Should AKB48 be in the Opening Ceremony of the 2020 Olympics?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Feb 2, 2015.

1. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    If AKB48 perform in OG opening ceremony (or closing), I bet the song will be HebiRote and Koichun. They will never perform their "meaningful" song.

I'd rather wish to see Yuzu and Ikimonogakari in OG opening/closing ceremony rather than idol group.

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Actually I want Hatsune Miku more than AKB48 or its affiliated groups because in my mind, Hatsune Miku represents Japan more than AKB48. Also in fact, Hatsune Miku is more popular aboard than AKB48. Please attend any weeaboo event in your city. Everyone there knows who Hatsune Miku is but not all lf them know who who Matsui Jurina is.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    If you think about AKB48 to sing the official song.

Definitely made by Aki P.

2012 olympics official song was made by Muse, one of greatest rock bands of their generation, lyrics by Matt Bellamy, the band's vocalist/guitarist.

2020 olympics song is sung by AKB48, lyrics by Aki P.

What a downgrade. wwwwww

Lol kidding.

Well, the last time there was a very major sport competition in Japan was 2002 world cup that Japan was co-host with South Korea.

The official song & anthem were both made and performed by neither Japanese nor Korean artist.

Maybe for an olympic, the song/anthem has to be made by domestic artist of the host nation.

Japan made a bid to 2022 world cup, South Korea too but they weren't joint, both lost to Qatar.

If 2022 world cup were in Japan then expecting Sakamichi more to sing the song because world cup songs are sung by Sony artist which Sakamichi group signs to Sony, the record label has license from FIFA.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    If AKB should open the Olympics, I hope they bring the full force of 48Group. They can fill the field with all the members. That would probably blow people's mind. Japan's largest girl group (literally) and they're performance will go down in the history books. XD

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

4 years ago i want AKB48group to perform at the opening ceremony 2020 olympics because i know they can take criticism but right now AKB48 dont have the glory as before and always viewed as untalented pedophile group. ITS really hars to say but i want them to not go to the opening ceremonybthe criticism they will get wont be little,right now they need to establish new foundation to make them stronger again and take back the glory they had even though i want to see the Stadium filled qith 48group its just impossible if they will only get hate and criticism

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    With the NGT scandal still in the public consciousness, its highly unlikely that AKB would even be brought up as an option.

Then again, if AKS plays their card right and pitch in the idea of a World48 performance with all members from all international groups, it might gain some positive support (not sure if enough). The novelty of having groups from all over Asia spearheaded by Japan might be appealing enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lilwisper

lilwisper Kenkyuusei

I would have to agree with this. At least before all that mess, AKS could have had a chance to discuss things. However due to their greed to save their face and keep the needs of a few over the needs of the many, they could never be in the running now unless one of the head Olympic organizers is secretly a big idol fan.

8. don

don Kenkyuusei

I'd love to see a Graduated members only performance of Heavy Rotations and Koisuru Fortune Cookie but I doubt AKB will get any representation.

my guess for opening ceremonies :
    Enka : Sayuri Ishikawa
    Old Guy Rock : Keisuke Kuwata
    Pop : Radwimps, and Aimyon

9. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1