[SCANDAL] Minegishi Minami demoted to KKS

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

Re: Team B - Minegishi Minami (Miichan)

Japanese wota: all Minegishi wotas should shave their heads to show solidarity at the next handshake event

2. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

Sasshi is more profitable for Aki-P $$$-making machine.

3. Mayuyu-fan

Mayuyu-fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

Altho she's not my oshi... this still hit hard for me...must be harder for her to deal with all that crap the newspapers are printing and other stuff. GANBATTE Mii chan. You have my full support no matter what. FIGHT ON!!!!!

4. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

.... Just came back here after a few days of work and got this :(.

The punishment seems very quick and harsh but... IMO, it's just the beginning.... the next few months will be the challenge for her and she needs to "earn" her place back.... Like Sayaka with her marathon. Same with Minarun as well.

It is very difficult to estimate the impact to her popularity right now. It depends on the exposure she still receives I guess. Sayaka never returns completely from her scandal. Minarun suffers massive loss in the last election....

Now, I am totally confused with how So Long's and Kirigirisu Jin's promotion proceeds, especially with her hair.... This scandal must be very big for AKS :( .

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

gocchisama's take on the situation is very mature and objective. Good post there.

In any case... The demotion to KKS is big, but I'd argue that the act of shaving her head does its job even better in that it exceeded the fans' expectations. It's really uncomfortable to look at and think about but it sure has its intended effect. The wota might have been calling for forced graduation or similar the past day, but now she took care of the problem earlier than most would have thought and in a fashion that's going to satisfy and probably silence the disappointed. It's only a gesture but especially in such a fandom people run on emotions and seeing a girl without her hair and in such a miserable state generates compassion.

I'm perfectly okay with how the situation was dealt with, both by her and management. The scandal saw the light of day, got addressed soon and (I suppose appropriate) penalty was given. It's unfortunate it happened at all but compared to previous cases this was pretty swift and smooth action.

EDIT: As for Bunshun - I'm not entirely sure why people are calling them names. Isn't that point fingers at the wrong people? It's a sad situation, but they did their job and they did it admirably well, granted they're a tabloid magazine.

I'm not going to have this thread turn into another discussion about the love rule (and even less about female rights in Japan). It's a non-issue and it's frustrating that people can't just let it lie. People, especially those living abroad, need to start thinking beyond their borders and into the how the group actually works in Japan, not only how it does for them where they are. There is a difference between what you consider "working" or "sufficient" for you and what different people under different circumstances do. They call that kind of awareness "cultural competence".

6. Redirector

Redirector Kenkyuusei

I just finished watching her video and I'm absolutely speechless. Even if I were to type an essay here I still wouldn't be able to express how angry, sad, and shocked I feel. I expected a punishment yes, but this? I never in my entire life would have expected this. This isn't just a simple punishment, it's a form of humiliation. If demoting her to KKS wasn't enough, they made her shave her beautiful hair. I just.............I never would have dreamed they'd do something like this to a 1st generation member. And since it's a punishment in reaction to a scandal, even with all our support it'll still probably take a couple years for her to get out of KKS. No3b is in danger of being disbanded as well unless they cast someone to replace Miichan and what about the rest of So Long's promotion? Needless to say, now I'm becoming more partial to the whole dating rule. Not so much to the rule itself actually, but to the punishments given to those who break it. Demoting a woman who gave her youth to what is a nation wide (if not global) sensation, and making her shave her hair (which has always been a harsh form of humiliating a woman even in ancient times) just for having contact with another man.........that's just......and hell, is the boy gonna get in trouble? Fuck no he's not getting any punishment at all from what we've heard. This says something about Japan itself and it's attitude towards women. It really does.
    I just...............I really don't know what to say, I'm sorry I'm out.

7. irgheto

irgheto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko

i'm waiting for Miichan's legend this year!
    just like sashi last year.

and i believe that AKBINGO palm reading,
    even that guy said that Miichan will get scandal in 2013

8. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^
    ^
    The decision to shave her hair was hers, remember. It's an act of good faith.

9. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

Just for correction, she shaved her hair by herself without consultation from either management or other members. Of course we can have some doubt but it seems there are no evidences to think otherwise. In fact, as she is constantly on TV, that action alone will cost lots of money. I think management would not tell her to do that.

10. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

They thrive on other people's suffering and spread shit regardless of whether what they publish is true or not. That alone is a good reason to call them names.

11. ET920

ET920 Member

Kübler-Ross model: denial ("It's impossible, just a rumour!"), anger ("Why they are messing with her, they're destroying her life!"), bargaining ("But if Sasshi got away, she should too, right?"), depression ("Her video/reaction/comment is so heart-breaking, I don't know what to say..."), and finally acceptance ("She fucked up and got her punishment, life goes on").

12. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

The shaving of her hair was, rather, a good move as it preempts most of the negative responses to this scandal. The emotion of shock and awe will reverberate more in this case. The rule will mostly be sidelined in favor of public sympathy.

13. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

What's gonna happen to Kousagi Dojo then?

14. MiichanOshi

MiichanOshi Kenkyuusei

At least her other members seem to have forgiven her.

^ From Kojiharus' Google+ English page. :cry:

15. flagator21

flagator21 Member

God bless you, Kojiharu ;_______;

16. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

i bet aki-p happy with this happen,
    now that michan in kks, kks will have big force vocal power to them.

is this mean michan out of team B? damn!

is this mean michan will be no.1 in next election? like hashire penguin.

17. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah

And so it happened it's just that it's early. Miichan shaved her head because she knew she made a mistake. It was her decision.

But you wouldn't want Miichan looking like that when performing right? Too bad for the Gishies. At least KKS would have a popular member then. At least she isn't fired.

18. jade

jade Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jade9454

my heart hurt when I heard about that video
    I can't watch it
    but, it time for us to show our love with Miichan
    let make her media senbatsu dream come true this year

19. MiichanOshi

MiichanOshi Kenkyuusei

We just wait for what the rest of the members have to say now, I suppose... God, I hope they've all forgiven her, she needs them and their support now more than ever.

20. lolmayonnaise

lolmayonnaise Kenkyuusei

She would have known the rules in place as an AKB48 member, and she broke them. She seems to understand that this is her fault alone, so please stop blaming other people. The act of shaving her hair in apology actually makes me think higher of her as a person. I will try to support her more in the future, whatever future she may have in entertainment (AKB or otherwise).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.