Single Sakurazaka46 7th Single [Shounin Yokkuu] (2023/10/18)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by FlowingColors, Sep 11, 2023.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This Shoninyokkyu "Dance Practice" video is just fantastic. Brilliant dance, shown clearly. Even clearer than the Start Over! dance practice video.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Loved the Dance Practice, the one who stood out the most to me so far is Habu, I love when her dance experience is shown so clearly.
    I 'll have to watch it again, but I'm happy they decided to make this kind of video.

Even though I love Start Over more than any other Sakura song so far, I too think we are not going back instead of forwards.
    Like usual @Rev4 disregard more than half Sakura discography just to prove his point so I'm not surprised by the post nor by the constant comparision with other groups and Keyaki.
    Boring stuff by now for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. ric_cr

ric_cr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Uemu - Kyoko - Aruno oshi
    Well, this is something subjective, that start over had greater views on YT unlike shonin, does not make shonin a setback, shonin is selling more physical than what start did and that is what matters here.

Regarding the remaining songs is still subjective, of the 7 singles from sakura, I have 3 in SSR rank, samidare, start and shonin, but that's how I see it, someone could like BAN more than shonin even though shonin sells more.

And I don't understand comparing the popularity of a Nogi single from 10 years ago with a style infinitely different from what Sakura has today, just because they are both the "7th", there is no need to look for ghosts where they don't exist.

Sakura has already taken off and we are slowly returning to the keyakizaka era in popularity, the invitations to the Paris and Malaysia expo this year and being nominated for the Asia Awards proves it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ric_cr

ric_cr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Uemu - Kyoko - Aruno oshi
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. optionselect

optionselect Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I waited for the forum to come up once again just to understand where that performance came from. Does anyone knows?

Like usual, it takes me more time to like Hikaru song, but this video sealed the deal and now I can't stop singing it.
    Great performance and fanastic set. Loved it.

7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    What a brilliant idea to shoot the 7th in the premises of their fantastic exhibition. Amazing set for an amazing performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I agree. Fantastic MV and fantastic performance. They just get better and better.

The performance is being done in the S46 exhibition now on at an exhibition hall not far from Keyakizaka (the street). Link to report from @SunlitZelkova.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Lyrics for Don't cut in line!

I was robbed while waiting in line at a coin laundry.
    I guess a normal sister doesn't mean anything bad.
    While I was looking at my smartphone...I was also standing in line.
    It's not cool to complain so let's leave it alone.

The world is like this after all
    luck or timing
    it's not fair
    I'm getting angry every time
    I'm just tired of living
    Let's take a step back here

One Two Three

Don't cut in line!
    I don't even want to know what you're washing.
    The things that need to be washed are different, right?
    Even if you use a lot of detergent, it won't get as clean as you want.
    Wash! (Woah woah woah)
    That heart is dirty
    The more you pay attention, the easier it will become.
    Pure white things cannot be compared

I know it's too late now, but I was first in line.
    It's no good to interrupt.
    Even if you preach like that, you will just be ignored.
    Just wait patiently by my side

The dryer was also waiting for her next one.
    Why is this time being openly used by an aunt?
    I've been here for an hour now
    When I tried saying that, I was at a disadvantage.

In life, not everyone will be on your side
    It's better to be selfish
    I read the atmosphere too much
    Yes, there are walls all around.
    Throw away your pride
    If you don't want to get into trouble

Une des trois [Translation: one of the three]

Please do!
    I don't care what you dry though
    There is no kindness to wipe my tears
    No matter how much water I evaporate, I can't erase the memory of crying.
    Watch! (Woah woah woah)
    In such a small space
    Selfish people are acting freely
    It's not just mine that's still wet.

