Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    I can only speak for myself - but I received notice of my winning Super Enpou ticket at the same time regular Enpou notice would have gone out. I believe it's 5 days before the performance.

I would put in the entire time that you'll be available to go to a show - better odds and gives them more flexibility. You don't need to do it a full month in advance, I sent in my request about 10 days before my show and won one. But I would get it in as soon as possible.

For the length of your stay, I would also sign up at the Ticket Center. That way you can apply for Enpou and General Admission tickets. That is two chances for every show, and you'll know whether you won Enpou before you can apply for General Admission.

2. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

due to the announcement from tgsk-san's blog today (link), i have updated the guide with warnings regarding which portions are now obsolete and which portions are now only partially useful.

to summarize the changes, well, the theater lay-out changed a bit with wider and standing areas. this also means the location for enpous, family seats, and other reserved seats will change. then the tickets no longer require the smaller half (called the hanken) for you to enter the theater. the tickets are now printed with QR codes which will be read and confirmed before giving you access to the theater.

3. Issen

Issen Kenkyuusei

144 seats instead of 170... why ?

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    From what I could tell, it was to make the theater more compliant in case of an emergency. Perhaps to create a more clear path to the exits?

5. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Did anyone who applied and won for a revival show also apply for Super Enpou for regular shows. I kind of want to since I'll be in Tokyo a few extra days, but don't want to be a pest either greedy. But if there is a K6 or SDN48 show I can go to while I'm there :^^;:

For the JCB or other events, is it okay to buy tickets from an auction or broker? I know for theater shows they check names/IDs. Since I'm obviously not a native, I worry I'm not going to be able to get in.

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

Question 1: Yes, I did

Question 2: They have tickets on sale at the resellers, so I am guessing they aren't checking ids

7. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Thanks! I just don't want to jinx myself.

I'm going to try for both Super Enpou and apply to regular shows. Maybe have my first SDN48 experience. :drool:

I know for other concert tickets the name is printed on it, and they could spot check. Normally it would only be an issue if you had one where the name was someone of the opposite sex. For me - they are going to know that my name is not spelled in kanji. :fp:

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I don't know if e-plus puts names on the tickets. But if they are re-selling them, then I am guessing no. Plus, tgsk said nothing about it on his blog.

We will see if I get lucky this time with SE, although I seem to usually be lucky with the regular lottery.

9. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    3000 yen .. that's around $40. not bad at all!

I was afraid it was gonna be some crazy price since it's only a small group of audience each time ...

hope to watch one of the AKB48 shows someday soon =)

10. Yukirin_fan

Yukirin_fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Why the need for a nickname and postal code(listed that i am from overseas) and is it possible that i can put any katakana for the katakana part?

11. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^
    you need the nickname/handle name so that the site can properly greet you once you log-in.

as for the postal code, it will decide whether or not you are qualified for enpou privileges. ofcourse when you claim your ticket you still need to present proof that you do live in that area. if you live overseas, then i guess you can just fill-up that part with any info you want, but i strongly suggest you put in the correct zip code of your area.

the katakana part is for the katakana equivalent of your name (used by japs to make sure they are reading your name properly). you can ofcourse just put any random katakana characters there, but... oh come on! hehe.

12. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ Can I say Thank You! for putting together this guide. Not only did it help me get my first Super Enpou ticket last year, but it also helped me just win my first theater show via the Ticket Center.

[clap]

13. Yukirin_fan

Yukirin_fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i see, thanks, but my postal code only have six numbers,lol,and it states that you need seven numbers and did you put youkokurama as your name in katakana? [wonder]

14. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    You have to put your REAL name, otherwise they can't match your ID to your ticket win. If you don't know what the katakana for your name would be PM me and I can translate it for you.

15. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

well, you will have to be in japan to see a show, right? use the postal code of the place you will be living in japan, but use an address that's "海外"(overseas)-based unless you don't want to use the enpou reservations. though from what i remember, once you put in 海外 as your location, the checking for a valid japanese postal code automatically deactivates itself.

and just like waffle said, you have to use your REAL NAME when registering as they will have to match the name you use with the i.d. (usually your passport) you will be giving the staff member when you get your ticket. (and wow, did you really think i put youkokurama when i registered? that would probably get me zero tickets and a million laughs from the staff members. XD)

16. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the guide. Everything seems to have worked as stated.

Though I have seemed to received an email confirming I applied for a show. Is this the case? It came instantly after putting in my application.

17. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Was it a 'Super Enpou' request or just a regular application via the Ticket Center.

Super Enpou you should get an email in English if you win - here are examples of mine:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you apply via the Ticket Center, you get a confirmation email that you've applied for a show immediately. If you win a show, you will get another email that states you've won. If you get wait-listed you also get an email but it's slightly different. (the examples in the TOC of winning and waitlist emails were a big help to me).

PS: Great meeting you in Akihabara earlier this month :D

18. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

It was by means of the ticket center. It seems I have passed my window for Super Long distance without a win. I hope I did not screw up my application for that (it covered 17 days). I am here another five weeks, so I registered for the ticket center and will now start the grind of applying for show after show.

It is my hope to see a show in THE theater. I see SKE48 tomorrow for the kickoff of their tour in Nagoya.

19. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Quick questions - when do they update the AKB48 schedule for the shows for the following week (and hence when can I expect to receive my winning email if I have won)?

And if, say, I applied for tickets for two people, but only one of them (me) had actually registered at the AKB48 Ticket Center website (and used my registered email to send the application through to AKB48), would they still be able to process tickets for BOTH people?

N.B. Applied for July 6th onwards via Super Enpou.

20. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai