Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Nov 16, 2010.

1. ozawa_chan

ozawa_chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Newbie's question: can the instruction at the first post be used for applying for Saitama Super Arena? Based on the comments here, it seems like the chance to get the ticket is slim, but I wanna try my luck [sweat]

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    There will be multiple ways to apply for tickets. If you are on a short visit Japan for the concert you will probably have a chance to apply via Super Enpou. You will need to watch tgsk's blog for updates to when that will happen.

It is also possible to apply for tickets via a ticket sales site like e-plus or Lawson (I forget which one handles AKB concerts, but I am on both of their mailing lists) Once again, keep track of tgsk's blog for updates.

But if you are referring to the AKB48 ticket center...No, they don't handle the concerts outside the theater.

3. ozawa_chan

ozawa_chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I'll be there for one week (my spring break) so Super Enpou sounds good. tgsk's blog is in Japanese while I don't understand Japanese =_= seem like it isn't easy for me now.

oh man~ :cry:

4. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    I'll post in the Saitama Super Arena thread when tickets go on sale. AKB48 seems to favor ePlus - though I did use Lawson when I tried for SKE48 Request Hour.

Some notes if you decide to try the standard ticket route. This is going to require either a:

- Japanese credit card
    - Friend in Japan

When you order tickets online (ePlus, Lawson, Pia) they require payment via credit card or in certain cases at a convenience store (conbini).

For credit cards, most sites do not take non-Japanese credit cards (or at least I haven't found one that does yet). If you need to use a credit card - you'll need a friend in Japan with one who can order them.

For conbini payment, you can pay in cash or credit, but you need to go to the store within a very tight window of time (1-2 days), which is usually well in advance of the concert. Unless you are in Japan for a long period of time, you'll need a friend to go pay for them.

That's one of the nice things about the AKB48 Theater. You can apply online, but you don't pay for the ticket until you are actually there. The advantage is that it makes it impossible for people to resell theater tickets and easier for visitors to see shows (since you pay cash). The disadvantage is that the system doesn't work for large events.

The good news is that I'm certain there will be plenty of inexpensive seats available from the ticket resellers.

5. ozawa_chan

ozawa_chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I appreciate that ^^

Really? I thought the reselling ticket would be more expensive since AKB48 is really popular now. Anyway, I can't wait to see the post about Saitama Super Arena [rock]

6. SGhades

SGhades Kenkyuusei

I have just read the rules & regulations...
    But i don't understand 1 of the thing:
    Why we are not allowed to give presents to SDN48 members?
    Hope somebody can help me on the above mention question...
    Thanks...

7. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ although there is no explicit post or explanation as to why this rule is in effect, our main guesses for the reasons would be:

1. sdn does not have the "no boyfriend" rule, but they don't really talk about it in shows (husbands are a different topic though) so you don't really know who has one and who doesn't. coming home to their boyfriends/husbands bringing gifts from other guys might not exactly be a welcome sight.

2. separate personal lives with professional lives. discourage suitors and stalkers from using the theater as a means to try and get the girl. basically connected with my reason #1. better safe than sorry.

3. sdn being a sexy unit. who knows what people might think of to give to them.

i would also like to re-iterate that even flowers are not accepted, unless its their birthday bouquet.

8. Kashi_Yu

Kashi_Yu Kenkyuusei

this is totally helping me.
    I was plannning on going to Japan this summer and def. want to see AKB's stage.
    The step by step registration is awesom.e
    Now i can use this as a guide..
    Thanks~
    oh.. plus all these rules that need to follow

9. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

After so many applications to almost any theater show, i'm put in the wait list..... YES!!!!! the number's pretty low too so i hope i'll be able to get in.... i'll hopefully be watching the team B show this sunday..... AHHHHHHHH I can't wait, it's time for me to actually step foot on the 8th Floor of Donki.... YES!!!!

10. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Congrats! That is awesome news.

It's so hard to get shows now - I've trying now since I'm here until the 9th, but not even a nibble (and of course - no response to Super Enpou) I was going to try for SKE48 too - but it looks like there are going to be no shows next week at all o_O

Can't wait to hear what your experience was like!

11. masquerei

masquerei Kenkyuusei

Hi I would like to ask a question.
    I'm heading to Tokyo next Tuesday with some of my buds and I have applied for Super Enpou through the mail thingy.
    But I'm fearful that nothing will come out of it [worried]
    When should I start applying for regular and normal enpou tickets??
    Should I do so once I touchdown and see no mail, or wait for 2 to 3 days first??
    Sorry!!

12. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

i say start applying to shows you want to see, just make sure you know you'll be there already for that specific show you are applying for. if you do manage to get a Super Enpou ticket, just cancel your regular ticket application.

13. masquerei

masquerei Kenkyuusei

^
    Thanks for the advice!! I'll be sure to do that :)
    Seems like the website currently only has ticket booking for this week..
    Hopefully I'll be able to book next week's one once its out~~

14. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    They add shows on a rolling basis - about 7 days in advance. You have only a 20 hour window to apply for each class of ticket - my recommendation is to check every morning for show availability and apply for whatever is available. There are no shows this weekend due to HS event. They'll probably post the Monday/Tuesday schedule today.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi everyone!
    I'm going to Japan for about 2 weeks in July and I thought it would be super cool to go see AKB48 or NMB48 shows.
    So, I have some questions..
    I found this webpage http://www.akb48.co.jp/english/overseas/index.html
    but the first post of this thread is guiding how to apply for ticket raffle in the japanese page.. Which is best way?
    Also I would want two tickets(female and were also sisters if those matter).
    Seeing how hard it seems to get tickets, I don't care which stage we hit.
    What chances do we have? Should I send the email in early june and hope and hope for the best or should I try to get tickets trough the raffles on website?
    Would it be easier to achieve tickets for NMB48 show rather than AKB48?
    Thanks for reading~!

16. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ I'd recommend reading carefully through all the posts on this thread - it should answer most if not all questions about applying for AKB48 shows (both Super Enpou and regular ticket center). Super Enpou seems extremely hard to win now for theater shows - if not impossible, we haven't heard of anyone winning in a while - but it never hurts to enter.

For NMB48 you need to apply for their Ticket Center (it's similar to the AKB48 process - SKE48 also has a ticket center now too). All shows are likely going to be extremely difficult to win - this trip alone I've applied over 20 times and not even a cancel machi yet. I would take every chance possible to win a ticket if you can.

17. madamada

madamada Kenkyuusei

Is there any way to check the concert schedule online? Usually, will it be held in weekdays or weekend?

Thanks

18. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Yes, the official website normally lists all of the coming weeks shows, complete with member lists.

19. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

^ if you are talking about the Tokyo Dome Concert then info isn't out yet. But once they announce it i'm sure you'll be able to see it online (especially here in Stage48)

now if you are talking about the Theater Shows, then it's in https://ticket.akb48.co.jp/ on the left side, usually list shows almost a week in advance with the teams and members performing that day.

20. madamada

madamada Kenkyuusei

If let's say i plan to go there this July/August, what is the best chance to watch ANY of akb shows (i'll take anything as long as i can meet with any senbatsu member) other than theater? Since from what i read until now, to watch theater you need to leave it to fate and luck haha...