Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I applied for super enpou when I was there July/early August, no love.

2. jsstepp

jsstepp Kenkyuusei

Hello everyone. Long-time lurker, first time poster. I am in Japan now, and have applied for the Enpou reservation. Unfortunately, I don't read any Japanese, so I'm wondering if someone can translate the picture I have attached? It is of my "My Page" on the AKB48 ticket site. I assume it is just a confirmation of my lottery application?

Also, if I win the lottery, will this page change at all, and if so, to what?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

3. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The site is confirming your application. In case you should win, you will receive a mail from Ticket Center until 3 p.m. tomorrow. The page will change too eventually.

Are you going with someone else or is Michael Roy your name? It looks like you filled in your name in the field for people accompanying you. You don't have to worry about it though. The second ticket can be cancelled at any time.

4. jsstepp

jsstepp Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the quick replies!

Michael is my friend coming with me (I'm Jeff) so I think we should be good, right? I assumed that the base entry would be for me, and I listed him as my companion (or "Spouse" as Google Translate puts it lol).

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    That's perfectly fine then. :)

Good luck. Hope you win a ticket during your stay.

6. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    This is exactly what I did. But I didn't realise till I showed up at the door and the guy at the ticket booth was confused at why there was meant to be two of me. Luckily I'd saved the confirmation email on my phone in Japanese to show him. He let me off and the second ticket went to a waiting list person, but I always wonder if I'm on their "badboy" list or whether they let me off because it was obvious from that meeting that I understood absolutely no Japanese.

7. jsstepp

jsstepp Kenkyuusei

I assume this means I didn't get Enpou tix? The box went from green to gray, and the characters changed:

Attached Files:

8. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

unfortunately no. so make sure to apply for mobile/fan lottery (if you are in either category) and general lottery.

9. jsstepp

jsstepp Kenkyuusei

Thanks! It's all a long-shot, but worth it. I'll let you guys know if I make it in!

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    For how long are you planning to stay in Japan?

You will need both luck and patience. I don't want to dis-encourage you and you should definitely keep applying, but unfortunately with the popularity of the group right now it could very well happen that you won't win a show if you are only here for a week, two or even a month.

If you're willing to take the trip down to Nagoya you might want to try applying for SKE as well.

11. jsstepp

jsstepp Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I know it's tough since they're so popular. Unfortunately, I'm only in Tokyo for a few days, so this is the best opportunity to see them. Hopefully it works out. If not, I'll just have to come back!

12. madamada

madamada Kenkyuusei

After many reading, since applying for stage ticket is almost near to impossible, and concert ticket is damn expensive, how about handshake event? Anyone has ever been to one and willing to share the how-to process?

13. Shoudou

Shoudou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kotaniriho
    I can help you a little in this.

I went to a handshake event during my 2010 trip (I will go to another event of NMB this comming summer and the process have not changed at all).

There are 2 kinds of handshake events:

- General events (you got the tickets from the singles) --> never been to any so i don't wonna give you wrong info

- Chara-ani handshake tickets:

When the single is released it comes with the Theater version, you got the theater version buy buying it in the chara-ani site and it comes with a handshake ticket with the member you choose.

http://ch.chara-ani.com/

AKB blog use to give info when every step is going to happen

When you are ordering the theater versions, in the chara-ani site you have the date of the event and place and also a large menu of all the girls participating.

The system is easy, each girl has a number of schedule like this:

①部 9:30-10:30
    ②部 10:30-11:30
    ③部 12:30-13:30
    ④部 13:30-14:30
    ⑤部 14:30-15:30
    ⑥部 16:00-17:00
    ⑦部 17:00-18:00
    ⑧部 18:30-19:30
    ⑨部 19:30-20:30

Popular members has all the schedules, while less popular ones might have only part of them, in the menu you can see every girl with her respective schedule.

Then it all goes by lottery. The application dates are perfectly explained in the chara-ani site. So when the 1st application lottery is available you can apply for your ticekts.

1st lottery: Usually you can choose 1 ticket for each box (girl + schedule) maximum 3 tickets.
    For example: Maeda Atsuko ⑥部

2nd lottery: Usually 3 tickets for each box max of 30 tickets.

