna ni Suki, which I liked) got back to the sales level of the first. Only the fourth (Sonna Koto Nai yo, which I also liked) squeaked a bit above the first. With their increasing level of publicity, I expect the fourth single to break through a bit.

Perhaps we have to accept it that Sakurazaka is indeed a new group and has to build itself up from here, not as an elder sister to Hinata, but as the next Aki_P group coming up the line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Hono center for next single. They need a shake-up for third single to achieve a great boost to get the audience excited beyond the current fanbase they have.

Aside from center that includes units, solo and duett.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Oricon sales count

Day 1 (4/13): 300,704 (1st)
    Day 2 (4/14): 31,022 (1st) (331,726)
    Day 3 (4/15): 15,856 (1st) (347,582)

12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Hono Center with Pon and Koike as the 3 centers! It gives the current 3 center's a well deserved break, and lets other girls center even if they decide they don't want to change the Sakura8 members.

13. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Well the rest of the music industry probably would think it's better, levelling the playing field for once. But I think Akip-p's idol groups and fans will return to doing handshake events as soon as they are able to since that's their main schtick and cash cow.

14. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    is recochoku still a thing? is anyone taking note of how well they’re doing digitally?

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. lisana.l90

lisana.l90 Kenkyuusei

Oricon's sales for the 14th was 2,873 which is lower than Nobody's fault.

Title Song (First Day) | Title Song (First Week) | Album (Special Edition) (First Week) | Total | Song
    *3,781 | 10,670 | 4,471 | 15,141 | Sing Out!
    *4,224 | 10,551 | 5,107 | 15,658 | Yoakemade Tsuyogaranakutemoii
    *2,997 | *7,311 | 5,054 | 12,365 | Shiawase no Hogosyoku
    12,805 | 20,471 | --- | 20,471 | Sekaijuu no Rinjin yo
    23,327 | 33,391 | --- | 33,391 | Route 246

13,658 | 26,700 | 5,725 | 32,425 | Kuroi Hitsuji
    27,437 | 34,245 | --- | 34,245 | Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?

*3,163 | *6,109 | 5,139 | 11,248 | Nobody's fault

*5,244 | 11,209 | 6,028 | 17,237 | Kyun
    *5,385 | *9,854 | 5,192 | 15,046 | Doremisolasido
    *4,890 | *9,221 | 5,424 | 14,645 | Konna ni Suki ni Natchatte Ii no?
    *5,644 | *9,811 | 6,346 | 16,157 | Sonna Koto Nai yo

Source:
    https://sakamichimatome.2chblog.jp/archives/7620836.html

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    aside from oricon ?

17. lisana.l90

lisana.l90 Kenkyuusei

Billboard Japan also publishes downloads and streams but I am not sure about music services.

Oricon's download chart count the sales from iTunes Store, Amazon Music, Oricon Music Store, mu-mo, music.jp, mora, LINE MUSIC and Recochoku.
    The streaming chart count from Apple Music, Amazon Music, AWA, KKBOX, dmusic, YouTube, YouTube Music, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music and RecMusic.

18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Oricon Sales Report
    Day 1 (4/13): 300,704 (1st)
    Day 2 (4/14): 31,022 (1st) (331,726)
    Day 3 (4/15): 15,856 (1st) (347,582)
    Day 4 (4/16): 9,333 (1st) (356,915)
    4.jpg

19. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea

20. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/cos/w/2021-04-19/ - This is a weekly Oricon Chart for singles covering combination of sales (Physical/Digital/Radio Airplay)
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2021-04-19/ - This is the same week's chart for singles, but covering Physical Only.

The same kind of distinguishing charts exist for albums. I don't remember when Oricon started doing their singles and albums charts like that, but the first time I stumbled upon one was for the 2020 Yearly Singles and Albums Charts. No idea what you could turn to for such distinctions on the Billboard Japan side of the equation.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021