I guess I'll call it quits for today.
    I'm not in a particular hurry...
    It's not too dirty
    If you turn the rattle, it will become clean.
    I don't hate doing laundry

One Two Three

Don't cut in line!
    I don't even want to know what you're washing.
    The things that need to be washed are different, right?
    Even if you use a lot of detergent, it won't get as clean as you want.
    Wash! (Woah woah woah)
    That heart is dirty
    The more you pay attention, the easier it will become.
    Pure white things cannot be compared

I know it's too late now, but I was first in line.
    It's no good to interrupt.
    Even if you preach like that, you will just be ignored.
    Just wait patiently by my side

• Like Like x 1
  10. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    If my French is correct it must be "un deux trois" which actually means one two three...
    Why should the English version of the verse be one two three and the French be something else...
    Again, I guess. I don't have access to the original japanese lyrics...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Rev4

Rev4 Member

You could be right, my French is super weak. Aki-P supposedly wanted to be flashy with french words in this single.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    This single took some time to grow on me but I recently got addicted to Manhole no Futa no Ue. Not exactly fond of the lyrics (they feel quite 48G-ish btw) but the vocals and music are more than enough.
    The 3ki songs are... strange. I know music is subjective but I don't get the fluctuating quality, I guess. Natsu no Chikamichi was okay but underwhelming, Seijaku no Bouryoku was a masterpiece but Mamoribito is rather boring.
    I would rank the songs thus: Manhole > Shounin Yokkyuu > Sukimakaze = Croissant > Don't cut in line! > La vie en rose > Mamoribito

13. Besitos

Besitos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    IZ*ONE & Sakurazaka46
    I agree with the sentiments for Manhole & Mamoribito (and your overall song ranking)... and have you seen their live performance of that song (Manhole) last week at the mini-live? I'm already in love with the song because of its rock-ish elements, but seeing the intricate, intense, yet synchronized choreography + the dance break made me adore & appreciate the song even more. It was very well executed. Choreography wise, this Single gave us top notch dance routines from its songs... it's like they really leveled up from the already great choreos of the past Singles.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  14. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Really love the opening choreography of Manhole :worthy:. It really suits the song :cool:.

15. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Thanks for the recommendation, I just watched it! Yep, as cool as I expected. Something that hasn't changed about Sakura from Keyaki times is how their performances are always so powerful, my favorite in 46G.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Very late to the Mini Live watching..
    Overall I found it pretty weak in matter of choreos and energy.

The only song I'd save right now are Shounin Yokkyuu (amazing!!!), Mamoribito, of which I loved the little changes in the choreo to adjust to the stage (smaller and smaller) and the new fantastic camera shot we got, and Don't cut in line.
    I'm not a fan of Manhole though.

Performances without a public are always less impressive, so as soon as the tour start I expect the energy reach the stars, I'm not worried. My only dobuts are about the utlity of this kind of mini lives.
    This said, there have been shots of TakeYui, Yuu, Mio and Itoha worth the time I spent not doing my break, so I'm happy, but it's clear 3kis still need to learn how to perform for an audience warming them up, even when the audience isn't there.
    All in time.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  17. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Personally, I like that we are guaranteed choreos/live perfs for every song. So many b-sides (in like every music industry) go completely unmentioned and unperformed otherwise.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    True, I meant this kind of mini lives without any audience.
    The response fans give in concerts - big or small - make the experience so much better for everyone; the girls, fans who are there, fans at home, and general people who may become new fans thanks to the expercience.
    Beacause of this I wonder if this kind of mini-live couldn't be held at least in small venues or theaters with a very-lucky-fans who get to be there and would probably give everything they have for the group

• Like Like x 1
  19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I loved the mini-live Manhole...
    For me, the no-audience "dance practice" versions of Start Over! and Shounin Yokkyu may be the best of all, in part since the choreo is so sharp and clear... I like the no-audience mini-lives, too. A different feeling. Maybe less emotional but more exact.
    But I agree that the 3kis aren't quite there in relating to the audience. Great as the show was, I thought they were a bit intimidated by the audience at the Milano theatre...not unnaturally, since the audience seemed to be right on top of them. They certainly tried, but they need time to get used to the situation.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024