Single Sashihara Rino 2nd [Ikuji-nashi Masquerade] 10/17

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by crunky12, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Ozu

Ozu Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] Sashihara Rino 2nd [Ikuji-nashi Masquerade] 10/

Ouch.

I can't attribute this drop to anything other than Sasshi's scandal and the lack of Nogizaka competition this time around. Of course, it's possible that there's some sort of shipping/stock problem or something else off with Oricon's count, but that doesn't usually happen on the first day. Sasshi remained quite consistent throughout the week with Soredemo suki da yo so this won't be a complete bomb, but that is certainly than I expected. It would be sad to see Sasshi lose to Kara in the weekly chart.

2. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

It's more indicative of the market then anything. Decline is expected especially the novelty of debut ran off. Tomochin had about 50% drop off and Mayuyu also had about 30% drop off in overall sales. It just mean that the number are now more reflective of the current market landscape, and not necessary the scandal.

Kara's sale is an example. Say all you want, but that group along with SNSD are the only two group/idols/artist in general that can challenge AKB either in Japan and Asia and their sales dropped as well.

While doesn't look good, the reality is that 20,000 now is good enough to get you top ten for the week and they still does that in a day...

For this single. I'm actually interested in Type break down, but I don't think those number exist... (at least not public anyway)

3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

They certainly choose the week with less competition to ease out the expected decline in sales. And yet, I'm still sure surprise it got 2nd, I was betting on a 3rd or 4th place. [hehe]

4. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

It's day 1 sales is good enough to take last week's #5 spot and #2 in Album sales, there are still 4 days left...

Can Sasshi breaks 80K for the week, that is the question....

5. Ozu

Ozu Kenkyuusei

Usually the weekly sales of all singles releases are somewhere around the double of what they sold on the first day. The more consistent acts tend to do a little better. I have also noticed that it's a bit more likely to see releases that don't sell "much" on the first day do better than that, but that depends on the artist. So Sasshi should be able to sell at least 60k - possibly 70k - but I'm not that optimistic about 80k. We need to wait and see what the second day has in store for us.

6. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Yeah, would would be my projection, which would be about what Diva, Watari 7, and Itano's latest singles done this year.

I only mention 80K because that is the number Morning Musume did last week which is their best number by far (along with their last single) for past 8-9 years.

Overall, that is still a pretty good number despite a huge drop, I'd thought it would be somewhere around 40K on first day...

But given the fact that KARA did about the same number, that tells me it is more of a market itself than anything Sasshi does or did...

This is almost like manga sales for some anime/manga fans...

One Piece dominates the sales chart with 2.5+ millions per new volume and high anime rating around 8%-10%. when the original manga of a similarly rated anime Detective Conan hits with 350,000 they all go "man, how can the original manga sells this badly..."

What they don't realised that for manga industry, similar to music industry right now, 80,000 is a hit, and anything over 100,000 is a smashing success and what One Piece is doing in manga sale for past few years is something no manga has ever done before including the vaulted Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk, or Touch....

7. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Sales update

10/16 28,197
    10/17 20,176

TOTAL 48,373

Sasshi & Anrire easily outsold both HJ Orchestra and KARA yesterday and topped the charts.

8. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

She now actually have a good shot hitting 80K by the end of the week, 4 days left with weekend coming up, I doubt it'll drop significantly below 10K for all four days...

9. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop

I have a feeling that this could be a close one for the week...hopefully the advantage is on Rino's side!

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Sales update

10/16 28,197
    10/17 20,176
    10/18 4,666

TOTAL 53,039

KARA's "Electric Boy" has sold 44,487 copies as of now.
    HJO's "Halloween Party" is at 42,817.

11. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Ouch, guess I was wrong on rest of week can't be significantly below 10K. Guess we'll wait to see what today's number would be... [wonder]

12. adaphon

adaphon Kenkyuusei

According to several fan reports the Theater Editions were shipped on Wednesday, so they should be included in the number we got on Thursday (20,176).

With her 1st single ~12,000 Theater Editions were not icluded in Oricon's weekly number because of Avex's mistake. They even apologized for it. So her 1st single actually sold ~136,000 copies on it's first week.

13. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

There is always an adjustment at the end of the week, I'm pretty sure the weekly number are fixed in not soon after release of number then definitely by second week.

Sasshi's 1st has a total of 151,724 before drops off chart...

14. adaphon

adaphon Kenkyuusei

The weekly number wasn't fixed later, because it's against Oricon's rules to have 5 (or more) songs on a single like the Theater Edition of her 1st single had.

Edit:

I really liked the conversation between Sasshi and Yoshirin about antis and stuff. I wonder if she really is as mentally strong as she claims. Yoshirin also said that, at some point, Yuko was considered no good because she had no antis.

15. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

My bad,

But all it does still just put her just above Mayuyu's 1st and is the closest comparision.

So, let's wait and see how this end by the week's end and match Mayuyu's 88K for Jelly Bean.

Doubtful, but not impossible....

16. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

that music station performance was... not her best work.

17. archy89

archy89 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    archykun

DAFUQ i just watch? :wtf:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYnfoUAeMtg[/yt]

18. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

It's a promotional stunt, damn funny though.

They even add in the catchphrase of the retired mega popular pro-wrestler Antonio Inoki's "1,2,3,DON!!!" (Japan's equivalent of Hulk Hogan). He is the dude that slap Nakai around in in the opening of Kayou Kyoku...

19. 二ロー二

二ロー二 Kenkyuusei

It's not just that... EVERY SINGLE LINE in that fight is a parody of phrases from old school Japanese Pro-Wrestling...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lfHlKHYRY4[/yt]

this clip alone has 2 of the phrases from the fight (notice Kawaei's bitch slap)

they have done it before on AriyoshiAKB, and the same staff member was involved with this one too...

20. Asheron

Asheron Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    asheron02

Promo for the upcoming Ikuji Nashi Masquerade events at Fukuoka and Tokyo. There's a battle for center segment during the events :D

http://avexnet.or.jp/sashihararino/news/121015.html

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015