When you apply in a lotery, you will get an email with your applications (NOT WINNINGS), when thr lottery time ends, there will be the lottery and you will be notified by mail with your WIN and LOSE tickets.

You can apply in all the lotterys, but note in the 2nd lottery, there might be members with tickets sold out, so their boxes won't be able to apply for.

Example of the lottery dates and how many tickets can you apply for in each one:
    http://www.akb48now.com/wp-content/uplo ... mariko.png

Price of a theater version is 1000 Yen (CD + handshake ticket) and they will be sent to the address you provide (in the NMB one i had to register in the chara-ani site and put an adress in the account).

So be sure to have a japanese address where you can recieve your tickets.

Payment is by cash in the moment of the delivery

Here you have a review from Cristafari and how the tickets looks like ^^
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=113&start=5525#p547454

Sorry if my explanation is messy, maybe Youko or Cris can wirte a more accurate experience. But this is how you can get a handshake ticket.

note for s48 staff: dunno if there's some thread about handshake explanation, in that case please let me know and i will detele this post

14. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ Good write-up.

I also say that applying for theater tickets is not impossible. It's actually very easy compared to other J-pop artists/groups. The difficulty comes in actually winning the lottery, but the odds aren't insurmountable - I did win 3 shows last year. :D

15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    As long as you have a Japanese mailing address (someone who will pay for your COD) it is very easy. All you do is wait for the chara-ani announcement and apply for hs tickets.

If you want my advice for maximum success, don't focus so much on the most popular members. That isnt to say you shouldnt apply for them at all, but keep in mind that you will be a lot more successful if you don't focus on Acchan, Yukirin and Yuko. What I usually do...

1st round, apply for senbatsu and popular members...

2nd round, apply for my favorites and semi popular members I like

3rd round, apply for many Wasamin tix :p

4th round apply for UG that I like, and the rest of my faves (It helps that I love Tanamin and Haachan, not too popular)

As for SKE, as long as you arent applying for Rena and J, you will have an easy time getting tix. But it is the same process.

BTW, Shoudou and Tenkun are both excellent sources for ticket tips. Please feel free to PM us for any info you want.

16. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    Hi Everyone. I'm going to be in Japan from July 12 - July 26 and wanted to put my name down if anyone gets any extra tickets for that period of time. I have already sent my Super Enpou email but I just want to make sure that I definitely get to see a show while I am over there.

Will there be any arena concerts during that time also? Or will it just be stage shows? <3

17. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ It will likely just be stage shows and perhaps additional dates for the National Tour (though likely not in Tokyo). That could change, they rarely announce concerts more than 60 days in advance and usually much less than 30 days.

Extra tickets for the theater shows don't exist. You have to provide the names of the attendees when you apply, and there are no substitutions. You should sign up for a ticket center account and apply for regular Enpou and General seating for theater shows while you are there. The first post in this thread has all the details.

18. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ Good Idea. I will do that. Also, if there is extra dates for the national tour, we are going to be outside of Tokyo as well (Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya, etc) - so it'd be amazing if they were anywhere near there.

Or outside there, lol I don't mind, I just need to see them! <3

19. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Hi FreezingKiss,

Great news and hope you will get tickets :) just one thing I noticed is you said you had already sent your Super Enpou entry, however, the super enpou rules are to submit it within 30days of the start date of your available viewing period. So not sure if they will keep it active or just disregard it. Thing is you will never really know...

Also, if you have iPhone and maybe android, not sure on the android one, but if you have credit for iTunes Japan store then you can subscribe to the app and it gives you an additional application category, so another possible chance to win.

Important thing to remember is that all the people you apply with in a category also have to satisfy the criteria for that category.

I think there likely will be additional national tour dates seeing as they have skipped May, I assume due to the Revival concerts. But as Tenkun said, I can't imagine July dates to be released anytime prior to Mid-Late June :)

Again, good luck :)

20. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ Thanks very much! That's a good idea too. Maybe I will submit another application between the 30 days and just pop an apology in there. I do have an iphone so I will see if I can get iTunes Japan credit!